Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Wraith Vs Latron Prime

--Puro--

Does it really matter?

My Latron Prime is 4 Forma and built for status. There is no reason to waste forma on the Wraith which is crit burst on a DMR weapon. Sure if we were talking about a Soma I would understand but given the niche Latron is in it seems to me the prime serves the purpose better. That being said you could build the wraith as mowdown weapon and have all the fun in the world. At the end of the day build whichever you like or both. No one can play for you and tell you what you will enjoy. 

Wraith, hands down. 

15% crit chance as compared to 25% ruins any hope the prime can beat it. 

Latron Prime has 29 more damage.

You'll feel this later on by a lot.

Latron Wraith has the DPS, but Latron Prime the damage per shot and is thus more useful on higher levels.

Forget what I said. Latron Wraith sh**s on the Prime.

http://goo.gl/qNqJt1    - Latron Prime

http://goo.gl/VS61CB  - Latron Wraith

(build is just an example)

GJ DE for making the Latron Prime suck.

Edited by Grulos

IMO they are both godly weapons when modified correctly and even though I have 5-6 forma on Latron Prime the potential of the Wraith with its high crit chance and higher fire rate is enticing to say the least and I think it very likely that I will happily use another 5-6 formas to get the Wraith to the same level as my Prime.

All I can think of every time I bring Wraith to a mission or swap out and try a different mod on it is "Oh I can't wait to see what this thing will be capable of once it's really set up properly."

Edited by Ralsk

• 1 month later...

Another note to make, while Latron Prime bests the Latron Wraith in terms of proc chance per shot, if you utilize the Latron Wraith's fire rate, it will actually have a higher proc chance per second. If you're aiming for headshots (where shots matter more than fire rate) then the Latron Prime will probably be better for status procs, while if your style is more suited to pumping enemies full of lead as quickly as possible, the Latron Wraith will probably win.

If you use Heavy Cal, basically, then the Latron Wraith is probably the better proc weapon.

Higher fire rate means more recoil. Means crappy Accuracy. It's a frieking mid-long range sniper for god sacks. Your not trying to spam body shots, your trying to spam head shots.

i like both. not as much as i could because i don't like Hitscan.

as for raw numbers, LatronW is 'more Deeps' than. LatronP. very likely soley due to the RoF.

they're basically both just as capable, so choose the one that feels better in your hands.

both are exceptionally viable. they are complete sidegrades of each other.

in other words they're balanced. unlike so much of what there is in Warframe, there's a little pocket of balance here.

Edit:

oh, holy necro, batman.

Edited by taiiat

Epic necro.

In any case, DPS figures don't really tell you all the jazz except ingame.

Ingame a Latron Prime crit will always hit harder than a Latron Wraith crit.

If it crits of course, but LW compensates this with more consistent crits and better ROF.

However LP can apply status a little better as well.

Either way both guns are good, you won't really miss out on the other.

And the fact they will both retain their 1 head shot kill potential for quite a while keeps them in play for a long time.

Edited by fatpig84

I like my wraith, never got a prime cause I'd already got wraith before considering it, free potato, fire rate, and crit are all the things I'd look for anyways. So latron prime isn't even on my radar for building any time soon.

Just wish Wraith wasn't stuck in colors, even if that's the way it goes.