Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Useless Warframe Mod Thread.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Guest Tehnoobshow

We have the elemental resistance mods, which are either too situational or completely useless with only 45~60% resistance:

-Antitoxin

only useful when the fart ospreys used to be OP or perhaps in PvP

-Diamond Skin

only the Detron Crewmen and void lasers do laser damage, but the void lasers do so much damage they kill you regardless

-Flame Repellant

only useful if there's going to be a lot of Napalms or Scorches

-Insulation

comepletely useless, no enemy does cold damage, and cold proc isn't that commonly used in PvP

-Lightning Rod

good against Arc Traps

We have Warm Coat, which would might be more commonly used if it didn't provide only a measly 12% cold hazard resistance. It really should be merged into Insulation though, imo.

We also have the location based damage resistance mods, which no one would use even if they made you invulnerable:

-Shock Absorbers

who's going to stay on the ground for that long? even Handspring is better than this mod

-Aviator

not even Zephyr can stay in the air long enough for this mod to be useful, in fact, Valkyr might actually be better with it since Ripline is slower

And then we have the rest of them:

-Acrobat

parkour isn't used very often and Marathon beats it by providing a bonus to stamina for all actions

-Sure Footed

RNG 'nuff said

-Shield Flux

you can melee and block without stamina (using Reflex Guard), so what do you need stamina for?

-Retribution

once again, RNG

-Reflection

enemies don't do enough damage to kill themselves reliably, might be useful in PvP

-Handspring

this should be a default game mechanic

-Master Thief

triple RNG

Now as for the mods that are commonly considered to be useless, but I don't think are:

-Enemy Sense

sometimes you don't want to share or want another aura

-Undying Will

it's good to have the option, even if no one uses it

-Intruder

same as above

-Thief's Wit

good for finding secret rooms and shortcuts through tiles

-Provoked

someone probably uses this with the Brakk...

-Maglev

it's actually on par with Rush if you butt slide at all

reflection is good combined with melee liffe steal(there is a very specific build using reflex guard, reflection and life strike)

handspring is awesome when u solo a mission, because in solo, cant get up fast enough could mean stunlock by enemies

thief's wit, r u kidding me? it's a must when u farm mods in a mobile defense mission

I think scott or steve address Handspring being game mechanic, i think they were against it.

The resistance mods should be appropriately buff or just lower mod capacity drain in general. They already take up a spot i could've placed something useful, why should they cost even more points.

i disagree with the rest of them category, but i full agree with the first group.

I get thier niche mods, but they're not even worth it 99% of the time. Why use elemental resistances when i could have more health and shields which are universally useful.

sure footed+fortitiude=80% chance not to be knocked down

until the AoE Explosions and other Damage just kills you anyways :D

then it doesn't matter.

Sure Footed is useful though, since it's almost a 2/3 Chance. still would be better if it helped against Knockdown in some way 100% of the time.

the 20% on Fortitude is pretty ehh.

This looks mostly like a shallow troll thread TBH, but I would just like to step in and point out that with Tactical Alerts coming into the fold, a lot of these are very, very cheap. Master Thief and resist mods in particular were less than five conclave points IIRC.

I wonder how many of the people I rezzed fighting fire hyenas had skipped the USELESS BANDAID 1pt fire resist mod that saved my &#! several times.

*unhooks and runs from bait*

This looks mostly like a shallow troll thread TBH, but I would just like to step in and point out that with Tactical Alerts coming into the fold, a lot of these are very, very cheap. Master Thief and resist mods in particular were less than five conclave points IIRC.

I wonder how many of the people I rezzed fighting fire hyenas had skipped the USELESS BANDAID 1pt fire resist mod that saved my @$$ several times.

*unhooks and runs from bait*

Man, I totally spaced what fire resist mod name. I have all the mods in the codex, but I couldnt find it at the time. Insulation saved me in the arctic mini event with all the ice eximus enemies. 

Maglev and marathon are amazing on a rhino prime with rush and arcane vanguard. Oh my goodness the speed is so real. I just dont feel right NOT using maglev. Wish it wasnt an 11 cost, and I also wish It could give a 45 or 50% increase. Thatd be swell.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Man, I totally spaced what fire resist mod name. I have all the mods in the codex, but I couldnt find it at the time. Insulation saved me in the arctic mini event with all the ice eximus enemies. 

Maglev and marathon are amazing on a rhino prime with rush and arcane vanguard. Oh my goodness the speed is so real. I just dont feel right NOT using maglev. Wish it wasnt an 11 cost, and I also wish It could give a 45 or 50% increase. Thatd be swell.

How did Insulation help against the Arctic Eximus? Does it make you invulnerable to Freeze procs? Since Arctic Exmi don't do any actual damage with their ability. Or did you mean Diamond Skin? Because those Detron shots certainly hurt.

How did Insulation help against the Arctic Eximus? Does it make you invulnerable to Freeze procs? Since Arctic Exmi don't do any actual damage with their ability. Or did you mean Diamond Skin? Because those Detron shots certainly hurt.

The eximus were actually hitting you with cold damage. It was confirmed by the link trinity we had.Her link was proc'ing cold, and she had no cold weapons equipped. Plus my team was getting torn to shreds in about 2 shots, and I survived quite a bit more that 2 shots, with lower shields/health.

Reflection use to actually be OP in PvP but now blocking drains stamina and the damage nerf made it much less useful. Intruder is useless IMO because the panel lock mini game is too easy.

The "panel lock" is not set in stone. We can easily get far bigger ones, and even ones where the craftable lock-pick won't work on, then Loki's all over the world will cry that Intruder was removed and they need an extra 3 seconds to decode the 12 panel locks.

The "panel lock" is not set in stone. We can easily get far bigger ones, and even ones where the craftable lock-pick won't work on, then Loki's all over the world will cry that Intruder was removed and they need an extra 3 seconds to decode the 12 panel locks.

An extra three seconds is not much in the grand scheme of things. 

I have to ask but where are you guys running into 12 panel lock I think the largest I've seen where the full circle lock on the mastery test.

other wise handspring is probably very useful but the elemental resistance mods are to weak to actually help much.