Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mod Interface?

Glasglow

Wow, does it look like crap, and modding is such a major pain in the @$$.. ._.

Anyone else feels really uncomfortable with the new Mod interface ?

Would be great if they gave us the option to select our interface , and be able to change back to the old one ._.

Edited by Glasglow

As humans, we're supposed to feel uncomfortable with new things. Give it some time, and like me (and old-timer in terms of Warframe), you'll get used to it as well.

As humans, we're supposed to feel uncomfortable with new things. Give it some time, and like me (and old-timer in terms of Warframe), you'll get used to it as well.

I know, but it feels like they had no intent on making it user friendly, it feels all clumped and confusing to hell.

First of all, the mods are in two narrow lines at the bottom,  second of all, the new colors and stuff is confusing and its hard to distinguish which mod is ranked and which is fresh, unless you click on them and look at the percentages.

Third , there are no pictures, i would just look at the pictures or general color theme in the past and select my mods quickly, now i have to read every name - especially uncomfortable for new users ._.

Would be great if they gave us the option to select our interface , and be able to change back to the old one ._.

Edited by Glasglow

I'm going to agree with the others since we'll just have to get used to it. My main problem will be remembering the mods by name instead of visuals. Other than that it's a good improvement. (aside from maybe the horizontal scrolling)

change is good in our way of life - never become to used to one thing otherwise people will not adapt to change nor will they ever want it

its a step in the right directiong and it does infact clean up alot of stuff that posed a problem in game - tho i wish fusion / upgrading our mods got a little faster - but we just need to re-learn and we will be back to doing it super faster like we did before

its a step in the right direction and it does infact clean up alot of stuff that posed a problem in game - snip-

What was this 'problem' ?

And for those saying they are comfortable with the new mod interface, can you guys say why you feel comfortable with it / like it?

Edit : Personally, I'm on the fence with the new mod interface change. While it is pretty in design , I have to agree with OP that it feels more sluggish in terms of identifying the mods & scrolling through them feels weird.

Edited by Neah

What was this 'problem' ?

And for those saying they are comfortable with the new mod interface, can you guys say why you feel comfortable with it / like it?

Vertical work is more comfortable. The mods themselves show the exact same amount of stuff as before, but they take up less space now and I like that. General prettiness.

Much like in CCG's, the pictures made recognition easier and made the interface faster to use.  Now, we have no pics so we must rely on memorization of the names.  For this reason I do not like the new interface.

I see no point in having the pics if they are only seen on mouseover/selection.

yeah. i liked old one much more. i think current one is more for players with gamepad. it looks cool but very hard to use. 

an option to select mod interface would be very useful.

I really prefer the new summary dialogue as I add/change/move mods. It will also show you the upgrade following a fusion. It has made modding weapons a lot more interesting for me and it alone is worth the change. I like the color coding quite a bit.

There were a few tweaks and bug fixes mixed in with the upgrade. Namely if you add a fresh mod in the arsenal you don't need to exit to save the config before fusing and you don't have to exit once you add a reactor/catalyst. 

I like side scrolling a little less than vertical scrolling, but honestly not enough to offset the changes I like. 

I like the collapsed cards just fine, I can appreciate that some people may like the pictures better. 

minimized mods kills the experience... having to read names is bad... scrolling horizontally is annoying... mouseovering mods makes them change so drastically you simply have to stop what you were doing just to understand what the heck is going on...

my suggestion is, vertical mods list, no minimized mods, less color masks so we actually see the mod image we were used to see