The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14.5 - It's Here Edition

Letter13

Please keep in mind that we don't actually know if 14.5 is today.

The preview video and the tweet might be an elaborate ruse to troll us.

Like the Grineer systems.

We might only get a countdown today. D:

Basically we shouldn't count our chickens before they hatch. Or potatoes before they grow. Or something.

How to counteract this with logic.

DE likes to ship updates on Wednesday, sometimes Friday for a weekend event.

The 14.5 Preview looks clean as of now. Although they could be hiding our Tonfas and a Wraith/Vandal behind the event. 

Doesn't seem like DE would do a Countdown or Hype Site for any X.5, unless someone can correct me.

So cancelling out all possibilities of 14.5 being delayed, it will be shipped today.

Please keep in mind that we don't actually know if 14.5 is today.

The preview video and the tweet might be an elaborate ruse to troll us.

On a more serious note- people don't like to be trolled.

It already happened 2 or 3 times.

It would be beyond contra-productive to p**s people off again.

Giving people hope that something is getting released, and then delaying it, will make people leave the game.

At this point everyone should know better than to release trailers/ previews before the thing is actually finished... like ... 100%

Edited by WEREsandrock

a new tile set yay... sorry but they always seem lacking. if its anything like the other, it will be on 6-12 nodes and only 1-3 will be ones i play to farm so unless i want to play them only to see the ice planet (once). i wont play them.

new mod UI, well thank god. cant stand the one right now so diffidently looking forward to this but some problems have already been addressed in other threads so ill leave them there. 

New weapons, both just look like the synapse. anyone remember that? probably not to much since the nerf on it. 10 base damage lol. Can see them either being only for mastery right away or being actually pretty good for 3 months OR some how OP and then a nerf in 2-3 months. 

Oh almost forgot kurborw, mine died the day before they changed it so it took twice as long (was on vacation) so until i feel like spending ht enext week trying to get an egg, then ill care. 

Even if they added all the unconfirmed stuff im still not hyped. 

DE has burned ever last piece of hype left in me. And from what ive seen of other long time vet players, they to. Now most people still have a t least a little to say "this looks like a good update" i cant. i got suckered into to maybe updates like that and then turned into crap ones. 

No hype, if its a good update, i will see it when it comes out, if not, then by then the U15 hype train will start to try make everyone forget about 14.5

Not a big update so i cant see it breaking the game, maybe 2-3 small bugs for a bit that will annoy us at most.

TLDR meh. hype? none. see if its any good when it comes out. 

Giving people hope that someone is getting released, and then delaying it, will make people leave the game.

At this point everyone should know better than to release trailers/ previews before the thing is actually finished... like ... 100%

dont expect much, i 100% agree with you but DE seems to never learn.

Giving people hope that someone is getting released, and then delaying it, will make people leave the game.

Why?! They've never said that it has to be (or would be) this Wednesday, or any specific date for that matter. They can just put the preview out there and won't have to release it for another few months down the road. In facts, many games put their preview video out everywhere, but won't release them until another year.

a new tile set yay... sorry but they always seem lacking. if its anything like the other, it will be on 6-12 nodes and only 1-3 will be ones i play to farm so unless i want to play them only to see the ice planet (once). i wont play them.

new mod UI, well thank god. cant stand the one right now so diffidently looking forward to this but some problems have already been addressed in other threads so ill leave them there. 

New weapons, both just look like the synapse. anyone remember that? probably not to much since the nerf on it. 10 base damage lol. Can see them either being only for mastery right away or being actually pretty good for 3 months OR some how OP and then a nerf in 2-3 months. 

Oh almost forgot kurborw, mine died the day before they changed it so it took twice as long (was on vacation) so until i feel like spending ht enext week trying to get an egg, then ill care. 

Even if they added all the unconfirmed stuff im still not hyped. 

DE has burned ever last piece of hype left in me. And from what ive seen of other long time vet players, they to. Now most people still have a t least a little to say "this looks like a good update" i cant. i got suckered into to maybe updates like that and then turned into crap ones. 

No hype, if its a good update, i will see it when it comes out, if not, then by then the U15 hype train will start to try make everyone forget about 14.5

Not a big update so i cant see it breaking the game, maybe 2-3 small bugs for a bit that will annoy us at most.

TLDR meh. hype? none. see if its any good when it comes out. 

crying_baby.jpg

So, today is update day!

Things to hope for: The ice stuff(other than the tileset).

Fixes galore!

New improvements to the TA system.

Probably armor(we're about due for another one).

Announcements/teasers about the next prime set(we're about due for another one!)

...and everything being off-expected-schedule by 2 weeks because of gamescom.

Any other theories or insights?

EDIT: OH! And Oberon 2.0! Almost forgot! He's *probably* getting buffed today! Yay Oberon Kenobi, you are our only hope!

Edited by Llyssa

14.5 was slated to have, well, there's a megathread for it. Considering they did virtually nothing last week(gamescom return lag), and purposely avoided incrementing us to 14.3 then, it's quite certain they expect all of the 14.5 goodness to be further away. They'd be skipping two numbers(.3 and .4) that both could've been had by now if they intended 14.5 today.

So I'd say less than 10% chance of it happening.

Since the U14.5 Vid is already up im kind ahoping we get U14.5 today as they usually upload these vid shortly before the update.

Reasons why im hoping for U14.5

- Tonfa

- Kubrow Customization

- New Mission that will replace Survival on Planets

- and a little bit interested in the new mod ui and if it will make things better or worse (don't have a problem with the current one so im wondering why that gets changed)