The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Oberon Now Worth It Since Update 14.5?

Monybags33

Well since his buffs, I consider him as a top tier warframe for defense missions along with frost, vauban, nyx, and nova.

Given that a bleed or toxin proc can be a death sentence at higher levels, as well as an energy drain from the Ancient Disrupter, having someone who can make you completely immune to all of it is a game-changer.

For Reckoning, meh. I guess the radiation proc is nice but I'd still prefer a buff in strength or at least range.

I main him, and the only thing I noticed was the buffed armor (it does help for tanking) and that renewal immediately heals like what... 20% of max health to the caster and then it heals over time. Before it would just HoT. Oh and Renewal definitely heals faster. Its cost reduction also helps.

If you still don't understand what I'm saying, let's say I have 400/1085 HP and I use Renewal before buff. It HoT from 400 until 800. Now, after buff it jumps my health immediately to 650 then HoT to 1085. Definitely a useful change.

Personally, I loved the Deer Warframe before, and i love it even more now. (He's not a damn goat, ffs)

Edited by SHIR0B0N

"You just need to know how to play him." Whoever does this needs to stop. Reminds me of league. "My champ never needed help. I was just the one special person that magically figured out how to play him and no one else".

No. The buffs were nice but he still feels underwhelming. I'll need to keep testing. Best thing so far is the carpet on Sechura and increasing bleedout time for teammates.

I'm not really impressed.  

Smite got a great boost.  I'm happy with that.

Hallowed Ground has some subtle meh buffs.  The armor bonus is pretty unimpressive, I think.  Armor doesn't really help out much, and only helps certain frames.  I don't see the squishy frames caring at all.  And 20%?  That's it?  That's a very small number.  I was thinking 200% would be fair.  I'd like to point to Valkyr.  She does a 50% bonus to armor, speeds allies, slows enemies, and you can move instead of staying in a small area.  This is crazy better.

Renewal?  Omg why?!  I've played with it.  It has all the problems it used to have, and now drains you while active!  Why is this better?  I'm honestly confused and shocked at this change.

Reckoning.  Great.  I thought it was great before, and now its even better.  Thanks for that DE.

Overall, I'm happy.  Renewal seems broke now, but all the rest seem better.  I'd like to see a redo on Renewal, and a boost to Hallowed Ground.  But, I'm happy he got some love.  Don't stop now, DE.  Keep that love comming.

Oberon, Hallowed Ground makes you immune to massive annoyances and death sentences like knockdown, bleeding, those bloody toxic ospreys, as well as grapple attacks, burning ect. That alone is a massive game changing Oberon buff. Can't really say more on the topic though, as I don't have access to an Oberon.

I have been using oberon a lot before update 14.5 and I actually like it alot, currently he is one of my top 10 warframes, being a paladin with a huge armor buff and skill buff makes me happy I have oberon now :D

Edit: Oberon is definitely a top tier warframe everyone needs to get, you can go up to an hour in venus survival with my build(and it has no forma :D)

My oberon build: http://goo.gl/VToccw

Edited by 9tailboy

................Meh. He's got some cool stuff going for him now, but no real role to fill. Kind of reminds me of loki. All kinds of neat toys, but if you don't take the time to play around and see what you can do with them, you won't get very far.

Edited by ra9una

Well, still barely made 25 waves solo in ODD.  Ult CC is not reliable and short-lasting,  far worse than Chaos. 

Burst heal portion is nice, you can now spam it to heal to the full hp in short time.

Crapet blocking all grapple and knockdowns is nice in theory, but how often do you need that? In any mission where you move around rolling is faster not to mention cheaper. If it was mobile aura however...  In infested def you sit on high grounds all the time. In void def its the last thing you care about.  This skill still need something more to be worth equipping over others mods that boost stats. 

Hallowed Ground is now a safesone, which protects you from not only procs, but knockdowns (grapples included) and disruptor auras.

And again we have protection IF we bring a certain frame with us. Otherwise they do things they shouldn't be capable of. Taking my energy just by being near me? What's next? Taking my credits and platinum?

Poison attacks are OP as they are (taking 200 health in one go isn't particularly nice in a game where we have shields) and we even have stuff that takes away energy and when parasites come in rows casters are useless. What of Nova and Vauban there? They are squishy as hell without casting. Half of the frame cannot be used and even the other half is only good so far. I know DE wanted to make infested stronger since they were the "easy to farm" enemy but this was serious overkill. It's like they don't play their own game (or are masochists... latter one would actually explain why they do things like this so essentially the whining won't stop).

Renewal should be a simple toggled ability, no time limit at all, just your energy reserves (also the speed in which it reaches allies is better now but I'm not sure there is a need for those flying projectiles at all - a simple green wave like in case of healing ancients would be a sufficient effect). Give it a range all I care (huge one though, at least 80) but duration mods should affect the time between ticks instead. If you take a long duration renewal, the ticks are spread out, your hps is lower but so is your expended energy per second. On the other hand you can set yourself up with a renewal that's eating energy like crazy but teammates are healed so fast that the infested won't be able to pull their teeth out...