Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Greatest Trade (Value Wise) I've Ever Done

(PSN)dukezap1

This exemplifies the failings of an unregulated in-game economy where buyers are often unaware of actual monetary value. In-game prices set by DE (ie: overpriced Skanas) only serve to worsen the problem, giving newbies a false impression of plat value. While it should be expected that unscrupulous tactics will be used by sellers who seek to benefit from unknowing buyers, those actions are no less distasteful. An auction system, while imperfect, should benefit the system as a whole, though sellers who've benefited from the current system will be the most resistant.

Worse yet, you've posted screencaps saying "hey look, I ripped this guy off! Hah, let's make fun of the newbie!" I can't tell you to feel bad for it, but at the very least have the decency to keep it private- and no, blurring out the names doesn't count.

It all depends on what the buyer bought his/her plat for really and how they value time vs. money.  Some of the platinum heavyweights buy discounted platinum at 30-40 platinum per dollar.  If they are professionals, they may be paid anywhere from $30-300 per hour.

Does anyone think $2-3 dollars means anything to the type of person I described above?

Not saying this is exactly the case here, but I'm hoping to bring some perspective into this.

I paid between 175-250p per uncommon 10 maxed kubrow mods, so I would have duplicates in time for the PS4 migration.  I know the price now is probably lower more like 100-200p right?  Why did I do it?  Well I wanted to give the sellers incentive to do business quickly with me so I can make the deadline to migrate to PS4.

Paying a small premium for something isn't uncommon for people who don't have a lot of time, but have expendable income.

Great post; a lot of people worked up over your trade and none of them considered that just for once the person paying offered 100p because they needed it badly and was willing to just pay the first person they found with it.

In the buyer's mind, it was the best offer he could equate to his/her desperation. They got what they wanted and the seller got a tremendous profit.

fVFupQB.gif

It all depends on what the buyer bought his/her plat for really and how they value time vs. money.  Some of the platinum heavyweights buy discounted platinum at 30-40 platinum per dollar.  If they are professionals, they may be paid anywhere from $30-300 per hour.

Does anyone think $2-3 dollars means anything to the type of person I described above?

Not saying this is exactly the case here, but I'm hoping to bring some perspective into this.

I paid between 175-250p per uncommon 10 maxed kubrow mods, so I would have duplicates in time for the PS4 migration.  I know the price now is probably lower more like 100-200p right?  Why did I do it?  Well I wanted to give the sellers incentive to do business quickly with me so I can make the deadline to migrate to PS4.

Paying a small premium for something isn't uncommon for people who don't have a lot of time, but have expendable income.

In other words you are saying that if the buyer has enough RL cash to throw at the game then it's ok to charge them crazy prices ?

Imagine going to a shop to buy milk, there are no price labels. You take the milk to the checkout and the clerk looks at your bank balance somehow and says, ok that'll be 50 bucks for 2L of milk. The next guy get his milk for cheaper because he has less.

That's just stupid.

The people who are against auction house are the ones who are making a truckload of plat off people who aren't researching prices/spending all their time watching trade chat. We NEED auction house, it will drive all the "overpriced" mods down to a community agreeable level, its not as if crimson dervishes will become 1plat overnight "oh noes, it will break the game, it's p2w!1!!" say the anti-auction house guys.

Plenty of MMOS manage auction house, i don't see how it will "break" this game. You cant pay2win at something if there is nothing to win at in the first place.

I was trying to buy lex p set last night, nobody was selling it, apart from 2 guys. I guy was pushing me for 150p for a set, i told him hell no. The other guy sold me sicarus p set and lex p set for 50p all together. Guess who was a nicer chap ?

Edited by kiteohatto

Sold a Rhino Prime Helmet for 170plat once.

The regular helmet ^^

Also: would any of the people now ragging on OP not take such a deal? I think not. It's not like the guy had to buy it from him / he made the guy buy it.

Edited by Leland_Gaunt

Instead of educating the player you take advantage of them. You're part of the problem.

I hope whoever does this feels ashamed but a player who has bad morals I doubt this will ever cross their mind.

not to mention this is either real money or money that was earned through a lot of time.

Absolutely vial. Disgusting and down right immoral.

I also really mock your disastrous attempt at photoshop. You didn't even cover all of the names.

I can still figure out who you scammed.

Here's how i see it.

If they give you a great offer, you can take it. Taking advantage of them would be if you made them a junk offer and they accepted.

In this trade, the guy made him an offer he couldn't refuse, you can't blame him for not bidding against himself.

