Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Conflict Gameplay

GhostShip20

I will be honest and say I do not like this Dark Sector Conflict gameplay that we currently have. It leans towards more PVP and I have been encountering a lot of players that lag and only carry the same gear like Boltor Prime, Orthos Prime, and every other weapon considered OP.

I really miss the previous version of the Dark Sector Conflict which took place in the Void. I think DE should bring back the Void-Reactor sabotage type mission. It was really fun and new.

What do you guys think about this Dark Sector Conflict gameplay that the game currently has?

It promotes douchbaggery and toxic competitive behaviors.

If you don't have end-game weapons, you will lose no matter how hard you try and be looked down upon as a scrub.

I prefer the old Dark Sector Conflicts.

I agree with you. If people really want PvP, go play conclaves or make a PvP version and a pve version of dark sector conflict.

Before i played the new DS: " Aw PC is whining, it's not that bad"

After i played the new DS: " They were absolutely right".  Dark Sectors aren't even pvp anymore they're just Warframe Politics. Played a Conflict on Sechura and immediately joined in the middle of a corrupt game. 2 Players literally walked out to just get killed, and when i died i was T-Bagged. Called them out to a new squad member(Warned him) and then left.

It promotes douchbaggery and toxic competitive behaviors.

If you don't have end-game weapons, you will lose no matter how hard you try and be looked down upon as a scrub.

I prefer the old Dark Sector Conflicts.

This, the PvE was A LOT better

*cought* Mag spamming pull ! :D

I also noticed that it will now be impossible to get certain mods obtainable from Dark sectors like Decisive Judgement unless you use transmutation. This game should also encourage variety. I could easily equip a Rhino or Frost Prime, Phage, Jet Kittag or Dragon Nikana, and be an OP PvP player. But, I don't feel like doing that because I want to be different.

Another thing that isn't good about Dark Sector Conflict is that when you join, you have no mods equipped. If you end up in a game that was started before you showed up, then you know how weak you will be compared to someone who managed to get a few mods back.

No you don't. You find Ash players spamming 4. Which ruins your gameplay. V spammed all Ash-es in Sechura. I did around 30 runs, and in about 20-26 I met Ash-es spamming BS. 

i just want to see the specters again.

Edited by Haldos
No f-bombs please. <3 Nor unconstructive comments.

My comment about current Dark Sector Conflicts (I didn't know they changed that, so I was surprised yesterday).

Anyway:

- I like the idea of variable objectives - YAY I Like it!

- Receiving full battle pay or ZERO is still a russian roulette. Why can't we reserve our battle pay when we start the game? Why is it that I always always always get ZERO, because hundred of other players also started the game nearly the same moment I did and finished it two seconds before me. That's not fair and promotes unhealthy clan tactics to set astronomical battle pays, but enough for 20 players - the battle pay is visible for all for at least 5-10-15 minutes (now conflicts are longer), during this time a lot of players start the game and only a few lucky ones will get this battle pay.

- Even though we won(!) yesterday and I had zero battle pay (no surprise here), I was hoping to get those mods that I've been awarded. But NO, NOTHING was given to my inventory! I checked and double checked (sorted by "recent" in mods). I noticed I've been given Vigor in the match, but no unranked Vigor was found in my library. Bug? Not nice.

Therefore, until battle pays are really the battle pays and not "looser pays" and until bugs are fixed, I refuse playing conflicts. It's a waste of time.

My comment about current Dark Sector Conflicts (I didn't know they changed that, so I was surprised yesterday).

Anyway:

- Receiving full battle pay or ZERO is still a russian roulette. Why can't we reserve our battle pay when we start the game? Why is it that I always always always get ZERO, because hundred of other players also started the game nearly the same moment I did and finished it two seconds before me. That's not fair and promotes unhealthy clan tactics to set astronomical battle pays, but enough for 20 players - the battle pay is visible for all for at least 5-10-15 minutes (now conflicts are longer), during this time a lot of players start the game and only a few lucky ones will get this battle pay.

- Even though we won(!) yesterday and I had zero battle pay (no surprise here), I was hoping to get those mods that I've been awarded. But NO, NOTHING was given to my inventory! I checked and double checked (sorted by "recent" in mods). I noticed I've been given Vigor in the match, but no unranked Vigor was found in my library. Bug? Not nice.

Therefore, until battle pays are really the battle pays and not "looser pays" and until bugs are fixed, I refuse playing conflicts. It's a waste of time.

The mods you get during the fight are your mods. You start the game without the mods you normally have and you need to "earn" them as you fight. Don't worry about having to equip anything as your mods will remain where they were.

the only way i see to fix the toxic behavior as it currently stands is to randomize player loadout upon mission entrance.

i.e. you could be a rank 0 or a rank 17, and no matter what, you're going to get random warframe, random weapons, random mods on those weapons.

i would definitely separate the well-rounded player from those that use the same overpowered overused setups time after time.

make all the mods maximum strength, but let a pre-defined setup take over instead of players getting to use what they want.

i'd actually play that.

currently... nah, not interested in playing against endless ash w/ bladestorm and mirage w/ HOM + Penta

no thanks.

Best way to put in some honest balance? Pre-set loudouts that you have to select. Free form + PvP will always lead to some builds just being flat out better and everybody will lean to them. At this point I completely ignore DSs are a thing anymore, they were a waste of dev resources from my perspective. 

