Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Do This?

xkillo32

So i'm leveling up my kronen on one of the dark sector defenses that gives bonus melee exp and I join a squad where they are all using their primaries...

I asked them why they were using primaries and they said they were farming neurodes.

Then I asked them why they were doing it in this mission, and they said that it was this or Earth.

Then I said why didn't you go to the dark sector defense with primary bonus exp...

And they were like whats the difference...

Well, they're farming, dark sectors have higher drop chances, they probably have most of their weapons maxed and care nothing about leveling another secondary or they may be just leveling it without even using it, plus you're still getting your affinity so... why should people not do this?

Well, in a sort of screwy way it's atleast better than them being hallway "heroes", running off so far that you cannot gain a single point of affinity (Affinity they often do not need with maxed out gear) as you stay by the pod to defend it from any stragglers because they're too busy farming to think of the objective.

Well, they're farming, dark sectors have higher drop chances, they probably have most of their weapons maxed and care nothing about leveling another secondary or they may be just leveling it without even using it, plus you're still getting your affinity so... why should people not do this?

cause if they don't use melee, it doesn't give me exp on my melee

plus there was a mirage with attica+thunderbolt

did you even read this part?

Then I said why didn't you go to the dark sector defense with primary bonus exp...

Edited by xkillo32

So i'm leveling up my kronen on one of the dark sector defenses that gives bonus melee exp and I join a squad where they are all using their primaries...

I asked them why they were using primaries and they said they were farming neurodes.

Then I asked them why they were doing it in this mission, and they said that it was this or Earth.

So am I the only that thought they didn't know the difference between primary weapons & melee? 

According to what he's saying, if you like to screw people out of xp, then yes, you are ignorant or selfish.

Ah, sounded more like he is calling me ignorant or selfish for farming for XP. Then again he still could mean that.

Edited by Rakshal

cause if they don't use melee, it doesn't give me exp on my melee

plus there was a mirage with attica+thunderbolt

did you even read this part?

..... what it totally does give you the xp, its as long as you use whatever the xp bonus is, doesn't matter what other people use.

if its primary and you use that weapon you get bonus xp for it even if everyone else still uses other stuff. where did you get this info.

its never been like that ever.

you get the bonus if your using the weapon that is bonuses, regardless of what your team uses.

so who cares, let them use primary and you use your melee and get your bonus xp either way.

plus dark sector is best for farming resources..

its its main use.

half the time a solid ODD and other missions that you can drag on forever give way more xp and give it to everything.

so either way, you have no reason to be frustrated, you still get your bonus,

the whole team doesn't needs to all use the weapon type for the bonus to have you receive, if you use the weapon that is bonuses for that dark sector,

you get bonus xp for it regardless of what anyone else is doing man.

been that way since this existed so yeah.

your frustration is unfounded.

Argon Crystals are rarer then neurodes,  Sometimes you get lucky and find alot other times they just don't drop.   Bringing a nekros doesn't always help.   As Desecrate still plays on the rng,  and even if you get to search the dead for more loot its not always what you want.   

Though you can get Crystals from the Invasion missions.  Random drop in them, like with Void missions.

People like to screw people out of XP. It is just a fact of Warframe.

true

DSD arent even the most amazing places to level things anyway, just the easiest, but mind numbing. I do cerberus runs to level things, equip nothing but your max weapon(to kill) and whatever you want to level. With boosts i only need 2-3 games to 0-30 it.(0-17,17-25,25-30)

Edited by kiteohatto

Their shared XP to you gives you XP in all of your weapons, not a specific one.

I only play on Akkad (Eris) and Sechura (Pluto) and I use all sorts of weapons. The XP bonus is so insignificant that it doesn't really matter if you use the weapon that gives you the XP bonus. If the bonus wasn't nerfed (the XP bonuses used to be up to 40%) then I would definitely use weapons that give the most XP.

According to what he's saying, if you like to screw people out of xp, then yes, you are ignorant or selfish.

OP is ignorant and selfish too, because he wanted the others to play the game in a way that fits him the best.

If you don´t like to play with randoms then don´t play with them, but don´t come to the forum and complain because they don´t play like you want them to.