The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Hate Tactical Alerts Even Before I Started It

DaWolv

I want a challange in Warframe, but making me reduce my conclave rating is not a challange.

It's asking me to disregard my progress.

No, it's more along the lines of empowering you by making you realize that you don't need all those fancy weapons and mods to be an unstoppable killing machine.

If you want a recent, but poor example of this, look at the movie "Iron Man 3." I use this example because we are similar to the Iron man superhero - warriors clad in magic armor with loads of different weapons at our disposal.

The trope being used is that when you take away a hero's power, you force them to fight without their crutches. It doesn't negate their progress, it makes them appreciate it when they finally fight their way through and get all their toys back.

You make valid points with your opinion, but keep in mind that the dev's intention is the exact opposite of "disregarding your progress."

This is a very poor design choice

whats the point of lowering the conclave rating? its very backwards thinking. i have most of my warframe fixed with all 3 set ups and i got like a billion loadouts (mastery 17) - they are all full and this event is making me uninstall and sorta tweek just so i can participate at a low conclave set up. Its stupid and not progressive.

lore wise it doesn't make sense.

practicality it doesn't make sense.

No, it's more along the lines of empowering you by making you realize that you don't need all those fancy weapons and mods to be an unstoppable killing machine.

If you want a recent, but poor example of this, look at the movie "Iron Man 3." I use this example because we are similar to the Iron man superhero - warriors clad in magic armor with loads of different weapons at our disposal.

The trope being used is that when you take away a hero's power, you force them to fight without their crutches. It doesn't negate their progress, it makes them appreciate it when they finally fight their way through and get all their toys back.

You make valid points with your opinion, but keep in mind that the dev's intention is the exact opposite of "disregarding your progress."

Um, for me Iron Man 3 was easily the weakest of the three movies.  If I go to see an Iron Man movie, I expect to see Iron Man.  And when you do see all of the armors at the end, they seem to be made of paper mache.  Didn't Iron Man's armor stand up to Thor in Avengers?  So, are all of the Eximus baddies more powerful than Thor? 

Still, this is a good comparison for this thread.  After all, I don't much like DE(L)'s ideas for the "tactical alerts" either, so picking a poorly done movie would be appropriate.

Um, for me Iron Man 3 was easily the weakest of the three movies.

Still, this is a good comparison for this thread.  After all, I don't much like DE(L)'s ideas for the "tactical alerts" either, so picking a poorly done movie would be appropriate.

Don't get distracted by the movie. The "taking away a hero's powers and make them realize that they are still a hero without them" is an extremely common trope. That's what this event is designed around.

Don't get distracted by the movie. The "taking away a hero's powers and make them realize that they are still a hero without them" is an extremely common trope. That's what this event is designed around.

#1 - not distracted by the movie.  I listed what I thought was wrong with it as a way of showing that what was being done here was also ill received.

#2 - the event wasn't designed around the hero is still a hero without their power trope.  It was designed around "hmm, how can we artificially make this event tougher?"

DE(L) relies too much on rule-breaking mechanics and lopsided enemy stacking.  Again, if y'all enjoy it, go for it.  For myself, I am looking elsewhere to put my time and money, because I have lost faith in DE(L)'s decisions.

So... You are too overpowered for the event, and you are crying because you feel that you are such and important being and DE should make events just for your entertainment and should stop making events for low level players and only focusing on what you want?

So... You are too overpowered for the event, and you are crying because you feel that you are such and important being and DE should make events just for your entertainment and should stop making events for low level players and only focusing on what you want?

Welcome to the forums. Try not to belittle people just because their view may be misguided, or that you disagree with their opinion.

For the 100th time:

I DONT WANT MY LOADOUT TAKEN AWAY FROM JUST TO PLAY A MISSION

THE CONCLAVE SYSTEM IS FLAWED TO BEGIN WITH

EVEN AFTER ADJUSTING MY LOADOUT TO THE CONCLAVE REQUIREMENT IT WAS STILL FAR AWAY FROM CHALLANGING

These are the 3 hot button issues with this "event".

Instead of wasting everyone's time, they could have just made the event scale according to level and mastery.

Get rid of that conclave smud, or at least fix it so that the rating actually reflects the power output/defense rating of a player.

Because right now, its just an arbitrary number that is absolutely meaningless.

It's the same feedback people gave them when they brought out the spectres.

If you don't recal:

"If you want the highest conclave rating to build the highest spectre, just click auto equip - then it will give you warm coat and flame repellant and you are C1900"

For the 100th time:

I DONT WANT MY LOADOUT TAKEN AWAY FROM JUST TO PLAY A MISSION

THE CONCLAVE SYSTEM IS FLAWED TO BEGIN WITH

EVEN AFTER ADJUSTING MY LOADOUT TO THE CONCLAVE REQUIREMENT IT WAS STILL FAR AWAY FROM CHALLANGING

These are the 3 hot button issues with this "event".

Instead of wasting everyone's time, they could have just made the event scale according to level and mastery.

Get rid of that conclave smud, or at least fix it so that the rating actually reflects the power output/defense rating of a player.

Because right now, its just an arbitrary number that is absolutely meaningless.

It's the same feedback people gave them when they brought out the spectres.

