The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Skins Contest

[DE]Rebecca

I hope I'm not too late D: Here's my entry:

dakila_akmagnus___custom_weapon_skin_by_

dakilaakmagnusskin3_by_malayayu-d7zmkxc.

dakila_akmagnus_skin_2_by_malayayu-d7zmm

A friend and clanmate gave me the idea for the name. Dakila means great/heroic/majestic/noble in Filipino(Which makes Dakila Magnus kinda redundant, pfft)

The inscription on the barrel is from an ancient Filipino writing system called Alibata/Baybayin. It reads "Dakilang Tenu" or translated into English: "x Tenno", x being any of the possible translations of the word.

Baked and rendered with Blender. Textures made with Photoshop and dDo.

I apologize if the maps are a bit messy, still trying to get the hang of texturing and stuff. PSD file is here:

http://malayayu.deviantart.com/art/Dakila-Akmagnus-Custom-Weapon-Skin-483105130

Hi everyone ! 

Here's my entry for the challenge: 

The Magnus Hive.

2a8gldy.png

2pzlil3.png

5yb61l.png

2a83ned.png

For the skin I chose to base myself on a theme :The Hive.

Therefore I used the graphic codes associated with this theme.Like  yellow,orange,black and the hexagonal shape.

Furthermore , I was inspired by the Corpus weapons for the  technological side and use of energy weapons.

I also added blades (on textures) on the front of the weapon.

For rendering I used Marmoset Toolbag 2 , and Quixel Suite to work on the different maps.

PSD File : 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t8tp2as70336395/MagnusSkinContest.psd

Voilà :)  

Hope you like it ! And Good Luck for  other participants !

These two blew my mind! Can I has both?

Finished finally!

-EDIT: now with new renders with different colors

Lotus Akmagnus
cF7r4bp.png

a close render and a bigger one

6mShp7r.png

3avwzyx.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5zTz8DF.png

FITCU9r.png

Rj7qJCg.pngrC5GPtu.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

previous post : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/304881-weapon-skins-contest/?p=3506583

and here the blender renders

2uCavFq.png

V2Ls84V.png

6cCKFNA.png

and .psd file 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e655pdaida7gupj/MagnusSkinContest.psd?dl=1

Edited by OctaviusProwerCoyote

Hi everyone,

This is my entry for the competition :) It’s ornate-themed. Haven’t come up with a name for it yet, but open to suggestion xD

Every part of the weapons are tintable so you can change the colors to whatever you like!  

Vectis:

3F3vrt9.jpg

AkMagnus:

JrjwWmi.jpg

Dual Zoren:

WGJfTS0.jpg

I hope you guys like it, and hope I didn’t miss the competition!

I hope I'm not too late D: Here's my entry:

dakila_akmagnus___custom_weapon_skin_by_

dakilaakmagnusskin3_by_malayayu-d7zmkxc.

dakila_akmagnus_skin_2_by_malayayu-d7zmm

A friend and clanmate gave me the idea for the name. Dakila means great/heroic/majestic/noble in Filipino(Which makes Dakila Magnus kinda redundant, pfft)

The inscription on the barrel is from an ancient Filipino writing system called Alibata/Baybayin. It reads "Dakilang Tenu" or translated into English: "x Tenno", x being any of the possible translations of the word.

Baked and rendered with Blender. Textures made with Photoshop and dDo.

I apologize if the maps are a bit messy, still trying to get the hang of texturing and stuff. PSD file is here:

http://malayayu.deviantart.com/art/Dakila-Akmagnus-Custom-Weapon-Skin-483105130

My Gawd... This is beautiful!! 

Hello all!

I just like the Necrons from Warhammer 40k and other fantasy races like them. Well, we cannot have Necrons in Warframe, but I've tried to develop style inspired by them. So... there is Necrotech Skin Pack! (I'm pretty lame at names) Click images for full resolutions:

Necrotech AkMagnus

grFBMzm.jpg

Necrotech Zoren (and Scindo)

CLiFepo.jpg

Necrotech Vectis (THAT was a real pain)

fcCI9eB.jpg

Skin features:

- Fully tintable metallic colors

- Glowing elements (supercharge your weapon with unknown deadly energies!)

- Nekros approves!

PSD files:

Vectis http://www.mediafire.com/download/1je12nivlbloe87/VectisSkinContest.psd

Magnus http://www.mediafire.com/download/n59rda2ygqpnlw7/MagnusSkinContest.psd

Zorens http://www.mediafire.com/download/o6ygrb6pn47giri/ScindoSkinContest.psd

I hope it's good enough for you to like it!

