Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Want Kills With Nova? Sucks To Be You.

-GM-Cha_Dude-

What medication are you on? It's a coop game. If you are not here to help other players please find another game.

This isn't helping. This is playing for others. If you want AOE kills/xp for your gun, bring your own AOE, don't leech off of Nova.

If it's such a huge problem for your weapon xp that Nova aoe's, does not the same problem arise when a Rhino or Oberon aoe's everything?

This change is only maybe-good for others gaining XP, but really not important overall.  Kill stats? Who cares, they are far from accurate anyway, 

I still think XP system is broken because you get much more from just leaching than from killing by yourself. 

Example with only a rifle equipped, weapon XP: 

15 waves leaching on Sechura (~100 kills) = ~220k xp

15 waves solo, killing everyhting (~700 kills) = ~150k xp

And keep in mind that Sechura gives you bonus for rifle-kills

And remember going solo reduce the spawn rate a lot.

No this is not responsible for the change in MP. I have played before and after that patch and the change in it was negligible. Now it is impossible to start any chain reactions. MP is just a debuff now :(

Still the best ability in the game by miles, haha.

Just wait for the bug to fixed; no cause for alarm.

Edited by RealPandemonium

This isn't helping. This is playing for others. If you want AOE kills/xp for your gun, bring your own AOE, don't leech off of Nova.

If it's such a huge problem for your weapon xp that Nova aoe's, does not the same problem arise when a Rhino or Oberon aoe's everything?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Experience_Mechanics

if you kill enemies with your skill, your weapon get 0 exp. if your team member kill enemies you get 25% for each of your weapon and your frame. when leveling its often actually its better when other players kill enemies.

The propensity for people to hardline and white knight about something they don't understand is frightening.

This did get a bit out of hand, hence me no longer caring about this thread. I'm glad that it did get some publicity though and that both (all three?) sides were voiced and heard. 

This explosion delay is horrible. There are no longer any chain reactions with MP....it is really just a debuff now. The explosions are absolutely useless.

Hey if the debuff went up to 300% I will take it over any explosion !

Edited by fatpig84

Are you dense?  Nova is locked in the casting animation for a significant period of time.  Her team mates are not going to be sitting around waiting for it to end.

She was supposed to be a glass cannon.  Now she is just a liability to the player playing as her. I agree; Nova players that learn about the change will just stop using M.Prime when it should be used as it will only hurt them.

how does this change hurt a nova player? cause there score doesn't look as good? it gives everyone a chance to pop the ability and i have seen how long it takes for her to finish the casting and its not long at all, if there not gonna use an ability because they cant have all the kills for it that's just stupid and they just shoulden't play her.. it still kills everything and helps your team as a whole

Honestly, I see no real problem with it. As a person who likes playing as Nova, I won't see any real change to how it operates. It still slows down the enemies, and it still causes them to take more damage, right? So, it's the same ability. Yes,  the explosion delay is there, but that is either a bug, lag, or an intended feature. I haven't seen anything about that quite yet, so I don't know for sure. But Nova is still the same old Nova, just with less XP and kill count. In a co-op game, those don't really matter. Supporting your other team members is how this is supposed to be played, yeah? So why should I worry about kill score and XP so long as my team can handle the enemies that have been hit by Molecular Prime? Honestly, all this whining about how Nova is useless just reminds me of the glitchers who use Molecular Prime to make everything run at light speed, and just generally care about themselves. Bloody whiners, go eat some cheese while you're at it.

DE's newest change to nova makes it so that whoever starts the explosion chain for molec prime gets credit for every kill even though Nova's the one who does the damage with the ability. 

This is terrible.

DEVS want to give us hard game, difficult to be fun game, but they still didn't nerfed Novas Ultimate skill ,,4''. DEVS LOGIC.

Any hard mission? ok Nova will make it easy, every time press 4.

Slow everything around - what about Frost? he can't? seriously?

800dmg per explosion what? if there are 10 enemies it is 8K dmg OMG! everyframe have around 800-1500dmg so what the hell?

Double damage, now this is just ridiculous! 800dmg per explosion so enemies seriously takes 1600dmg. 10 enemeis=16k dmg EXTREME BALANCED.

