The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Having A Rhino In Your Squad Annoy Anyone Else?

(PSN)AishaCtarl

In another topic a guy complain for loki, here for rhino, there for <insertFrameHere>... 

....so, are basically everyone complaining because other people are not playing their own same warframe with their own same playstyle, although apparently having more fun than you?
Then you want ti play an "army of me", easy, problem solved. Play solo, build spectres... 

And at last, all please stop complaining because some one else is having fun while not even vocalizing on the forums their complains about yourself, if you do the developers might even lend you a ear, flattening all the gameplay so that in the future there might not be any noticeable difference from farme to frame or from weapon to weapon, and all will be left is going to be boredom and an empty game with no people left.

Be positive instead, think "i want to be able to play my own favourite warframe and have so much fun as that guy there is having". Try to elaborate your ideas and explain them here on the forums for the benefit of all of us

If it's a rhino built for stomp spam, yes.

the stomp spam doesnt do 1k dmg each time unlike other ult spam builds where for example Saryn does 1,600 dmg with spam build so the Stomp spam is kinda nerfed and cant be done again until it ended or the enemies within the effect r killed

I absolutely hate it when a wild Rhino appears in my squad. Usually they rush ahead of everyone else and wreck everything in sight with little consideration of how much fun their squad is having doing absolutely nothing.

Maybe I'm just picky, but I loathe having rhinos my squads.

Doesn't bother me much, but it does make me laugh a whole lot.  Especially when there is a red diamond on my mini-map more time than I'd like to count.  No disrespect to rhino lovers, but most that use them go down faster than any other warframe (in my experience).  I find it hilarious.

Ok the bottom line is it's not the Warframe that is the problem, it's the player who uses the Warframe, I've experienced A-holes in every single Warframe, they all have the potential to be just as A-hole as another, so to single out one Warframe is silly, to coin a phrase "don't hate the game hate the player".

I'm not sure why you people like posting about this so frequently lol.

I recall mentioning in another one of the exact thread like this, saying I've honestly never cared much to who plays what. But since then when I expressed that, I decided to pay more attention if I do run into a player playing Rhino and see this "rushing" or "noob-tactics" whatever. I'm still going to say I've never seen any issue since starting this game in regards to players being Rhinos. Most of the time if I run into one, alot of the time, they seem to be very good leaders in my squad (it has nothing really to do with the frame itself, but a good handful of players that try to achieve good teamwork and communication have been playing Rhinos). During the past event with the new gametype replacing survival, I was using my Trinity, and there was a Rhino Prime, Frost Prime, and Ember Prime, and the Rhino Prime player specifically made a nice gameplan for all three of us on what to do and such (me staying at the main pod, filling up the machine, while the other three carefully tread through the map going towards the drill locations). This was only my second or third time playing that gametype so I had no idea yet on a good efficient way to last so long in it. But in all he kept the team alive, he made sure to stop by the main pod if possible to make sure I wasn't too overwhelmed, and we ended up getting way more then the required points needed for the event items.

But anyways, beyond that, most Rhino players I've always ran to, were the ones reviving players in any kind of defense mission, typically telling everyone else not to run out there to keep an eye on the pod, never really ran into them "rushing" before, or none of the other complaints the few players have with them. The closest I've seen to a "rusher", was yesterday on the Energy Siphon Spy alert mission, and there was a 1700 something Valkyr with the new Atterax whip, some how zooming across the map that I didn't even know it was possible....You know the slide+melee move so you can get get across the map faster; but everytime this player did it, holy hell, she gotten to ludicrous distances and it was insane. The only reason I could keep up with her was because I was playing Hydroid using Tidal Surge through the map. The other two players couldn't even get close to the halfway-mark so they said they'll just wait since there's no point...which seemed really discouraging honestly...

But anyways getting back on track here, I know it's all about perspective, but I really don't see why the few of you players make a big deal on what players like to play. I personally never really cared, since it's just a videogame, and as long we're all having fun and cooperating, it shouldn't really matter. Hell, I main a Zephyr, which I never see players use, and it really doesn't bother me one bit. Even with the minor Tornado complaint, I never once heard someone asking me to not use it during (for example), high T4 Defense missions, or anything along those lines.

But ehh, I digress, vocal minority I suppose~

I respect Rhino.I only play him for farming Neural Sensors and Orokin Cells.He is nice for boss kills and great for rush through that maps.

I dont like him in T4 S or D in later waves,where i think he is not so useful and another frame could support the team better.

