Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Darvo In Hiding? Or Is Another Faction Emerging?

Archistopheles

If you haven't heard of the new event yet, boop on over to the front page. Who is this new associate? It sounds like Darvo to me...

A message from a Mystery Associate:

Tenno,

I do hope you will forgive my concealed identity but dealing in these unsavoury circles demands unusual discretion.

I’m such a big fan of the Tenno, you’ve accomplished so much and with such rudimentary equipment. That’s why I’m concerned about the coming Balor Fomorians. I think we both know your Warframes are simply not sophisticated enough to stop them.

But I can help you... for a price.

You see, I have an appetite for the rare and extraordinary and I’ve recently learned of a fine substance known as Cryotic. If you are willing, I will supply the necessary equipment and coordinates for its extraction. In return, I will enlighten you with what I know about technology that could defeat this Balor threat.

To sweeten the deal I am even willing award bonuses to those of you who exhibit outstanding performance.

I must say, some of you display the inklings of good taste, if our partnership is a success perhaps we will get to know each other better.

Regards,

Your New Associate

In regards to the new Cryotic Resource:

Cryotic

Having temperatures below 0 degrees. Non-cryotic areas have temperatures above freezing point.

In regards to "Balor" Fomorian

Balor is said to be the son of Buarainech and husband of Cethlenn. Balor is described as a giant with an eye in the middle of his forehead. This eye wreaks destruction when opened. The Cath Maige Tuired calls it a "destructive" and "poisonous" eye that no army can withstand, and says that it takes four men to lift the eyelid. In later folklore it is described as follows: "It was always covered with seven cloaks to keep it cool. He took the cloaks off one by one. At the first, ferns began to wither. At the second, grass began to redden. At the third, wood and trees began to heat up. At the fourth, smoke came out of wood and trees. At the fifth, everything got red hot. At the sixth...... At the seventh, the whole land caught fire".

Sounds like a Death Star style fire-based weapon? Maybe one capable of melting a whole planet worth of ice and creating underwater Grineer bases? MAYBE?

SargasRuk2.png Another example of a cyclops Grineer with fire as a theme

Image of a Balor Fomorian Ship?

0690f9863103fccfc7da746eb9b69f29e3f05c0b

Edited by Archistopheles

My grip is that there's very little difference between the speech pattern of NPCs. Cantis speaks pretty much exactly like Lotus; this new associate (most likely Derf) speaks pretty much just like Darvo. The vibe they give is the same, and I find this a weakness in narration.

Darvo's pretty open about his association with us. He also seems to see us more as partners than someone worthy of "fandom."

I think It's Derf Anyo. We know from a few devstreams ago that at the very least, they have concept art for him and that he might be involved in the revamped Nef Anyo fight. The mystery guy's comments would fit more with Derf's supposed personality than Darvo's known personality.

Edit: VVVVV That's what I mean when I talk about his comments. Thanks, Snake.

Edited by Archeyef

Cryotic has also been named as the newest resource. It seems to have no real world meaning, so I'm going to guess it's going to have some supernatural coldness properties akin to Bobby Bushay's magical glacial water that always stays cold.

And then the new weapons will use Argon Crystal, Oxium and Cryotic altogether. :|

I don't think its darvo whoever it is sounds like a bit of a snob and darvo has never given that impression before.

Balor is described as a giant with an eye in the middle of his forehead. This eye wreaks destruction when opened

Well that explains the giant red eye on the fomorian in the archwing trailer.