Not enough range? add power duration to make even further range : D a whole map explosion in seconds! weeeee!!! NO! STOP ITS NOT FUNNY!!

Slow effect should be nerfed to not slow down that much. Frost is the one who should slow down entire map and freeze near enemeis.

Dmg per explosion should be 200-400

Double damage should be deleted.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

All you cool guys calling this awesome, you really think Nova's that have a clue will bother with MPrime now? Now you'll have a teammember that's basically dead weight. And don't mention Antimatter Drop, it's useless in run-n-gun Warframe.. "Hold on guys, lemme guide this ball here to the floor while no one shoots at it".

I like how you seem to think Novas not having kills logged when someone else starts MP's reaction makes her a "dead weight".

All it means is she doesn't get mad props at the mission finish screen for having a huge amount of kills. Doens't change the ability or its effectiveness. It just makes exp sharing fairer.

Also yes, antimatter drop. Anti mater drop all the way. If your team wont help you shoot it do the work yourself. You barely have to put much into it to make it nuke a room. Nothing changed at all. And if you can't get kills with nova without relying on MP you might need to try practicing with another frame to get used to it.

Its not even a problem. She still works exactly the same.

There really doesn't seem to be much to this apart from people being kind of selfish and not liking the fact exp is shared evenly, which is funny because 9 time out of 10 you probably have maxed gear anyway, or being mad because now the ability to get endless kills with minimal work is taken away. This thread is something else.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Welp, I'm trashing my nova and both arcane helmets of hers because of this. I refuse to use her if all its gonna do is give xp to everybody else except me, no matter what I do. At least Vauban is still perfect!

Everyone gets EXP.  In fact, your Nova will get more useful types of EXP instead of just warframe EXP.  It's actually a buff for you.

I like how you seem to think Novas not having kills logged when someone else starts MP's reaction makes her a "dead weight".

All it means is she doesn't get mad props at the mission finish screen for having a huge amount of kills. Doens't change the ability or its effectiveness. It just makes exp sharing fairer.

Also yes, antimatter drop. Anti mater drop all the way. If your team wont help you shoot it do the work yourself. You barely have to put much into it to make it nuke a room. Nothing changed at all. And if you can't get kills with nova without relying on MP you might need to try practicing with another frame to get used to it.

Its not even a problem. She still works exactly the same.

There really doesn't seem to be much to this apart from people being kind of selfish and not liking the fact exp is shared evenly, which is funny because 9 time out of 10 you probably have maxed gear anyway, or being mad because now the ability to get endless kills with minimal work is taken away. This thread is something else.

In my post I mentioned Novas not bothering with MP, those are the dead weights. And don't worry, I get lots of kills without MP.

Everyone gets EXP.  In fact, your Nova will get more useful types of EXP instead of just warframe EXP.  It's actually a buff for you.

But the one triggering it gets weapon xp in addition to the rest. So someone other then the frame that used the power, is rewarded the most. Makes so much sense. And I'm pretty sure this change wasn't for the Nova's benefit.

But the one triggering it gets weapon xp in addition to the rest. So someone other then the frame that used the power, is rewarded the most. Makes so much sense. And I'm pretty sure this change wasn't for the Nova's benefit.

...But if it works the way you say it does and Nova triggers it she can get weapon exp, as opposed to the useless warframe exp she would get before the change.  Also, i'm not sure that it even gives weapon exp for the chain; it probably gives radial exp for everyone now. I'll test it later.  Either way, though, this is objectively better than it was.

More people gain than lose from this

Actually, everyone gains from this. The experience change based on weapon used effects everyone who sets off the chain.

A Nova sets off the chain, her exp goes to the weapon used, not the frame, a much better source for it considering how many weapons there are to level as compared to the one Nova.

The only thing really lost is a statistic on the end mission screen.  

Experience and kills is really irrelevant as Mprime is so broken and delayed it benefits no one, 

As for the change, on one hand most novas don't care, on the other hand leader boards really do not matter, which is why novas dont care.

The intended change actually is beneficial for guild groups to help level.

The problem is again, Mprime is to bugged to really be used until they fix the 2-10 second explosion delay.