The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seriously, Autoformatting Is Cancer, And Yet We're Expected To Use It.

taiiat

2 - By default it will NOT block just the file.  It will want to block the whole folder.  You gotta' click the top option in the permutations of blockable styles in order to block JUST that file and not the whole folder of scripts.

6QcxjSf.png

my filters (which you can see are disabled currently since it doesn't seem to be working) are for exact files.

i've tried each one individually (with the one located in style_css proving only to be the visual features for the Editor, so that one doesn't really matter), and mixing them together.

blocking the fancy Editor in any combination seems to cause that error without... error. (haha, i made funny. :| )

Edited by taiiat

What version of which browser, which plugin?

Chromium 39.0.2100.0

Ad Block Plus. i could do it with other Plugins as well i guess but blocking files would be a really simple easy answer, and i could then stick my tongue out knowing that i've disabled the cancer that the Forum Staff insist that we all should be forced to use.

Chromium 39.0.2100.0

Ad Block Plus. i could do it with other Plugins as well i guess but blocking files would be a really simple easy answer, and i could then stick my tongue out knowing that i've disabled the cancer that the Forum Staff insist that we all should be forced to use.

Chrome just updated to version 40.x for me after I posted that, and this setup is working for me.

9GAUVQg.png

890opLs.png

Chrome just updated to version 40.x for me after I posted that, and this setup is working for me.

out of principle i'll surely update as i usually do.

however, the important part, what happens when you hit post? it returns an error upon sending, i read it fine.

taiiat, on 02 Feb 2015 - 11:33 PM, said:

however, the important part, what happens when you hit post? it returns an error upon sending, i read it fine.

... oh.

Uh. This may require a userscript, which is beyond my field of expertise.

EDIT: Nope, I was able to post this message fine in Chrome with the stuff blocked, but I have to use the full reply pages, none of the quick-post or quick-edit things work properly.

Edited by Rydian

EDIT: Nope, I was able to post this message fine in Chrome with the stuff blocked, but I have to use the full reply pages, none of the quick-post or quick-edit things work properly.

hmm.

i could probably live with that, i didn't try full replies. i can do advanced on Edits too, so i guess that circumvents.

Edit:

>:c

i can't click Cancel or Advanced Mode when i have that file blocked.

sigh.

Edit2:

hmmm.

Edited by taiiat

... oh.

Uh. This may require a userscript, which is beyond my field of expertise.

Well, that seems to be a reasonable tradeoff.

hmm.

i could probably live with that, i didn't try full replies. i can do advanced on Edits too, so i guess that circumvents.

Edit:

>:c

i can't click Cancel or Advanced Mode when i have that file blocked.

sigh.

You can CTRL+Click or middle click on quote or reply buttons to open them in their own full window.

Yeah and the non-breaking spaces inserted before and after quotes are a little weird too.

defnitely some odd stuff.

like Bolding, Underlining, Et Cetera doesn't seem to work now unless it's inside a quote.

*groans* even the backend is expecting Autoformatting since it's the only option enabled.

but hey, i can finally Edit in Quotes and other s... you should be able to do without frustration.

so i don't need to double post all the time because autoformatting wants to cockblock me.

• 4 weeks later...

Do I need to make another gif showing how frustrating the forum reply boxes are to deal with?

'Cause I'll post a gif every time this falls off the first page until it's fixed or we at least get any response at all for a thread started last August.

For some reason DE doesn't use a broad range of IP.Board's functions.  Not sure why, they only recently enabled the mobile version, which IP.Board has supported for years.

Edited by Gelkor

For some reason DE doesn't use a broad range of IP.Board's functions.  Not sure why, they only recently enabled the mobile version, which IP.Board has supported for years.

I bet the answer is "they don't have a forum guy on their team".

Please god no signatures. Or at least, let us turn them off if they must exist.

Nobody in this thread said a single word about signatures. All we want is a proper source editor that we can use instead of this buggy WYSIWYG abomination we currently have to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like a working option to use the full version on mobile devices under account settings. There is a chrome option for it but it doesnt work well, and only per page.

Also the mobile version lacks to much functionality.

Can't +1, can't quote, can't see post count and i believe the (bb?) codes don't work as wel, also since its instalment the full version is buggy on mobile.

Nobody in this thread said a single word about signatures. All we want is a proper source editor that we can use instead of this buggy WYSIWYG abomination we currently have to deal with.

i wish we had forum sigs :(

emoticons??

custom avatars like the com-mods ~ devs

we need more freedom!

Thanks for playing.