Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's The Deal With The Nukor Beam?

AdunSaveMe

While I like the weapon itself and think it's both useful and really satisfying, the effect is a bit much.

This thing is crazy. 

I have to play with bloom turned off just to actually SEE what I'm firing at, and even then it's a little difficult.

Here it is in the 14.5 preview. It's a beam, real neat looking, small enough to see what you're shooting.

i4SlczjoTnRue.gif

Here it is when I got it.

uY3HSbG.jpg

There's three grineer behind that beam. 

Might not look bad in the screenshot, but in real-time gameplay, you can't see anything.

I think it was better before. It might have been similar to other beam weapons, but it looked good. It wasn't blinding.

This kinda looks like something I'd expect to see in Destroy All Humans.

I dunno. Any chance of it being toned down, or even reverted?

Hell I'd go for an optional attachment that changes the beam, that'd be cool too.

Beams aside, I like the gun.

It's pretty rad.

As much as I love this little beast of a weapon, I also find the beam to be really over done.  I would much rather have the beam that we were shown in the preview video for the weapon.  Also if you watch some one fire it from the side it looks like a bubble gun. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

What?! that beam looks like nothing like the beam that comes out of my nukor the one that comes out of my nukor looks like a small concentrated stream of heated air. Maybe an inch thick beam coming out of it and what you see when its really hot outside coming out of the black top.

Am I bugged? I don't get that magical circle things that your screenshot gives out.

Here you go; graphics are at medium and bloom is on.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198106754189/screenshot/40852351194615709

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=309606631

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=309606359

Edited by OverlordMcGeek

What?! that beam looks like nothing like the beam that comes out of my nukor the one that comes out of my nukor looks like a small concentrated stream of heated air. Maybe an inch thick beam coming out of it and what you see when its really hot outside coming out of the black top.

Am I bugged? I don't get that magical circle things that your screenshot gives out.

Seriously? Post pics.

You need to turn your graphics up or post pictures they explained this earlier in the thread brah.

I like the 1950s raygun waves, but they are a bit too... prominent in actual gameplay. I'd like DE to come up with a middle ground that keeps the waves but makes them a little more subtle.

You probably have particle effects on Low.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...