Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Awesome Game De, But What Now?

Lediard

Like the topic title says, thanks DE for this amazing game!

I've been playing since April of last year, and have done and seen everything there is to do and see.  I have loved the game throughout the entire time and have spent alot of regret-less money on my account.  

I find myself finishing the last few weapons I haven't maxed and I am having trouble leveling them.  They are a slow and painful process even though they are fun weapons to use and I was wondering why my progress has more or less halted.

I know its not the weapons, they are fun and new  I enjoyed the new tile-set and the last event quite a bit.  

I find that now the event is over, I'm at a loss for what to do.  I don't know what I should be doing to farm exp in a fun way and running Sechura or some equivalent over and over seems really unappetizing.  

I find I need direction, the game is losing its flavor for me and I hate that its happening.  I'm begging for some sort of goal or reason to keep plugging away at creating my own fun.  If someone has some tips or can relate their own experiences with this, I'd appreciate some help. 

I find I need direction, the game is losing its flavor for me and I hate that its happening.  

My only suggestion for you is to take a break from the game and come back for a little bit after each update to see what's new.

Maybe one day they'll realize that endgame is more important than glorified jetpacks and genetically mutated canines from Earth.

OP, you've reached the same point as many of your fellow players.

Edited by JohnProdman

My only suggestion for you is to take a break from the game and come back for a little bit after each update to see what's new.

Maybe one day they'll realize that endgame is more important than glorified jetpacks and genetically mutated canines from Earth.

Were it is important I can see why it is taking a long time to do and why they may not want to dedicate a lot of resources to it.

Personally I find going back to earlier missions and helping new players with learning and playing the game can be fun and rewarding plus helps encourage a new group of tenno to continue with the game. That being said I still have a long way to go till im at your point (I've only been playing from march or april of this year) so don't know if I'm the greatest reference but the only other thing I can think of is finiding a good team to do self created challenges with. Basically things like what they do on prime time where they only run with mk1 weapons, or run only melee.

Personally I find going back to earlier missions and helping new players with learning and playing the game can be fun and rewarding plus helps encourage a new group of tenno to continue with the game. 

This ^^^

Outside of brand-new updates, this is what I'm usually doing while I play. It makes artificially handicapping myself with new gear reasonable and fun as well.

Well thank goodness they're working on focus.

Are they? They dropped the initial idea on the community in February 2013, and here we are in September of 2014. It's evolved and taken a few different shapes over the course of last year, but after they shut down the last idea, they have said no more about it. TennoLive set the groundwork for another 6-12 months of content. 

I'm next to certain the idea has been entirely scrapped and they're only beginning to gather ideas for the next thing. It's probably safe to say that we're not going to see the "focus sytem" (or whatever it's become) for at least another full year. I desperately hope they have something planned much sooner than this, and that I'm wrong.

Edited by JohnProdman

Real endgame is obviously oversized bosses with a predictable Ai who cycles through a series of attacks that include, but are not limited to, circles of fire on the ground for 15-50 players to mash buttons at until it falls over like an oversized loot piñata.

Right?

Are they? They dropped the initial idea on the community in February 2013, and here we are in September of 2014.

I'm next to certain the idea has been entirely scrapped and they're only beginning to gather ideas for the next thing.

Watch today's devstream. Apparently they have a working dev build for focus, but they're unsatisfied with the specializations and abilities so they're not shipping it yet. It probably won't be U15, but it's well in the works according to them.

Aside from what is mentioned before like taking a break and such you could always do something my clan did one day, we went to various maps looking for those cat statues, trust me it sounds dull but damn they put them in some odd spots.(such as putting one behind a vent where a moving object is)

are they? i havnt heard anything on this subject for a while now if at all. they seem to be more interesting in putting one shot things then Focus ATM.

Watch today's devstream. Apparently they have a working dev build for focus, but they're unsatisfied with the specializations and abilities so they're not shipping it yet. It probably won't be U15, but it's well in the works according to them.

Also I wouldn't really call Arcwing a one shot thing.

Try having fun with survivals, rp'ing a story with your frames and your team, doing clan based stuff like the search for those cat statues, or just take a break are a few options.

Then there are the helping of new players, self imposed challenges and off course just taking challenges like originalwicked does from time to time to keep interested in the game.

Thanks for all your posts, I find that I feel better knowing I'm not alone in this.  I've gotten more than 1000 hours out of this game, so I consider a massive success in all respects.  The only games that have ever hooked me like this are WoW and Minecraft, all of which I ended up either kicking the habit or moving on from.  

It saddens me that this game will end up being an "Update Only" game for me like Diablo 3 has become, but I guess this gives me time to finally finish Assassin's Creed 4 and maybe find a new one.  

Just wondering what I'm going to do about my clan now, yikes.