Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Want Kills With Nova? Sucks To Be You.

-GM-Cha_Dude-

First of all...

THAT IS AWESOME!

More evenly spread XP is nice, and I like the change!

But unfortunately I have agree that it shouldn't work this way.

Let's assume that MP just deals its explosive damage as soon as someone presses the action key (X by default) on an enemy, and not when the enemy dies.

Who should get the kill credit in this scenario?

Nova because she spent the time, energy, and resources to set this whole thing up? or Excalibur because he pressed X?

Think about it...

If you ask me, the other player should get credit for the guy they kill (even with Nova's damage debuff because that how debuffs work), and Nova should get credit for the guys that are killed by the after blast. (because her spell (delayed as it is) is the thing dealing the kill blow on them)

That said, YAY!!! this exploity feeling change will help me level stuff FAST!!! :D

So nobody should even think about touching it! D:<

Edited by Trenggiling

nobody here knows how XP sharing works in this game.

If another player kills something and you are within like 20 something meters of them, you recieve the full xp, but it is divided as a 1/4th to all of your equipment. When a player wants to rank something up, it is drasitically slowed by a nova using M Prime, effectively halving their XP gain from the normal 50/50 between warframe and weapon used to kill.

All this does is change it so that if a player sets off a chain reaction, the XP gain for him would be like if he killed them. Everyone is still getting xp via shared xp, its just the chain starter has it applied differently.

AFAIK, the nova still receives kill credit if you really care about it tho

Edited by Cwierz

Try to see it from someone who is playing nova, what are their ways to get kills now? Her other abilities can't come close to her 4. I'm not saying the xp sharing was an ideal system before, but this certainly isn't the right thing to do.

Guns.

Antimatter Drop.

Guns + Antimatter Drop + Molecular Prime.

She's still able to kill as easily as she could before.

i really like this change because now i can use nova more

why ? people wont be annoyed by you destroying everything because now they can take credit for the kill while i crowd control and damage buff

its turned nova into more of utility frame this is a excellent thing because utility > damage in warframe yet you still do give the damage buff ofc you just dont get credit for it 

its made nova a better team player and people can embrace her more when they see her in squad 

besides if u play with maxed out gear who cares about XP

Edited by HAYABU5A

nobody here knows how XP sharing works in this game.

If another player kills something and you are within like 20 something meters of them, you recieve the full xp, but it is divided as a 1/4th to all of your equipment. When a player wants to rank something up, it is drasitically slowed by a nova using M Prime, effectively halving their XP gain from the normal 50/50 between warframe and weapon used to kill.

All this does is change it so that if a player sets of a chain reaction, the XP gain for him would be like if he killed them. Everyone is still getting xp via shared xp, its just the chain starter has it applied differently.

AFAIK, the nova still receives kill credit if you really care about it tho

You're wrong about a lot of what you just said. Most of us who were debating in the beginning of the thread know exactly how xp sharing works. Also, If you had read, DE stated that the kill credit goes to the person who starts the explosion chain, hence the entire point of making this thread. 

In the example it gives in the changes to mprime it states that the player who starts the explosion will recieve the kills. (not that kills should even matter in a co op game)

But as to this change i think it is awesome as well

+1 to you DE.... +1

Ah thank you for correcting me then.

I see no reason even a nova player would not like this change, the biggest problem with Nova is that you don't get any of the XP to your weapons or pets it all goes to your frame now you can level up your other stuff as well. 

i really like this change because now i can use nova more

why ? people wont be annoyed by you destroying everything because now they can take credit for the kill while i crowd control and damage buff

its turned nova into more of utility frame this is a excellent thing because utility > damage in warframe yet you still do give the damage buff ofc you just dont get credit for it 

its made nova a better team player and people can embrace her more when they see her in squad 

besides if u play with maxed out gear who cares about XP

They made Nova better by letting Rhino's get even more kills on the star map?

i dont care about the changes but i hate the fact that the enemys explode 2 seconds after they are dead, no real chain reaction anymore.

That was to improve performance.  It actually increases the chance of enemies getting caught by the explosion if they wander in during the chain reaction so it's really a buff unless all the enemies are running away from each other.

That was to improve performance.  It actually increases the chance of enemies getting caught by the explosion if they wander in during the chain reaction so it's really a buff unless all the enemies are running away from each other.

Are you sure? It feels like a bug in practice, and I don't see it mentioned in the Update notes.

It's probably a bug. DE don't, to my knowledge, have a history of making significant changes to abilities without an official word - even beneficial things like the original Renewal's revive effect and the long freeze of Avalanche gets patched sooner than later.

Are you sure? It feels like a bug in practice, and I don't see it mentioned in the Update notes.

It's probably a bug. DE don't, to my knowledge, have a history of making significant changes to abilities without an official word - even beneficial things like the original Renewal's revive effect and the long freeze of Avalanche gets patched sooner than later.

- Primed explosions are now offset slightly for performance reasons (creating tons of ragdolls in same frame can cause visible hitches).
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/234889-1340-serro-psa/

Ah, okay, I see where you're coming from now. Thing is, we're not talking about that offset. I played Nova extensivly since that Serro update where they changed how Prime works, and the offset was basically a split second after enemy death.

What people are complaining about is enemies talking literally 2/2.5 seconds to explode upon death, which is very unusual. Based on this info you gave me, I'm going to assume that U14.5 has bugged that offset delay.

Yeah, I got some firsthand experience with M. Prime last night on Kappa, and the explosion delay is a few kinds of ridiculous. What I noticed though is that it seems to vary from enemy to enemy. Lancers and Powerfists took FOREVER to explode, effectively only doing so once their bodies had fallen to the ground, while a Latcher I shot blew up instantly since it doesn't really have a death animation.

Ah, okay, I see where you're coming from now. Thing is, we're not talking about that offset. I played Nova extensivly since that Serro update where they changed how Prime works, and the offset was basically a split second after enemy death.

What people are complaining about is enemies talking literally 2/2.5 seconds to explode upon death, which is very unusual. Based on this info you gave me, I'm going to assume that U14.5 has bugged that offset delay.

I see.  I haven't noticed this being a problem, myself.

Yeah, it's strange. It feels like you're playing in heavy lag, except that problem never even occurred in the laggiest of games. Very odd, and it makes M. Prime rather unsatisfying to use when enemies take a couple seconds to poof into magical stardust.

i dont care about the changes but i hate the fact that the enemys explode 2 seconds after they are dead, no real chain reaction anymore.

I am with you man everyone here is *@##&#036;ing about the XP thing and no one cares about the delayed explosions.

Who the f..... cares about XP and Kill Count or whatever, as it is right now it doesn't matter because there is NO DAMN CHAIN REACTION to begin with. Even when you kill your target you need 2 - 3 sec for the enemy to explode while you have killed every other enemy around him and when he finally explodes there is NO POINT !!!