The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Heard That All The Big Alliances Fix The Dark Sector Fights And Do Favors For Each Other Behind The Scenes To Have Monopolies And High Taxes.

topshrek

Pretty much. It's better then finger pointing and talking about it. All this discussion is bound to be is "Yeah, this is a thing." - "Yeah, it is."

If you want to talk solutions that'd also be a pretty good idea.

I should of been more clear. What counts under this? The current situation really doesn't. I asked on U13 and there was no response by anyone from it. In fact, the only response DE has made in regards to Dark Sectors was the DDOS situation. 

For the most part it's the same accounts deploying consistently along with the few clans that actually do try. Either DE has been super busy and hasn't had the time to address it with a simple statement (doubt it) or maybe it's just that. Maybe DE just wants the player to do it.

DE already has shown us that they dont intend to govern dark sectors like CCP does Eve so I wouldn't use that as an counter point.

If you have any evidence of this happening feel free to pm me it and I will make sure to pass it along in hopes that it will get fixed. Thank you

I kindda feel that DE Dark Sector PVP was introduced so it can gives us fun play and to PROMOTE healthy competition and fair play. Saying they don't care feels wrong. I agree they should not govern DS, but they sure can change the system, mechanics, and rules if it deemed necessary like they did on everything else, what makes DS special?

If the statement above is incorrect, and the intention of Dark Sector is to bring the worst in human nature, DE doesn't need to change a thing.

This is real there is plenty of proof. There is a recording of a certain alliance leader talking about this, convincing some other alliance to join their monopoly club.

Check some of the big alliances conflict history http://deathsnacks.com/wf/index.html figure it out. 

Good thing i dont play Dark Sectors conflicts, or my clan not being part of any Alliance. In general, is there any real benefit from owning rails or fighting over them, except epeen?

Hey, Iv been watch you guys go back and forth. Let me give you Facts. 

400 people 100 teams of 4. and you take the rail down to 0% in 12 hours 

800 people 200 teams of 4. and you take the rail down to 0% in 6 hours 

1600 people 400 teams of 4. and you take the rail down to 0% in 3 hours 

3200 people 800 teams of 4. and you take the rail down to 0% in 1.5 hours 

With help from my friends list and my alliance "ICE." we have taken a rail down in 1 hour.< not a single Alt was used to take any rail we own.

alts don't help win rail fight. real people do.   It easy blow core up. damage Rail health Win Battle..

Now you know what you need. I hope to see you on the battle field. 

Sincerely, RINGSNOW

Edited by RINGSNOW

Rail Block. I can't say names here, but some big alliances block the rails by attacking each other but don't actually try to take the node, put the taxes as high as they want, and give Battle Pay only when other alliances outside of their little club threatens their rails.

What's the point of these insane taxes, having a fortune in the alliance vault, if they are not giving back to the community?

As morally correct as it may seem to return to the community, alliances are under no obligation to do so. The funds to build rails, to support a conflict, etc. all initially came from the alliance themselves. 

Anyone who takes a rail has a right to tax whatever they please, because that's how the rail conflict system works. If enough of the community doesn't like it, it clearly doesn't show, especially since the unpopular alliances continue to stay in control of a rail even though the current rail conflict system gives clear advantages to attackers.

You, me, and other people may not like the fact that certain alliances have put high taxes onto DS nodes, but the only thing we are within our right to do is to persuade people to fight against them in the next conflict, alongside participate in the conflicts ourselves. We have no right to complain because they are within their right to tax and form pacts with other alliances. Giant groups banding together is nothing uncommon in politics. Hell, look at the United Nations.

In other words, alliances are perfectly within their right to tax as they please, as they took the rail. They are also within their right to form pacts with other alliances. As players our only right is to support a rail that you believe will have reasonable taxes, and to take the initiative in challenging controllers by being the first to start a rail conflict.

As morally correct as it may seem to return to the community, alliances are under no obligation to do so. The funds to build rails, to support a conflict, etc. all initially came from the alliance themselves. 

Anyone who takes a rail has a right to tax whatever they please, because that's how the rail conflict system works. If enough of the community doesn't like it, it clearly doesn't show, especially since the unpopular alliances continue to stay in control of a rail even though the current rail conflict system gives clear advantages to attackers.

You, me, and other people may not like the fact that certain alliances have put high taxes onto DS nodes, but the only thing we are within our right to do is to persuade people to fight against them in the next conflict, alongside participate in the conflicts ourselves. We have no right to complain because they are within their right to tax and form pacts with other alliances. Giant groups banding together is nothing uncommon in politics. Hell, look at the United Nations.

In other words, alliances are perfectly within their right to tax as they please, as they took the rail. They are also within their right to form pacts with other alliances. As players our only right is to support a rail that you believe will have reasonable taxes, and to take the initiative in challenging controllers by being the first to start a rail conflict.

This should be sticky-ed (?) or at least be forced to be read before posting anything related to DS. 

Good thing i dont play Dark Sectors conflicts, or my clan not being part of any Alliance. In general, is there any real benefit from owning rails or fighting over them, except epeen?

When proxy wars come out, then yes.

But it only benefits the rail owner.

But as per last check, Proxy Wars is actually even behind Focus on the schedule and Focus is supposed to come out soon™

Because no one is creating 100 alt accounts with random clans to click on rails. 

Because it'd be dumb attacking yourself. For an example, Skit0z was banned for dumping the credits out the vault. But people were happy about that right? So in his case it's just ok? No, it's not. Skit0z had the power to change battle pay, which is intended. Dumping it because you don't like where things are going is not intended. You join the alliance, you are suppose to be helping each other. Dumping the vault is not helping. He was banned. He sent a ticket in, it was explained why he was banned. He was unbanned and he knows better. The next person won't be so lucky.

Skitz is an example of what not to do. Breeding Grounds is an example of what not to do. The DS? No. At least not yet. I do think they should say something about it, but at the same time I feel like they won't because of the exact reason given in the thread. It's up to the players to actually do something. Not talk about it on the forums.

Skitz is an example of what not to do. Breeding Grounds is an example of what not to do. The DS? No. At least not yet. I do think they should say something about it, but at the same time I feel like they won't because of the exact reason given in the thread. It's up to the players to actually do something. Not talk about it on the forums.

How the Hek did I get pulled into this?

Warning, the following will seem disrespectful; but probably has be said

Political shenanigans seem to be allowed, since they aren't a breach of the EULA> If there is unfairness, perhaps we should try and form our own shadow alliances, and hopefully fail miserably so we understand there is no point to getting upset about the control of a small fraction of space in a videogame meant for entertainment.

Getting worked up over this only makes us look foolish, time spent here discussing this non-issue could be spent doing something more constructive or simply grinding in game. 

If the Solar Rail and Dark Sector System itself is as we believe fundamentally flawed, perhaps we could instead provide suggestions for solar rails in feedback, rather than argue amongst ourselves and not achieve anything significant.

It happened on PS4 since the beginning of U13. We had large high tax monopolies that took many to overthrow, only to have the ones helping fight do the same thing.

There is now a great deal of conversation between major alliance leaders, but the content is much different than monopolizing. Talks include lowering taxes, dropping nodes for newer clans/alliances to get a shot, and potential up and coming threats. Having everyone work towards the same goal yet also keep each other in check is very productive for the alliance and especially the community.