Anyway, a few of the best trades i ever made:

Frost P set for 150p

Loki P helm for 30p+blind rage

3 T3MD keys for a rhino prime bp

Again, these are all offers they made me. I never go over 10% above the high average off WFtrading when i'm making offers.

In other words you are saying that if the buyer has enough RL cash to throw at the game then it's ok to charge them crazy prices ?

Imagine going to a shop to buy milk, there are no price labels. You take the milk to the checkout and the clerk looks at your bank balance somehow and says, ok that'll be 50 bucks for 2L of milk. The next guy get his milk for cheaper because he has less.

That's just stupid.

The people who are against auction house are the ones who are making a truckload of plat off people who aren't researching prices/spending all their time watching trade chat. We NEED auction house, it will drive all the "overpriced" mods down to a community agreeable level, its not as if crimson dervishes will become 1plat overnight "oh noes, it will break the game, it's p2w!1!!" say the anti-auction house guys.

Plenty of MMOS manage auction house, i don't see how it will "break" this game. You cant pay2win at something if there is nothing to win at in the first place.

I was trying to buy lex p set last night, nobody was selling it, apart from 2 guys. I guy was pushing me for 150p for a set, i told him hell no. The other guy sold me sicarus p set and lex p set for 50p all together. Guess who was a nicer chap ?

Frak, i wish there would be some easier way track people buying stuff than chat and forums. Like if i click my part x, it would open wtb list, their offer and if they are online. Also tab for willing to sell.  

People wont even buy full lex prime from me for 15 plat and consider boltor prime bluerint more than 8 plat as evil price.  

edit: no, i'm not greedy, but there is plat difference when the buyer clearly wants to buy your stuff to sell for profit.

i mean i could some times sell item for a clearly less if i could mark item "unsellable after trade" so we could get rid of these plat profit spammers. I mean there are people who just need that part and after 50 keys no luck. Cutting 5-10 plat from some items is not much, but selling some stuff for half that is considered fair price, and still getting shouted for ripping them off.

Edited by Agullimux

That's just stupid.

But that's your sense of money and value vs. time which may be different from other folks.

For you it may seem stupid, for someone else it's actually stupid to spend dozens of hours farming for something they can buy for $10.  Yeah... $10 which could be 150p to 400p depending on what price they bought the platinum at.

The goal of my post was to offer a different perspective.  I'm not arguing or trying to convince anyone of anything, etc.

Of course it's a shame someone is overcharging (potentially a newbie?  no one really knows.) for a mod that can be gotten in nightmare missions, which isn't all that useful either, but that's what happens when we're not well informed right?  lol.

I bought Ash for 275p before knowing that I could actually build him when I joined the game early on.  We live and learn.

Edited by sushidubya

Proud of yourself for ripping someone off? Not happy with the platinum...just had to post about it to bloat your own ego? Wasn't there something about being a decent human being in DE's rules for the community in warframe? I have a rather eloquent and in depth discription of you and what I think of you and I would LOVE to post it but I highly doubt you are worth the warning point(s)...

I'm all for getting a deal and the existence of a deal thread, but a "who got the biggest rip off of all time thread" either your moral compass is busted or flamebait...

500p for a maxed Narrow Minded. The guy didn't even say anything, just said "OK" and we traded.

Best Ammo Drum in all of Warframia - come and shop for my wares. Your 500p can purchase an extraordinary  item, Charge Chamber.

Don't be shy Rex, my door is always open for your plat. I'll even toss in an intruder or 2. Free of charge, just add 20p for transaction fees and taxes.

Best Ammo Drum in all of Warframia - come and shop for my wares. Your 500p can purchase an extraordinary  item, Charge Chamber.

Don't be shy Rex, my door is always open for your plat. I'll even toss in an intruder or 2. Free of charge, just add 20p for transaction fees and taxes.

Hey, i can offer better deal than you. I can give rare rank 3 Ammo Drum for 500 Platinum.

Is OP a $&*^? F*** the hell yes. Is he a scammer? Absolutely not.

I really don't care either way if his morals are jacked up; a certain amount of deviance from social acceptability is common, especially on the internet. However, this is a recurring problem and it disgusts me that so many people do this. I had a clan member do this to a newly recruited clanmate, and then brag about it over Alliance chat; the guy was pretty much blacklisted from any of the clans in what was then one of the most powerful Alliances, and rightfully so.

I don't see a reason to take pride in this.

Be happy sure. PRide though? Nah.

I always tell my customers the  legitimate price. Even if they offer more, I go "That's way over-priced."

Merely cause I don't want that crap storm to happen to me one day.