Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Remove Ability Mods In Total And Make Them Innate In Warframes

Valafor

One of the biggest issues with the drop tables are ability mods. So this is a proposal to remove ability mods. Not just ability mod drops but the ability mods in general. This is done simply by integrating the warframe abilities into the Warframe itself. We can still make it so that you have to upgrade your Warframe itself with fusion cores to power up your abilities, or make it level every 10 levels. So what about the extra slots?

Now all of us have up to 12 slots for our Warframes, allowing us to put more mods into our Warframe. However, there is a catch. In order to unlock these 4 slots, you need to forma your Warframe. So why would we want to remove ability mods? Well 1. it cleans up our drop tables a lot, and 2. why should my own abilities be mods? They are what makes our Warframe unique. We should be able to tap into our own Warframe abilities at any time. Therefore, it makes rather lackluster and situational abilities like Silence, Teleport, Silence, Divebomb, almost all of Nekro's abilities that are not Desecrate (oh and did I mention Silence?) less of a waste of a mod slot.

In addition, it would not really change modding completely; in fact, it might allow more room for mods that are not just the necessities. For instance, we have no room for wonderful mods like Handspring, Maglev, Thief Radar etc. without absolutely crippling ourselves, thus crippling our squads in general. However, a few extra mod slots could be a large game changer. and thus to truly unlock a frame's potential, it requires quite a lot of dedication first, unlocking the slots. Now if you need a forma to simply unlock the slot, and then further forma to actually give it a polarity slot is up to DE, but it will make the ability to gain access to 4 mod slots require more work. After all, is that not the point of forma to begin with? You put in work in order to help your Warframe reach their full potential. 

im totally for removing ability mods from the droptables but making them directly included into the warframe has the problem that you can't have multiple ones with different levels for different loadouts. I still think that the best solution would be to add them into the market for credtis.

im totally for removing ability mods from the droptables but making them directly included into the warframe has the problem that you can't have multiple ones with different levels for different loadouts. I still think that the best solution would be to add them into the market for credtis.

This makes me wonder why you would want a lower rank for other builds. I mean, with the removal of the mods in general and integrated into your warframe mod capacity is no longer an issue. I honestly can not think of an ability in which a lower rank would be better, other than mod capacity, which with this system, is not an issue.

Edited by Valafor

the main reason why i stopped mentioning this myself is because eventually warframes will have more than 4 powers to choose from.

They can be selected in a new way

This makes me wonder why you would want a lower rank for other builds. I mean, with the removal of the mods in general and integrated into your warframe mod capacity is no longer an issue. I honestly can not think of an ability in which a lower rank would be better, other than mod capacity, which with this system, is not an issue.

Though i personally dont think its better

The only two examples of this are Hyteria for shorter lock time in useless mode (basically make it a panic button that doesnt last forever) and Trinity blessing for spam builds which i find less useful than duration build personally but people still use it

Aside from that everything is usually maxed on frames or left at 0 for 1s

There can be ways to adjust for selecting power ranks so the argument is invalid entirely anyways and people need to stop hiding what they really want behind Bs arguments

Edited by Azawarau

I think the current system is fine. If you want to have more slots, you can easily remove the "useless" abilities and forma the slot. It's a trade off - it's good.

in fact, it might allow more room for mods that are not just the necessities. For instance, we have no room for wonderful mods like Handspring, Maglev, Thief Radar etc. without absolutely crippling ourselves, thus crippling our squads in general.

yes it "might", but what it really means is more power strength/range/duration/efficiency or health/shield/armor.

I think the current system is fine. If you want to have more slots, you can easily remove the "useless" abilities and forma the slot. It's a trade off - it's good.

yes it "might", but what it really means is more power strength/range/duration/efficiency or health/shield/armor.

Is that a problem? You need quite an investment of at least 4 forma to unlock these slots. Yes it is the same as the current system, but i fail to see why our abilities are not an innate feature of our warframes. Edited by Valafor

Youd still lose on average 2 slots and utility

I know id forma up my mainframe with some stamina if i had the room

I dunno, COMPLETELY removing them as equippable mods is probably not a good idea, but having 4 DEDICATED slots for abilities only sounds better to me, since DE had the ideas of implementing General abilities in the future. Meaning, you should be able to swap out some innate powers for generic ones, if you want to.

With that, abilities could just be in the market for credits. Or even better, if we could downclock mods (including abilities), there is no need ever to have more than one set of ability-mods (which would be a huge QoL-change, especially due to some mods having negative effects on them which also scale with ranks, like the Corrupted mods)!

I dunno, COMPLETELY removing them as equippable mods is probably not a good idea, but having 4 DEDICATED slots for abilities only sounds better to me, since DE had the ideas of implementing General abilities in the future. Meaning, you should be able to swap out some innate powers for generic ones, if you want to.

With that, abilities could just be in the market for credits. Or even better, if we could downclock mods (including abilities), there is no need ever to have more than one set of ability-mods (which would be a huge QoL-change, especially due to some mods having negative effects on them which also scale with ranks, like the Corrupted mods)!

That just means time will tell

Perhaps the change wont be wanted so much after Focus is implemented