Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Fix Nova's M-Prime Explosion Effect

UnskilledNinja

Normally I do not take the time to make a post but this one is really irritating. Nova is one of my primary frames and I really enjoy using her to help support my team.  Something changed (and I hope it is a bug) with her M-Prime explosion and animation effects.  Primed enemies take waaaaaaaaaaaay too long to explode because they have to go through a very slow/flailing/dying animation before exploding.  Just make them explode again like they use to please.  This new way takes too long and wastes ammo.  You basically have to shoot the enemies a couple of times and watch them to see which ones are slowly acting out their death scene and who is not so you know who to shoot next.  Before it was effective now it is just annoying.

The explosion damage doesn't seem to be quite right either. Before, if you exploded one "trash mob", the others would die in a chain reaction, up to level 30-35. Now it just damages them barely.

Same with antimatter drop...still not fixed.

Given the way M-Prime works now, and how kills are distributed to the player who actually sets off a particular "chain" of primed enemies, anyone think the whole slowly expanding sorta cool looking bubble thing is unnecessary now?

I mean the whole issue with everyone being upset with Nova was that she took all the kills from casting an M-Prime accross the map, which is why the devs changed M-prime to spread more slowly (didn't really solve the problem), but that's not the case now.

What if M-Prime reached enemies the same way before the bubble thing, but used the new mechanism of XP and kills distribution that's in place now?

Fresh from the newest Hotfix notes:

Fixed an issue with enemies affected by Molecular Prime not detonating until after their death animation is finished.

Stay tuned! 

Yay! Glad it's getting fixed. I complained about that before. I've wasted so much ammo because of that. Shoot them. Is it dead yet? Shoot it some more. Oh, yeah...I guess it's just going through its animation. Max strength/slow nova makes it painful to check every mob.

It is genuinely wonderful to hear that FINALLY they are fixing it, But almost sickening and suspicious it didnt get fixed until after the event.

Gonna go with a thank you for getting around to it.

Now just to wait for the hotfix

Edited by FenrirSnow

Given the way M-Prime works now, and how kills are distributed to the player who actually sets off a particular "chain" of primed enemies, anyone think the whole slowly expanding sorta cool looking bubble thing is unnecessary now?

I mean the whole issue with everyone being upset with Nova was that she took all the kills from casting an M-Prime accross the map, which is why the devs changed M-prime to spread more slowly (didn't really solve the problem), but that's not the case now.

What if M-Prime reached enemies the same way before the bubble thing, but used the new mechanism of XP and kills distribution that's in place now?

I thought people were upset because killing enemies became easy and frame rate issues

I thought people were upset because killing enemies became easy and frame rate issues

People were getting upset with Nova taking a majority of kills from a mission.  While the same thing could have been achieved with a variety of other frames, certain folks in the community focused on Nova and she was adjusted several times.  That's a whole different discussion that was beaten to death last year.

My point is that the most current way of distributing kills and XP is great and the slowly expanding bubble which was put in place to stop the spamming of M-Prime may no longer be necessary.