Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why The Hate?

(PSN)Zdarkk1ller

my opinion you ask? i think its because PS4 players know that xbox one will get updates much faster and kept up to date with pc version more often then ps4.

in reality? its the way its always been since console started. you see it a lot more when the word exclusive is thrown around. its why i stick to pc for the most part, while i have no real gripe with any of the consoles their player base is actually worse then PC and i have made some good friends playing online on PC then console.

again, just my opinion since you asked.

The logic is actually incredibly simple (it's the same reason why PC players shun console players) and it applies to way more than just console/PC users. It applies to things like wireless carriers, internet providers, anything where people can be a "member" really:

People like to feel special.

People like being part of something exclusive.

People want to reaffirm themselves about their decisions (they want to believe they're right).

People like to ridicule those who diverge from their way of thinking (people are cruel).

Some PS4 users probably feel angry that XB1 has Warframe now because it was a PS4 exclusive for nearly a year (and it was only recently that plans for the XB1 were made known). Because they're no longer "special" in the regard of being the only console that has the game. Similar to how PC users got angry when Warframe came to the PS4.

Fanboyism is silly.

i think its because PS4 players know that xbox one will get updates much faster and kept up to date with pc version more often then ps4.

No. The answer is "PS4 players *THINK* XB1 will get updates faster." The answer to this however is no, the XB1 probably won't get updates faster. The updates will probably roll out roughly the same time for both consoles. PLEASE don't spread rumors like this.

my opinion you ask? i think its because PS4 players know that xbox one will get updates much faster and kept up to date with pc version more often then ps4.

in reality? its the way its always been since console started. you see it a lot more when the word exclusive is thrown around. its why i stick to pc for the most part, while i have no real gripe with any of the consoles their player base is actually worse then PC and i have made some good friends playing online on PC then console.

again, just my opinion since you asked.

I don't play on PC, but I will have agree on this. Console players for some reason are poor sports when it comes to a lot of things and I don't know why.

I've made way more friends from all across the globe playing Angry Birds on my phone (sounds strange but true), than I've made playing on consoles over the many years.

The logic is actually incredibly simple (it's the same reason why PC players shun console players) and it applies to way more than just console/PC users. It applies to things like wireless carriers, internet providers, anything where people can be a "member" really:

People want to reaffirm themselves about their decisions (they want to believe they're right).

People like to ridicule those who diverge from their way of thinking (people are cruel).

Some PS4 users probably feel angry that XB1 has Warframe now because it was a PS4 exclusive for nearly a year (and it was only recently that plans for the XB1 were made known). Because they're no longer "special" in the regard of being the only console that has the game. Similar to how PC users got angry when Warframe came to the PS4.

Fanboyism is silly.[/quote

Well I'm happy because now DE gets more money so we will get better games and faster updates

Fanboyism is silly.

No. The answer is "PS4 players *THINK* XB1 will get updates faster." The answer to this however is no, the XB1 probably won't get updates faster. The updates will probably roll out roughly the same time for both consoles. PLEASE don't spread rumors like this.

***eats popcorn**....yea what Letter13 just said....lol....hell I just play...I could care less about another system....I play on ps4 and pc...but I am not about to fight or hate or etc with anyone on who gets updates first or etc....ok back to popcorn

I failed at multi quoting

Loled so hard, yeah you did XD

anyway, im am excited, ive always been an Xbox fan, and have tried to stay mature with other consoles. Im happy to see that so far, all ive seen from the XB1 forumers is just bug reports and politeness. 

Edited by Senketsu_

i dont understand why there is any hate here to begin with, since we dont EVER get to play with each other PS4 players will only play with PS4 players, same for XB1 and PC.

so we all get to be exclusive in our own little section of the gaming community. 

just think, we the PC players are beta testing the game for the players on PS4 and XB1 so you guys get less bugs!

not that i actually mind since the game is still in Beta, so we as pc players actually make a better gaming experience for the console players.

I`ll just leave this here...

gloriouspc.jpg

To be honest - i never understood why people were hating on each other over their console preferences. Back when i was young (lol, i sound so old now)  the main goal was to play games and have fun. Now it`s about bickering and all that S#&$...

Fanboyism is silly.

This really has nothing to do with why PC gamers get aggravated. Let me try and explain it in a very simple way. If you are Over 40 years of age and have been a hardcore gamer you are more than likely a PC gamer, you remember the Innovative Games. I'm talking about games that at the time were amazing because they broke new ground.

Think about what it would be like to go from playing Pong, to combat on atari, or maybe a few games on the vic 20, Apple 2e( lode runner wait what we get to create or own levels awesome ),  to a short time later Doom or Descent on PC. That kind of a jump in Wow factor is still possible on the PC, but it is sadly going to waste by games being ported to consoles. Moving a game to a console more than halves the potential of the game to be great. All of a sudden we have to live with sub par graphics, bad UI's, slower less complex game controls, it literally neuters the game.

Sure consoles are getting better all the time, and maybe one day they will be able to compete who knows, but today right now, consoles are still causing game innovations to stagnate and even regress. This is bound to be aggravating to a PC gamer who realizes just how much untapped potential is being tossed out the window so that consoles can play also.

Console players are generally just younger and have not been around to see the giant leap backwards gaming is taking as the consoles slowly get better. It's like the old saying you can't miss what you never had, consoles don't have it, and they don't miss it. PC had it, we miss it, and want it back.

I'm not saying consoles are all bad. My children enjoyed them until they grew up and moved to PC. I myself can still rock a controller like it's nobodies business. The serious gamer in me however wants you to get your ******** console out of my PC gaming. 

This really has nothing to do with why PC gamers get aggravated. Let me try and explain it in a very simple way. If you are Over 40 years of age and have been a hardcore gamer you are more than likely a PC gamer, you remember the Innovative Games. I'm talking about games that at the time were amazing because they broke new ground.

Think about what it would be like to go from playing Pong, to combat on atari, or maybe a few games on the vic 20, Apple 2e( lode runner wait what we get to create or own levels awesome ),  to a short time later Doom or Descent on PC. That kind of a jump in Wow factor is still possible on the PC, but it is sadly going to waste by games being ported to consoles. Moving a game to a console more than halves the potential of the game to be great. All of a sudden we have to live with sub par graphics, bad UI's, slower less complex game controls, it literally neuters the game.

Sure consoles are getting better all the time, and maybe one day they will be able to compete who knows, but today right now, consoles are still causing game innovations to stagnate and even regress. This is bound to be aggravating to a PC gamer who realizes just how much untapped potential is being tossed out the window so that consoles can play also.

Console players are generally just younger and have not been around to see the giant leap backwards gaming is taking as the consoles slowly get better. It's like the old saying you can't miss what you never had, consoles don't have it, and they don't miss it. PC had it, we miss it, and want it back.

I'm not saying consoles are all bad. My children enjoyed them until they grew up and moved to PC. I myself can still rock a controller like it's nobodies business. The serious gamer in me however wants you to get your ******** console out of my PC gaming. 

I think this applies to a small portion of players but the majority fall under Letter13's assessment. 

Based on my own personal experience of gamers of various ages, it may also just be people jumping on a band wagon or they're joking and it's not properly conveyed via text.