Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overall How Satisfied With Ordis Are You?

Bukethead

okay.. so i just had to post about all of the people comparing ordis to other video game ai.. 

THERE FREAKING VIDEO GAMES WITH A FULL STORYLINE! are you seriously going to compare an ai in a game where there personality's are developed over the span of a WHOLE game or even 2!? or 3 even?!!?!? 

ordis has just come out not even a full content update ago.. obviously they have way more plans for him so in another year when were at update 30 or so you can come back to this topic..

Well i would have prefered a female ordis, since for some reason female voices do not appear to be annoying to me at all. The problem with that would be, that DE would have to make a whole new set of voice-recordings and i could understand, that this would take time.

In all honesty though- i really would like a female ordis but i guess that is just me.

maybe when we get a new cephalon model in the future to replace Ordis we might get new voices.

It's a nice AI, but you know what would be awesome? the ability to use voice commands on the ship...

for example:

Player:"Open foundry" Ordis: "as you wish operator."

Player:"Equip Loki Prime" Ordis: "as you -do it yourself!- wish, operator."

or something like that... not sure if there's someone out there who likes the idea, but at least for me would make the game more dynamic.

- diversity:

more lines, different voice modifiers (deeper voice, higher pitch, female voice pack, ability to swap to a non-glitched AI (male or female), etc etc)

- volume slider

- relevance;

I don't need to be reminded of how little view I have when I'm looking at my mod section

I like the idea of Ordis, but only during the prologue his dialogue is refreshing and not rehashed all the time.

I actually like the idea of Ordis. However, I do wish that he had a broader dialogue. As well I wish that you could select his Voice. No affense DE but I would have preferred a female AI to my ship.  An as he states he needs maintenance any chance of that happening anytime soon. As in a quest maybe. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

I have to admit that the Ordis clips can be funny one or two times.  So within an hour of him being implemented and five minutes whenever anything new is added, it gets old.  Simply put, you can not put a repetitive sound bite in any game that is played for more then an hour.

Simply put, Ordis was not a particularly great idea.  I would rather the warframes have personalities before you add yet another pos that has more emotion then we have.  Though Ordis can be forgive because he doesn't even have a personality.  I know that my broken tape recorder that replays the same clip every hour certainly doesn't have any personality.

If he was part of a fulfilling story, or had some evolution over time, or some alternative like another character or switching options dependent on location then maybe it would work out.  The problem is that he is just repetitive blurbs and pretty much no useful statements ever.  He just isn't an addition of anything other then another voice actor and near harassment with the crap that you add in on him.

If he was part of a fulfilling story, or had some evolution over time, or some alternative like another character or switching options dependent on location then maybe it would work out.  The problem is that he is just repetitive blurbs and pretty much no useful statements ever.  He just isn't an addition of anything other then another voice actor and near harassment with the crap that you add in on him.

You know what could work?

If he had personality during QUESTS, but otherwise was just limited to neutral notifications about new mail and whatnot. No stupid comments. I could get behind that.

Edited by Shifted