Edited by K0bra

I could care less what warframe people use.  Wait... I think I do care less.  Just want to have fun, complete the mission, and make sure people survive to the end.  If I can't get to you to revive you, sorry.  You can't get to me, oh well.  You play a Rhino? *shrug*  You play a Zephyr?  *shrug*  Last time I checked, we all have the freedom to play whatever warframe we want to.

I've been playing Rhino for the last few days.  Having fun.  Especially with that ruby-colored skin I got.  I don't even play with Rhino much but it is there when I want to or need to.  *shrug*

I just look at the player using the Rhino.  I don't think having a Rhino on the team makes much difference.  (Like I said earlier, it does make me laugh sometimes).  However, I won't hate on people for using Rhinos.  That doesn't make any sense.

I think @op was just posting his/her frustrations with a recent encounter.  It happens.  No need to hate though.  If you do still hate, then oh well.  That's you.  Other's don't hate.  That's them.  One thing I won't say is "you people" this or that, because that is still hate.   I think everyone should take a break from the forums and just play the game.  If the game is getting boring, then take a break form that and go have fun with life some other way.

Heck, after this post.  Some will start hating me. lol  *shrug*

I do feel more scrutinizing towards rhino players.  I like good rhino players and despise bad ones. 

Like just a few days ago I hosted a T4 Defense as a Frost Prime and one of my teammates was a rhino prime.  We went 35 waves.  He ironskinned and spent the whole game standing in one spot aiming ONLY at the enemies that come from the direction of where you load into the mission.  Even when enemies rushed the defense pod practically surrounded him, he still only aimed at the distance.  Not once did he roar, not once did he even stomp.  Even around wave 30 when me and the nova got suddenly downed by an enemy grenade, he did not budge to save us.  Fortunately we respawned and saved the pod from annihilation but not before his iron skin crusted off his lazy &amp;#&#33; and he went down. 

We revived him, and there he stood resuming his spot.  Then at 35 he tells us: Common, we can go longer!

Rhino has one of the most powerful AOE CC and team damage steroid, don't said that he sucks 50+ just because his iron skin is useless.

1. he cannot cast it again until his stomp is over, so it is not spammable, cause level 50 enemies won't die from a stomp

2. radial blind and radial disarm are better

3. He does have a damage steroid, but what rhino builds around a roar build?

theres  only one reason i hate if a wild rhino appair .

and thats cause 9 of 10 rhinos i meet just do one thing.

If you are brainless and you know it -. stomp stomp  :D

and iron skin all de way.

those 2 songs going on and off sadly to see that a rhino support a group isnt casual...

thats the only reason i dont mind about kills.

but if he hallway hero the mission and spam for every F*** stomp as no tomorrow ~.~ and leave the system undefended gosh he should get insta raped by a hammer....

but rhino is just the prime example it all depends on the player behind....

Stopped reading at "you people" ...

That's fine. Not expecting for anyone to read it. There's no obligation.

For future reference, you have no right to complain about this certain subject then honestly. If you can't respect someones thoughts, feelings, and perspective, then don't expect us to.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

1. he cannot cast it again until his stomp is over, so it is not spammable, cause level 50 enemies won't die from a stomp

2. radial blind and radial disarm are better

3. He does have a damage steroid, but what rhino builds around a roar build?

I had a speed/roar rhino build it was mainly for melee only.

Quite frankly I find door hero Nekros more annoying.

At least Rhino can handle himself for a long time, but there are Nekros players who seem to think he's good at survival for a reason other than extra oxygen.

Stomp is really annoying for me cause it screws me up with the sudden floating and slow descent, but that's a me problem.

Nice necro, this thread's been dead for almost a month. Use your eyes and look at the post date, holy S#&$, not that hard. And then you go off and talk trash to someone who was obviously joking around. God, these forums.

What does the date matter? I wasnt here to comment, and thats all that matters to me. Sure he was trying to be cute, which can be in congruence with also thinking Rhino is GG, but I saw no harm in being cute back. Problem?

Apparently you overlooked the fact that only the opening of my comment was even to that poster. The rest of my comment pertained to the general topic.

And what do you mean nice Necro? You think I main any frame? Don't be a noob. I dont believe in "win" frames.

Edited by UrielColtan

And what do you mean nice Necro? You think I main any frame? Don't be a noob. I dont believe in "win" frames.

Nice necro is in reference to the necro of the thread.

When a thread has died and someone posts in it they call it thread necromancy.

Good job calling him a "noob" when you got his meaning completely wrong though.