If you don't recal:

"If you want the highest conclave rating to build the highest spectre, just click auto equip - then it will give you warm coat and flame repellant and you are C1900"

Mastery is just as flawed as conclave. Basing scaling off that would be a truly terrible idea. Conclave is a theoretically sound system, but the problem with it is that the values assigned to mods are way off. What should happen is a conclave rebalance, with all the mods getting a fair value.

As for wasting people's time by forcing them to use weaker gear, these are optional challenge missions. For people who want the challenge, they are given the opportunity to try and go through a mission with some sort of restriction on them. I don't usually like to say this, but in this case isn't sadly true: if you don't want to use weak gear, you're welcome to just not play tactical alerts.

We are all sorry to hear that your free game does not stand up to your expectation of value. Perhaps a different free game would suit you better?

What you are saying is that this game is hopeless and every vet better drop it and play some other game that has high-level content. 

Im not that pessimistic, Warframe can be made into a more long-lasting game with high level content too.

And for people who don't understand: making you strip off in the name of balance defies the whole concept of games like this with gear progress and levelling up. 

Edited by Monolake

And for people who don't understand: making you strip off in the name of balance defies the whole concept of games like this with gear progress and levelling up.

You've never played Fable? The Witcher 1? Morrowind? Any video game that ever puts your character in jail and then takes your stuff away?

This is so common that it's a trope. So please, do not rest your argument on the idea that this somehow has never been done and "defies the whole concept of a game with gear progress."

Mastery is just as flawed as conclave. Basing scaling off that would be a truly terrible idea. Conclave is a theoretically sound system, but the problem with it is that the values assigned to mods are way off. What should happen is a conclave rebalance, with all the mods getting a fair value.

I don't usually like to say this, but in this case isn't sadly true: if you don't want to use weak gear, you're welcome to just not play tactical alerts.

1) Exactly

2) I am not playing them! Not because of the "restrictions", but because even with the "restrictions" they are far too easy, but boring and grindy for a terrible reward.

You've never played Fable? The Witcher 1? Morrowind? Any video game that ever puts your character in jail and then takes your stuff away?

This is so common that it's a trope. So please, do not rest your argument on the idea that this somehow has never been done and "defies the whole concept of a game with gear progress."

Thats either start of the game. When its done mid-game it can only work as a short-time gimmick (like the Zanuka abduction, which I still haven't played btw, hello, RNG!), otherwise its highly annoying for every player who worked to gain good hear. 

No, No, and No.  Yes I have.  They either do this at the very outset of the game, or give all of your stuff back very quickly when they do it mid-game.  All of those games are also story driven.  There is precious little lore in Warframe, and the story is non-existent.  Removing gear thus cannot be compared to story driven games where the loss of gear might make some kind of sense.

Now, Warframe is, in fact, a gear driven game.  You have to level up mods, you have to level up weapons, you have to level up warframes.  Leveling up gear is the basis for the game.  There is really nothing else.  I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but if you have a gear driven game, and then deprive people of the gear they have spent hours developing, then you have basically misunderstood or broken the concept of your own game.

As I said earlier, I used to really enjoy Warframe.  This feeling has ebbed and ebbed over the last couple of months so that now, I'm really only barely interested at all.  Perhaps this is a parting of the ways for me and the game, and while that's something of a pity, it's not the end of the world.  I doubt I will support the game in any meaningful fashion, but I also wish no ill-will on those who are still engaged.  I hope that y'all enjoy the changes.  Until and unless DE(L) alters the direction of their current intent, however, I doubt that Warframe will feature very highly in my gaming future.

Again. I'm not here to argue your opinions. You both make great points. I only want to make sure that everyone is stating their feedback without reservation and with every advantage.

So you are saying I have some reservation or I am missing some advantage?  Further explaining your point would be helpful, as I do not understand what the basic point of your reply was.

Mission absolutely unplayable for solo , requirements are ridiculous for such miserable reward.Ash and synapse, only this i can take and its not enough.Ash easy taking all damage but synapse got only 2 forma and its spending lot of ammo for killing one hyena.Everything what new are worst then before.Why??

Then you are doing it very wrong.

I ran 446 conclave with an RB Excal and dual Ichors.

They die like chumps.

Then you are doing it very wrong.

I ran 446 conclave with an RB Excal and dual Ichors.

They die like chumps.

Just the fact that there are people who, like me, think the difficulty is laughable at best, while a the same time people cry about how hard it is to complete is just more proove that the Conclave System as a way of balancing content (or rather, forcing you to balance yourself for content) is a complete failure.

I want to point out something.

People here say they are forced to gimp themselves.

No you are not.

You gimp yourselves so that you can play the event. You are not forced. You do not have to play the event.

Thank you.

This is the thing though.

If the devs want to keep us veterans interested they have to create a challange for us. A self-imposed challange is not what we are asking for. We could've done that by ourselves.

But this is only part of the problem, as the conclave rating is an absolutely meaningless number, as shown above.

Instead of putting out new content, they took a broken system and added to it to make it more infuriating and then had the brilliant idea to put grind in there too, for good measure. This is why I grow more tired of this game every day.

If I wasn't a clan leader and had some managerial element to Warframe, I would've quit by now... and that is sad for me too, as I invested a lot of time and effort into my equipment and account.

Me deciding to leave all that behind is one thing, but the devs asking me to leave behind my cool gear for new content thats hardly any different from everything else we already got?

I could've just started a new account and gotten the exact same experience.