Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Obron Worth The Trouble?

DALOS

Question

24 answers to this question

Oberon still gets so much flak since his release. Oberon is purely situational currently. He's a VERY good frame to go after if you can find the parts for him. I haven't played him in months, but I still do occasionally enjoy an offensive alternative to trinity.

He's getting a buff soon, and it may turn him from low-mid lvl killer to a really good frame. That alone is a reason that makes him worth crafting.

Right now he's best used for farming low lvl content, Reckoning with wide range can clear out entire rooms for 25 energy with the right setup.

Don't expect anything fancy till he's buffed.

I have recently dumped 3 forma on my Oberon so here are my thought on him.

He is a decent mid level frame that can effortlessly clear the whole star chart by himself. He can also do T4 survival and other T4 stuff. But, but. Here's the kicker. He needs good multi forma weapons if he is to contribute to the team.

His powers start to become next to useless when enemies hit level 60 and the heavy gunners + leader units come out enmasse.

When this happens, ignore your power usage totally and focus on gun play.

Otherwise, he is a decent frame but he is unable to heal fast enough, deal enough damage or CC long enough in high level content.

My two cents.

Edit : just want to add that he has an impending massive buff incoming so it may be wise to level him up and forma away his V polarity aura slot to - to prepare for his balance changes. If you feel like putting more forma into him, an additional D and - forma is also advisable since he will be a duration and range based frame.

Edited by (PS4)friedricetheman

Right now the proposed changes give him an effective niche in endgame content - HG blocking procs. This will (ideally) prevent magnetic debuffs from enemy leaders, which are currently one of the toughest challenges for late game survivals.

Renewal looks like it might be more effective to use (specifics on the mechanism could make it awkward). Reckoning providing a radial blind as well as guaranteed Rad proc will make it like some sort of hybrid baby of Chaos and RB, for a higher energy cost. Wont be effective for constant CC, but will work well on occasion or for emergencies. 

Smite changes are exciting, but basically make it into a single target version of Reckoning. Probably the ability I'll be dropping (although from playing Nekros I appreciate how helpful a targeted knockdown can be).

Edit: Building him is going to drive me nuts. You need duration and range to keep HG up, but minimal energy costs to sustain.

Right now I'm thinking something like http://goo.gl/YLEbpq, maybe drop Flow for Stretch or Constitution.

Edited by Darzk

He's certainly my least favorite frame.  All three of his damage skills don't scale well and renewal still doesn't travel fast enough (even after the buff).  He was suppose to be an offensive Trinity.  Not...even...close.

Natural Talent will speed up those heal orbs.

Ready for the Buff.

Here is my 2 Forma build because I love Oberon.

A more powerful build.  Would like to make Equilibrium R9 instead of R7 and possibly max out Vitality. NOTE: Blind Rage is at R7 to keep Reckoning at 50 Energy.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Oberon/t_30_12033120012_2-7-7-3-10-5-4-8-5-5-2-5-6-6-5-12-1-7-54-4-7-55-3-5-101-9-3-102-5-3-103-0-3_103-7-12-7-5-9-55-6-54-6-102-5-6-6-2-9-4-9-101-4-3-18_/en/1-0-15/21600/0

Little bit more of a spam build, because I love cheap powers.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Oberon/t_30_12033120012_2-7-7-3-10-5-4-8-5-5-2-4-6-1-5-7-6-5-54-4-7-55-3-4-101-9-3-102-5-3-103-0-3_103-7-6-6-5-8-55-5-54-6-102-5-7-11-2-9-4-9-101-4-3-18_/en/1-0-15/21605/0

One last thing, Hallowed Ground is there for when it gets buffed and even if Smite does gets a buff...I wouldn't use it.

Edited by (PS4)Joshuaalt

I did some inventory cleanup yesterday and sold non tradeable duplicate blueprints that I had in my inventory.

I sold between 15 and 19 of each oberon part BP, and I just came back to the game a few weeks ago after stopping for a year or so.

I remember a void t3 def where we looted a full oberon set. On average, I'd say that we drop 3 parts every 5 runs.

Drop rate may be different according on mob level (I don't know how that part works), but it DEFINITELY drops from Eximi 

WHERE!?!

Everyone keeps saying eximus drop him...but I've only gotten 2 parts after killing hundreds of eximus. is it a certain level range?

They are right, any eximus on any level drop them. Just keep trying or don't try looking for it, the good thing about Oberon parts is you can get it in any mission you do. So just do missions and the parts will come to you eventually.

If your a low mastery rank, I would suggest getting him.  With the right build hes a good frame to use for defense missions.  Get all you can get to get the higher rank equipment as well.  Each frame and weapon has an impact on how you win or lose a mission.  

My suggestion is watch some youtube videos on him and decide for your self.