Anyway:

The issues with the battle pay are one of my biggest gripes with the current Dark Sectors. I have joined games that have over 100 tickets left for a specific battle pay only to see them all disappear when matchs are ending just to avoid having to pay the battle pay. The suddenly seconds later there are tickets again posted. I suspect this is manipulation on the part of who ever is allowed to adjust battle pay to make it a carrot on the stick type situation. There needs to be some form of cooldown on being able to adjust battle pay. At the very least it should be the length of a Dark Sector match and be locked to as a global timer. This would help prevent abuse from other people just randomly changing one after another to avoid the cooldown on the change.

The issues with the battle pay are one of my biggest gripes with the current Dark Sectors. I have joined games that have over 100 tickets left for a specific battle pay only to see them all disappear when matchs are ending just to avoid having to pay the battle pay. The suddenly seconds later there are tickets again posted. I suspect this is manipulation on the part of who ever is allowed to adjust battle pay to make it a carrot on the stick type situation. There needs to be some form of cooldown on being able to adjust battle pay. At the very least it should be the length of a Dark Sector match and be locked to as a global timer. This would help prevent abuse from other people just randomly changing one after another to avoid the cooldown on the change.

they can't change battle pay once set. what you're seeing is it running out and then they're adding more.

commonly known as pay-baiting. set a high credit payout, low number of reserve.

have 300 - 400 people get in and burn down the reserve, the rest of the poor saps have just worked for free expecting a payout.

repeat as necessary until they win / loose. it's a poor design

bigger maps[not battlefieldish] longer matches[ 20min avg ]  make it have more tactics into it  ambushing ur enemies :D

make it a little like league of legends XD i know this is a  3rd person shooter but farming specters at first so u can get a kill is awesome 

and having control on which mod u wanna activate....and we start all at zero and we earn credits from killing specters and then we buy the mods :D so only the skillful player will win :D

Honestly, I enjoyed the pvp conflicts when they were new, but I agree with whoever said it has become a political thing.  I haven't seen anything as blatant as committing suicide against a defending team, but I have definitely observed pay-baiting.  Ultimately, I have resolved not to touch a dark sector, in or out of conflict, unless I know that the alliance or clan that holds it has 0% taxes.  Since I have seen no clan or alliance permanently hold a sector to 0%, I have abandoned the dark sectors.

I have said this several times and it has been said in the posts above, but dark sector sabotage needs to be brought back as an option.  Additionally, I think a base pay needs to exist so that if battle pay is exhausted while people are in the mission they won't be completely SOL.

Balance aside I do very much enjoy DS PvP.  Having an enemy to fight that is capable of adaptation and critical thinking is the only way to offer long term replay ability that doesn't grow stale from repetition. There are far to many forms of grind related content in the game already, and having direct PvP in the DS system just makes sense to me.

Pay bating, politics and exploitations have always played a part in every form of DS content that has come before this. If you switch this back to grind mode these will still exist, and given enough time players will burn out because replaying the same content becomes ever more repetitive and stale.

Balance is the key to alleviating many of the problems we have in DS PvP. I for one, along with many others here, knew that balance would not come easy to this game mode.Taking PvE set-ups and adding them to  a PvP game creates a huge issue of unbalance. I have heard many suggestions on ways to balance and I think that some of these have great potential.

-PreMade loadouts: Having a list of premade loadouts for each frame to choose from. While it would be greatly easier to balance everything with this suggestion we lose one of my favorite parts of warframe in doing so, Customization.

-Two different functions of each skill: While requiring a lot more coding and work,creating a different form of each skill for each warframe ability offers a greate chance for balance. (Blade storm is an example of this already being implemented) Doing this with the addition of the next suggestion offers an even  greater potential of balance.

-Ability cool downs: While having the ability to spam skills like blade storm in PvE is a critical game play mechanic, having that same option in PvP is ludicrous. Example BS is unlocked you cast it one time, you must now wait 3 minutes before recasting, dieing and respawnig does not reset this counter.

-Energy barrier on attacker spawn points. I don't know why this hasn't been done already. Either add an energy barrier to each of the attackers spawn points or remove them from the defenders. Equal is fair.

Those are but a few off the top of my head. There are many more not listed here that offer great potential.

-Ability cool downs: While having the ability to spam skills like blade storm in PvE is a critical game play mechanic, having that same option in PvP is ludicrous. Example BS is unlocked you cast it one time, you must now wait 3 minutes before recasting, dieing and respawnig does not reset this counter.

This sounds to me like a great idea. Makes abilities even in present form - tactical. Biggest problem that I have observed in DS PvP is that once one team gets a lead, especially abilities heavy team (if there are any other kind?), they usually start a wave that cannot be stopped. So it's fun at start when it's a leveled playing field but after that, who ever did better in first phase, just walks to his win, while opposing team is supposed to stay there and take it. I have been on both sides, attackers and defenders and both winners and defeated and it is the same.

So this way you still have abilities, don't have to balance them anymore, give a 2, 3 minute cooldown on all heavy damaging or cc-ing abilities and let players pick the perfect timing to ensure a win or turn the tide, while in meantime, you depend on your moving, shooting and playing as a team. This could really work.

Nobody give a F*** about Warframe Pvp anyway i just want to see the specters again.

Be constructive or get out!

If you don't like PvP, you are not obliged to walk around PvP section and be toxic. I wouldn't say anything but this is just one of your negative posts on multiple PvP topics.