Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overall How Satisfied With Ordis Are You?

Bukethead

Believe it or not, some people do enjoy him. Not everyone has the same tastes.

I would believe that those people haven't spent enough time in the Liset, for the gimmick to wear thin.

OR just have some part of their brain that thinks that constant audio repetition is not torture. I envy them.

I would believe that those people haven't spent enough time in the Liset, for the gimmick to wear thin.

OR just have some part of their brain that thinks that constant audio repetition is not torture. I envy them.

I think most of us are just desensitised to constant audio repitition with the old lotus lines. Her new audio can't come fast enough. ;p

Satisfied? No. As far as Ordis goes, i'm not (yet) tired of his lines that are actually reactions to things; such as items ready in the foundry, received messages and such. I actually sort of like these so far.

But his constantly repeated lines he spouts when just idle? I'm literally at loss for words at how frustrated and unhappy i am with them. I want them to go away, to just stop and never come back.

I wish I could copy pasta ordis onto one of my sentinels to give it more personality than a floating shotgun.

Be careful what you wished for...

Then again, it could be interesting "...oh, operator, the enemies are shooting at us... what do you want me to do, operator?" with Ordis' accent, too. LOL

I love ordis, if you dont like him, grab a skana, cut out your nav terminal, and throw it out of the window. :3

with the lack of air you wont hear him, and with out the terminal you can relax and play with your kubrow.

I love Ordis and I miss him.  Since the last update I haven't heard a peep from him, and I assumed that they just muted him since so many people complained.  The only think I'd change is to have him not talk quite so often.

His voice actor to me sounds like the same guy who did Sand in Neverwinter Nights 2, and that character was a crush of mine.  :)

Edited by Acanthaceae

I love Ordis and I miss him.  Since the last update I haven't heard a peep from him, and I assumed that they just muted him since so many people complained.  The only think I'd change is to have him not talk quite so often.

His voice actor to me sounds like the same guy who did Sand in Neverwinter Nights 2, and that character was a crush of mine.  :)

Unless the last update was yesterday, I think that may be a problem with your game (problem, more like blessing) rather than the devs muting him. he won't shut up on my client and I have the latest version.

Edited by Bukethead

I don't find him too intrusive at all on the PS4. But I do see many of your points about the randomness not contributing anything to the narrative. Maybe if he was moved to a more interactive role, removing the random outbursts.

Example: He only speaks when you interact with something on the ship. You activate the mod-workbench and he says, "And what will we be modifying today." Stuff like that.

Or: Ordis can be interacted with via a console on the ship (maybe they can use the radio console. No one seems to be complaining about the constant chatter coming from that thing).

Some sort of interactivity with the character would be helpful to ease the irritation some players are feeling. Right now, he doesn't feel like he has a relationship with the player. He just talks at you. I WILL say that his voice-over is really good. His voice is the most convincing so far. Hope that element of the game continues to grow.

I'd actually like Ordis lot more if it was context related than just "lol randum".

Another thing what should be available for Ordis, is customization, for example, male or female voice, ability to actually fix malfunctioning AI, or replace it like Darvo suggested.

Ordis is a tool, and I don't want tool to be screaming at me unless I order so.

I like the concept of a ship AI, but the execution is not so great. His only useful feature is alerting you to stuff happening on your ship (well except for when alerts pop up, that job goes to Lotus for whatever reason). His random lines add nothing to the experience and in fact it tends to derail my train of thought.

sometimes I think DE just tried to mimic some of the more iconic AIs without thinking why they're so iconic in the first place

I wish Ordis had more dialogues. 

He keeps looping only 2 or 3 phrases and it gets tiresome. 

Now if he had like a whole library to choose from with respect to the current situation in you are in, let's say you failed a mission, I'd like to hear him say something along the lines of "Operator! Are you alright? We got out as fast as we could. I hope you ~Died* ~Bzzt returned unharmed."

Well i would have prefered a female ordis, since for some reason female voices do not appear to be annoying to me at all. The problem with that would be, that DE would have to make a whole new set of voice-recordings and i could understand, that this would take time.

In all honesty though- i really would like a female ordis but i guess that is just me.

Edited by Megakruemel

In an upcoming update there will be an Ordis volume slider.

It would be cool if Ordis had more contextual dialogue... like if it only said things while you stayed in a particular section, tied to that section, if you were idle for a while. Instead it just keeps speaking randomly and it doesn't sound intelligent at all. Some examples that might be cool:

A. Player by incubator with an egg: Operator, will you incubate another -vile filthy beast- companion? Am I not enough?

B. Player by incubator, no egg, maturing kubrow: Operator, it is growing quite nicely -ERADICATE-, will you make more?

Just some silly examples, lol.