Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Needs To Change

DELTATRON

why is vauban ridiculously stupid to get, nekros or a any prime is easier to get than vauban nobody has a chance to get the helmet or the chassis at 4 am in the morning and then wait for one or two months to miss it again digital extremes please change this. (i expect to be told to suck it up)

Ye running 3 guaranteed missions is really hard to do. 

I disagree Vauban is fine as is. 

As someone who has one?

No. No it isn't. There's a reason that it's the single most bought-with-platinum frame in the entire game, and it has everything to do with a totally unforgiving RNG that doesn't care if you have certain needs like having to work for a living or sleep. If Vauban is going to remain an alert prize, then it damned well better be a prize whose parts come up more often in alerts.

As someone who has one?

No. No it isn't. There's a reason that it's the single most bought-with-platinum frame in the entire game, and it has everything to do with a totally unforgiving RNG that doesn't care if you have certain needs like having to work for a living or sleep. If Vauban is going to remain an alert prize, then it damned well better be a prize whose parts come up more often in alerts.

It took me about 4 months to get Vauban, and it was really easy to do those 3 missions so again I feel he is currently fine. 

DE said they were looking at giving other frames the quest treatment that mirage got.  So at some point I would assume that Vauban will get the same treatment seeing as they said they would probably do it with frames that don't have a 'home' yet.  Although I am not sure I like this idea considering that Vauban is an incredibly good frame, he should be difficult to get. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

I can see that it's worth it to some but if you think about it Nekros is easier to get in the long run by just simply farming oda missions by chance you can get him in 3 mission runs and he is very useful and i see him more often and what about Rhino who at the moment can rhino stomp a entire room and other rooms near it and kill everything and we can get him at venus and with streamline and flow this thing is going to kill everything i use him because he is a tank and a good damage dealer i don't even need roar so don't tell me that Vauban is hard to get because he is a good warframe when i can get Rhino in a low amount of time.

His systems dropped yesterday his chassis and head dropped today, same 2 or 3 weeks ago. His parts seem to drop on weekends so IMHO DE is being relatively nice with the alerts.
And i think each time they flip it so once its convenient for US side of the world and the other time its convenient for the European side of the world.

From what I see a rather large number of Vauban owners like to say "He's hard to get and he needs to remain hard to get because I suffered through getting him and so should you." Some people say "he's a really good frame that is a god of CC and as such should be hard to get so the game doesn't become 'BoobenFrame'. We have those who say "This system sucks and I should be able to grind him out from a boss or have longer alerts".

He's OP as F*** versus infested and is E-Z mode at locking down choke points. In open areas he's not as good, but he's not awful. 

Ability-wise he needs to be nerfed. Availability he needs to be buffed. 

Hes not that bad to get ._.

Having anything in a game, especially something as major as another character providing a new playstyle, be decided by either random chance or you have to purchase it using real money or currency purchased with real money is absolutely pants on head $&*&*#(%&. "He's not that bad to get" is probably coming from someone who wasn't even interested in him, the parts popped up randomly and now you're spouting drivel about "oh pure RNG is not that bad guys". Know what isn't that bad to get? Ember. Banshee. Rhino. The Primes. Hydroid. Why? Because you have a method of applying effort towards a goal that will result in an end product. You find the location that parts drop or what method is necessary to get an item. You repeat that piece of content multiple times, gaining the pieces you need. You build the end product. That's interaction, that's an obtainable goal that isn't reliant on hoping and praying that the one piece you need is going to pop up today as an alert and that it'll be at a time where you will be capable of finding it. The Vauban Helmet, according to the twitter tracker of the WarframeAlerts using the keyword 'vauban', has a range of 2 - 6 weeks. So after this alert from 10 hours ago, guess you've got 2 weeks to live your life. Then when those 2 weeks are over, now you get to spend the next month monitoring it constantly, because if you don't you'll miss it, and you get to start the process all over. Gee willikers, that's not bad at all! 

Having anything in a game, especially something as major as another character providing a new playstyle, be decided by either random chance or you have to purchase it using real money or currency purchased with real money is absolutely pants on head $&*&*#(%&. "He's not that bad to get" is probably coming from someone who wasn't even interested in him, the parts popped up randomly and now you're spouting drivel about "oh pure RNG is not that bad guys". Know what isn't that bad to get? Ember. Banshee. Rhino. The Primes. Hydroid. Why? Because you have a method of applying effort towards a goal that will result in an end product. You find the location that parts drop or what method is necessary to get an item. You repeat that piece of content multiple times, gaining the pieces you need. You build the end product. That's interaction, that's an obtainable goal that isn't reliant on hoping and praying that the one piece you need is going to pop up today as an alert and that it'll be at a time where you will be capable of finding it. The Vauban Helmet, according to the twitter tracker of the WarframeAlerts using the keyword 'vauban', has a range of 2 - 6 weeks. So after this alert from 10 hours ago, guess you've got 2 weeks to live your life. Then when those 2 weeks are over, now you get to spend the next month monitoring it constantly, because if you don't you'll miss it, and you get to start the process all over. Gee willikers, that's not bad at all! 

Heres an idea

Watch the alerts Via twitter or wherever they are and log in then if you can instead off just coplaining

He appears often enough that anyone can get him and there little RNG to it

See him on>run the easy probably lvl 15 mission to get him>profit

Your frustration is being misguided at RNG and myself it seems over something entirely controllable

I gotta say that i missed systems bp... i was sleeping at that hour... that's unfair for all of us. We can't stay awake and wait for it. Instead of an hour for the alert... i'd say more like 3-4 hours? So it will be fair for everyone.

Edited by Just4Games

My first thoughts on this were always: "What's wrong with waiting a bit? Unless he's the last thing for you to get in the game, surely there's always something else to be doing. Sure, he's an interesting frame but it's not like you can't have fun without him."

Then I came across people that had been waiting for months for an alert to be at an appropriate time, and experienced it first hand with the Pangolin Sword. That popped up just after I went to work/sleep 6 times in a month. And considering Vauban requires 3 alerts, and a Frame is slightly more significant than one ridiculously beautiful sword...

So, yeah. People saying it's fine how it is, consider how you'd feel if something you wanted was permanently just out of reach. Entirely out of your control. It's not a "Well play the game more/better/correctly" situation.

My first thoughts on this were always: "What's wrong with waiting a bit? Unless he's the last thing for you to get in the game, surely there's always something else to be doing. Sure, he's an interesting frame but it's not like you can't have fun without him."

Then I came across people that had been waiting for months for an alert to be at an appropriate time, and experienced it first hand with the Pangolin Sword. That popped up just after I went to work/sleep 6 times in a month. And considering Vauban requires 3 alerts, and a Frame is slightly more significant than one ridiculously beautiful sword...

So, yeah. People saying it's fine how it is, consider how you'd feel if something you wanted was permanently just out of reach. Entirely out of your control. It's not a "Well play the game more/better/correctly" situation.

https://www.facebook.com/WarframeAlerts

https://twitter.com/WarframeAlerts

Im sure there are more

Youre going to miss some

It will happen

But there are more alerts all around

Just watch for them

Check occasionally

Its not hard