Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Want Kills With Nova? Sucks To Be You.

-GM-Cha_Dude-

The problem is that the people gaining from it are not the people playing the frame being altered. Imagine if everytime you shot an enemy to death another player got credit for it.  More people would benefit from that (everyone but you), but that would not make it fair nor balanced.

Apparently youre entirely wrong but theres no way to get you to admit that so carry on

The problem is that the people gaining from it are not the people playing the frame being altered. Imagine if everytime you shot an enemy to death another player got credit for it.  More people would benefit from that (everyone but you), but that would not make it fair nor balanced.

How is that different than any other support ability? I like working for my kills and seeing a big number, but it's hard for me to not see mprime in the same vein as Sonar, Stomp, Radial*, or any other mass debuff. 

shouldnt matter as long as stuff dies, its a team game so personally i dont care who gets credit, credit isnt worth a thing anyways, what counts is clearing waves, killing enemys, completing objectives and general team survival.

Edited by Methanoid

I cant help but get a chuckle at people getting upset over this. I really laughed at the person who said they wouldnt use mol prime anymore. When I play Nova I use Null Star a lot too. This may be hard to believe, but that power kills thing too. So do the all the weapons we carry in game.

If anything this is an awesome fix that helps spread xp around as it is earned and not hoarded by someone who does nothing but hit their 4 button.

I cant help but get a chuckle at people getting upset over this. I really laughed at the person who said they wouldnt use mol prime anymore. When I play Nova I use Null Star a lot too. This may be hard to believe, but that power kills thing too. So do the all the weapons we carry in game.

If anything this is an awesome fix that helps spread xp around as it is earned and not hoarded by someone who does nothing but hit their 4 button.

What about Rhinos that can kill everything in a small country just by using stomp?

Actually, everyone gains from this. The experience change based on weapon used effects everyone who sets off the chain.

A Nova sets off the chain, her exp goes to the weapon used, not the frame, a much better source for it considering how many weapons there are to level as compared to the one Nova.

The only thing really lost is a statistic on the end mission screen.  

Luke, remember all of the Nova (brakk/soma/penta/etc) players back in the day telling the forums

"Stop whining...it's a co-op game, we don't use [iNSERT_OP_ITEM HERE] for kill stats. Numbers don't matter. We're on the same team."

Guess they're all gone huh?

Kill challenges give you a massive XP bonus.

30 kills isn't that hard to accomplish without Molecular Prime. 

Which is a randomly assigned challenge too. And the only one that would actually be hindered in any way for Nova. Although she still would have -setting off the chain herself, two guns, a melee weapon, AMD, and Null Star in order to complete that challenge. Which is more than enough. 

30 kills isn't that hard to accomplish without Molecular Prime. 

Which is a randomly assigned challenge too. And the only one that would actually be hindered in any way for Nova. Although she still would have -setting off the chain herself, two guns, a melee weapon, AMD, and Null Star in order to complete that challenge. Which is more than enough. 

This. If we're talking Kappa (and why wouldn't we be, it's Nova), there's enough mobs for everyone to get 60 kills each, nevermind 30. If you're seriously not managing that, then... well, do better. I've done several Kappa runs myself both before and after the explosion bugfix, and the result screen each time has posted very even results between me and most of the other players. Kill challenges are not hard to manage, and the total exp everyone gets by mission end is even better than before (since now it's heading to weapons instead of your already level 30 Nova).