Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"we're Going To Be Making Sure All Builds Are In Sync With Each Other"

(PSN)Shadow_Of_Hunhow

This is a massive step forward DE, and one that will make everyone happy. It also makes crossplay more of a reality, rather than some vague concept light years away.

What do you think of what they're doing and how they've been handling the proccess (slowing the updates down bit by bit so PS4 and Xbox1 can finally be on the same level)?

Edited by (PS4)SCP-100912

I think it would be a good idea to keep the PC version up 2 date. But make it a beta server. Like lols pbe server.

The main versions should stay in sync and then it could be worked on crossplat playing. Would be sweet as F***.

Downside would be that maybe only half the PC players would play on the synced version. But thats guessing.

Edited by sp33chle55

PC and console with never be on the same build realisticly because of things like cert processes and the way the updates work. PC they can say "oh noes this is broken, immediate hotfix" which they can't do for console. But then it means that once its fixed for PC, then consoles don't have to deal with potentially game breaking bugs because they would have to deal with it longer than those on PC. I've never understood the whole thing about wanting it at the same time. I know waiting a bit might suck, but PC players iron a lot of the game problems out (obviously console specific stuff we can't help with).

Under the context of the stream, I understand that this statement was specifically about the console builds. PC does not have the 'update approval process' by an almighty corp, so it would still be bleeding-edge ahead of the consoles. 

Edited by BrazilianJoe

all 3 being in sync?  well that would require dark sector ownership on all 3 platforms to be reset and ofc we would probably easily be able to tell mouse/keyboard players from controller players, most "controls" related feedback given tbh could be fixed by giving each platform the exact same controller support and adding mouse/keyboard support to the console versions making all 3 possible to use controller or mouse/keyboard.

This means that they are going to be hobbling PC updates until the slowest company (sony or microsoft) decides to release the updates? GG

Read previous posts. The builds in synch will be Xbone and PS4.

They winn not be in sync with PC.