Edited by Raunek-Ka

Hello my fellow Tenno :) 

Here is my skin for the akmagnus, called "Cranium" (skull in latin, as magnus is latin too *coughs*). 

xzBdG6c.jpg

Sx4dtu0.jpg

sw14qGv.jpg

3 camera views:

Ec3Pzi4.jpg

8FkTHVV.jpg

4HjaJBE.jpg

Be sure to visit the imgur album for different colored versions and more details ! :)

Thx for your time and good luck to everyone! :)

Edited by Klimperlude

http://s18.photobucket.com/user/Rekkou/media/VectisSilferer_zpsc8db8b78.png.html

Silferer skin for Vectis, honestly a bit disappointed with how it turned out. Works on Magnus, but not so much on Vectis because it already have plenty of silver parts. I haven't got much time working on it, i'll try to improve it with time i have left. But i'm gonna submit this one for now in case i didn't make it.

EDIT: Updated with new one

Edited by Rekkou

Finished finally!

Lotus Akmagnus

cF7r4bp.png

a close render and a bigger one

6mShp7r.png

3avwzyx.png

i'll update the post with blender render with the proper positions and the .psd file

previous post : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/304881-weapon-skins-contest/?p=3506583

and here the blender renders

2uCavFq.png

V2Ls84V.png

6cCKFNA.png

Yay! you finished it!

aqnjkDb.jpg

NZYbP3h.jpg

OXVEVwk.jpg

Never forget the 501 Kubrow.

Breakdowns:

Programs used:

Autodesk Maya 2015 - UV map preview, cleaned up normals of original model (Unreal screamed for some reason, as it found reversed normals around the seams, could've been a bad download or import), added smoothing groups to the tessellated default import (keeps same geometry, but softens the edge).

Adobe Photoshop CS6 - Digitally painted 95% of the main skin with the standard brushes in photoshop default. Small amounts of secondary stone texture were also overlapped for the spec map and diffuse.

Unreal Editor (Unreal Engine 4) - Compiled all maps into one master material and took screenshots while simulating real time.

CrazyBump - turning the painted height map (black and white) into a normal map, gloss map, and spec map.

The Concept:

Honestly, I just...really wanted a Kubrow skin that looked cool and kept the same Eastern Sci-Fi aesthetic, we've all come to love from Warframe. Looking through the Asian artillery, I came across a lot that featured snarling oni on the handle with the blade jutting from their mouths.

Example

chinese-dynasty-series-thumb.jpg

I wanted to do something similar to that but in a very Tenno style. Originally, the blade only featured one head, but quickly grew to three as I wanted to fill the rest of the blade. So essentially, a Kuberus (Kubrow Cerberus). As to why it became a ghost theme...well I was just playing in the Material editor with the tint masks, and I really love teal and orange. Usually the combo looks so happy to me, but this time it looked haunting.

Poor dead Kubrows... may this blade avenge the fluffy fallen.

Good luck to the other entries! This contest was amazing DE, please do more! ...With meshes, please, please, please! Or a syandana contest! Ooooo, too fun. Can't wait to see what you guys cook up next. :D

Edited by ZeroJackdaw

EdKKIyZ.png

jj7HHgV.png

LrzyA9b.png

This should be called the Grandmaster Skin Pack, it should not require any Founder Rank, is just a powerful  name set, for those true tennos and orokin fans and to please them.

Keep in mind, all of these skins has specularity of Primed Weapons, and the Grandmasters Dual Zoren has glow map on the blue areas, it is hard to tell. since the backround and lighting wasnt the best in blender. 

Edited by Darealslenderman

VectisSilferer_zpsc8db8b78.png

Silferer skin for Vectis, honestly a bit disappointed with how it turned out. Works on Magnus, but not so much on Vectis because it already have plenty of silver parts. I haven't got much time working on it, i'll try to improve it with time i have left. But i'm gonna submit this one for now in case i didn't make it.

Man, that's fantastic! Gives me a serious futuristic vibe - kind of like forerunner weapons in halo 4. That'll go perfectly with my volt! Does want! On a more serious note, I particularly like how you turned the (ordinarily weird) bump on the Vectis into a kind of aiming reticule. Brilliant.

Edited by LordGreymantle

In the future, can there please be a maya-compatible version as well? I know that the weapon design team has talked about them using maya and zbrush, and not having options to easily import these into either one makes it a bit of a chore trying to work with unfamiliar software--I managed to get the .obj from blender, but lost all the UV mapping in the process. I don't particularly like blender... at all.