The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warning Point

Sekkeisha

Hello fellow Tenno!

I've been haunting these forums for quite some times now, with minor to major interruptions.

I am now starting to get a little bit more active again, but everytime I post something I see this nasty "1 Warning Point" which I got by making a rather stupid joke.

I'm sorry for that. I can't remember if I was on drugs or not (just kidding, I never did drugs), but the moderators obviously didn't like it.

So, now I'm here asking for forgiveness. Is there a way to get that warning point removed?

Thanks for your help.

Narakuvera

Hello fellow Tenno!

I've been haunting these forums for quite some times now, with minor to major interruptions.

I am now starting to get a little bit more active again, but everytime I post something I see this nasty "1 Warning Point" which I got by making a rather stupid joke.

I'm sorry for that. I can't remember if I was on drugs or not (just kidding, I never did drugs), but the moderators obviously didn't like it.

So, now I'm here asking for forgiveness. Is there a way to get that warning point removed?

Thanks for your help.

Narakuvera

You would need to talk to the moderator that gave it to you or DE Rebecca, Megan or Drew and ask them to remove it. 

Since on the moderator FAQ:

A: Warning Points are permanent unless otherwise indicated. Misleading Title warning points are temporary. Any other infraction will leave you with a permanent point. Warning points are only visible to the recipient, so no one else can see them.

You would need to talk to the moderator that gave it to you or DE Rebecca, Megan or Drew and ask them to remove it. 

A: Warning Points are permanent unless otherwise indicated. Misleading Title warning points are temporary. Any other infraction will leave you with a permanent point. Warning points are only visible to the recipient, so no one else can see them.

Drugs are not friends, dont use them!

And as I was given to understand, khm, WARNING POINTS ARE YOURS FOREWAH! WEAR THEM AND REMEMBER YOUR SINS, MORTAL!

Or something like that.

PM the moderator that gave you this warning point. If he'll decide, that it no longer applies and that you were behaving, he'll remove it.

Thank you :) I'm gonna message her then.

Edited by RhSDarkReaver

I got one randomly for a post I can't even find and when I PMed the mod he ignored it, and when I reported it, I got no reply at all.  Sad to say but I think the mods here have free range to warn with no repercussions and that warning point is going to stick.

I got one randomly for a post I can't even find and when I PMed the mod he ignored it, and when I reported it, I got no reply at all.  Sad to say but I think the mods here have free range to warn with no repercussions and that warning point is going to stick.

If that was indeed the case, you have every right to contact a community manager (Rebecca, Megan) or admin (Drew), or submit a Support ticket. Ignoring your PM regarding the warning point is not a nice thing.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/286054-psa-warning-points-20-code-of-conduct/

Nobody reads the rules?

You only get warning points if someone reports you, looks like we got a tattler *loads shotgun*

In all due fairness though, hatin on people is mean, if you keep up some good behaviour though, the mods will most likely remove the point over time'

<3 All the best

Source;  Banframe

I recommend you read through the new thing on warning points that DE Drew put out. Figure out what classification your warning point falls under and how long until it expires (if it hasn't already). Then just PM the mod who gave it to you and ask for its removal (make sure you check to see if that mod is still active, mine wasn't). If that mod is no longer active or if they are ignoring you I recommend PM'ing DE Drew with info on the category of your infraction and the info on how long ago it should have expired. If it hasn't reached its expiration date, I guess you can still PM someone and beg.

Your warning point sounds like it was probably categorized as major, in which case you'll have to beg.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/286054-psa-warning-points-20-code-of-conduct/

You only get warning points if someone reports you, looks like we got a tattler *loads shotgun*

In all due fairness though, hatin on people is mean, if you keep up some good behaviour though, the mods will most likely remove the point over time'

<3 All the best

Source;  Banframe

I don't think this is the case. I went 304 days before my minor infraction warning point was removed (I said 'TL;DR', that counts as spam).

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

If that was indeed the case, you have every right to contact a community manager (Rebecca, Megan) or admin (Drew), or submit a Support ticket. Ignoring your PM regarding the warning point is not a nice thing.

I DID send a support ticket and that got ignored as well.  So like I said, I guess mods can just go about warning people whenever they want with little to no reason.  

Well it could be worse, I've been to forums where some mods abuse their powers left and right and don't get in trouble for it because they kiss up to all the higher ups and then effectively turn the forums into Soviet Forums, so at least here it isn't that bad.

Hey, just wanted you all to know that I saw this thread.  

To Answer a few Questions:

We don't just abuse our right to give warning points, ever.  We have rules that we follow, plain and simple.  I don't enjoy giving warning points, I really, really don't.  I don't think any of the mods "enjoy" it.  Sometimes it is absolutely necessary.  I cannot speak on behalf of DE or Support as far as your support ticket getting ignored/not seen @Beas7ie.  I would imagine they are very backed up from U14 issues that came up for TONS of different people.  If I had to guess, I would say they are just running behind alittle due to the massive amounts of tickets being submitted, I honestly really have no idea though!

On another note, If any of you have messaged me regarding a hidden/moved/merged post/topic or warning point and I did not respond, then I whole heartedly apologize as I always respond to all of my PM's, and it was most definitely a complete oversight.

Just a FYI/Drop in from your friendly Neighborhood.. Moderator?  to let you all know we are listening.  Feedback on moderation is always something that I enjoy reading.

Thanks guys.