Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Main Built, Need Some Advises :)

.Sam.

Question

Okay here is my Fram Built:

soon i will use forma to change the Aura slot to Madurai and replace Physique to Steel charge or maybe Naramon for Energy Siphon,
and another forma so i could max out all the other mods,
and i will replace ice waves for another mod,

4l6o2p.jpg

For My Primary:

i will use Forma or two to add more mod and max the rest,

ojjots.jpg

for secondary, i use despair but only using it when i bleed out :c

for my mele:

28722yw.jpg

so i need some advises to improve my built

and i want to know what is the best weapon vs infec with it's built.

14 answers to this question

Mods for firearms that add Physical damage (Piercing Hilt, Concussion Rounds, etc) are generally not worth it. It's better to replace them with any elemental mod.

And you don't want to use Overetended on Frost. It lowers the damage of his skills (and they are not exactly considered powerful) and weakens your Snow Globe, making it bigger at the same time - which allows enemies to get inside easier and shoot whatever you want to protect. If anything, Narrow Minded or Blind Rage would be better.

For having a Frost with a couple of Forma, I'd say honestly that Naramon for Energy Siphon is not worth it. In my experience you can easily get energy from other sources. Also, I personally prefer to not put range on Frost in general because larger bubbles are easier for enemies to penetrate in, and the slow doesn't expand with the bubble. My personal preference is to use Narrow Minded, actually. Otherwise the build looks good enough. Make sure to optimize your polarity placement, you could get an extra modding point by swapping Vitality and Redirection for instance.

On Latron Prime, replace Piercing Hit with either another element mod, Hammer Shot, Heavy Caliber or a bane mod. Ideally a suited element. 

Kronen looks OK. You could put Jagged Edge instead of Reach, honestly, it's isn't really a weapon which is good against multiple target, unless they're clustered. 

how i generally use Frost if Snowglobe is important to me for that Mission.

6JcKEcd.png

if i was to Polarize once more, i'd have a Polarity for Steel Fiber instead of Freeze.

don't mind Stretch, it's only there because i have the Range calculated to a very specific size for a particular reason. generally, you wouldn't use it.

though the Range does make IceWave more satisfying to use.

as for your Weapons, Impact/Puncture/Slash Mods are only good if you literally have nothing else to put there. any other Damage Mod beats them.

Hammershot on Latron Wraith will probably be nice to have, for more Damage and more Status.

and just keep in mind that your Channeling Mods only take effect if you're Channeling. as long as you're aware of that, go crazy. even though i'd prefer to use Elementals instead of Channeling Mods.

The only time I put Killing Blow or Channeling mods on my weapon is if I'm using it for Life Strike. Jump attack knockdown > channeled finisher can restore a lot of health on hit. Though in most cases it's better to pop some health restores. It's safer and faster.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

hmm,

the reason why i made the globe huge is when i go def against infec it's good to slowing all of them and to make ice wave tall but i will do decease the range a pit,

for vitality and Redirection... what i should remove and what i should keep?
for latron, is there any particular built i can use ? ( i don't mind using some forma )
gona replace the channeling mods in my mele, but with what ?    

and do guys have any ideas for some good secondary cuz i don't seem liking despair,

hmm,

the reason why i made the globe huge is when i go def against infec it's good to slowing all of them and to make ice wave tall but i will do decease the range a pit,

for latron, is there any particular built i can use ? ( i don't mind using some forma )

and do guys have any ideas for some good secondary cuz i don't seem liking despair,

Oh god. You dont bring Frost for Infested as that is conterproductive and annoying for other players.

Yes, Bubble slows down enemies but at the same time blocks shots from outside. And once Toxic Ancients start crawling around, you dont want to be near them ( they have nasty instakill attack ).

DO NOT BRING FROST FOR INFESTED! EVER!

Edited by RoboDoge

hmm,

Having a bigger snowglobe is certainly going to make it easier to maneuver around (it sucks to fight in a cramped globe), but the slow effect IS NOT affected by your globe size. Your globe has two components, the shell, and the freeze aura. Adding range mods increases the shell size, but the freezing wind within is not going to change. Overextended is NOT a good mod for Frost, because the reduced power strength will not only lower your globe's HP, but will make it an easier target for the enemy. Snow Globes are most effective with default range or less.

As for Vitality and Redirection, it's usually a better idea to go with Redirection only because if the enemy can't break your shield, they can't touch your health anyway. The only problem you might have is bleed status procs, but you're going to have to forgo something in the end.

As for Latron Prime, a generic critical build should do you fine. A rule of thumb, any weapon with 25% crit chance or higher should use a crit build.

- Serration

- Split Chamber

- Element 1

- Element 2

- Point Strike crit chance

- Vital Sense crit damage

- Bane of X Faction mod

- Any Utility (reload, recoil suppression, etc)

As for Kronen, a generic melee build should do.

- Fury

- Pressure Point

- Element 1

- Element 2

- Smite X Faction

- Optional Element / Life Strike / Spoiled Strike

Typically, channeling builds tend to be quite useless compared to full damage builds when it comes to generic melee. If you're running a melee with good crit chance, you can replace the last three slots with Organ Shatter, True Steel, and Berserker if you own it.

If you're looking for good secondary weapons, the Akimbo pistols are a pretty solid choice. Akvasto, Akbolto, and Akmagnus are three very good sidearms featuring high damage (base 50, roughly same as Despair), high fire rates (at least 2 or 3 times faster than Despair), and hitscan bullets.

EDIT: Psychosist gave some nice tips.

Frost: Take out Redirection/Vitality and replace it w/ something else. Also replace Overextend. It isn't great for defense, and can't be used for CC since the slow radius doesn't change. Rush is fine, but it can be replaced if you have a copter weapon. I also prefer Rejuvenation over Physique. 

Latron Wraith: Physical dmg mods, like Puncture, Slash, Impact, aren't great. Replace Piercing Hit with an elemental mod. Also, change up elementals based on Faction, just in case you didn't knew yet.

Kronen: Reach and Reflex Coil are fine, but I would much rather use Life Strike and a dmg mod for more end-game potential. Not a requirement, though, but please consider Life Strike.

Like I said, increasing Range does not increase the slow range, so it's not a good option at all.

AkBolto is almost at the same level, maybe even better (don;t remember) than a Boltor Prime. Just remember to use a macro. If you have the resources and a way to use macro to shoot, then I highly recommend it.

Brakk/Marelok are also top-tier secondaries. There are other good ones too, but those are the most popular choices.

Edited by Yazeth

Oh god. You dont bring Frost for Infested as that is conterproductive and annoying for other players.

Yes, Bubble slows down enemies but at the same time blocks shots from outside. And once Toxic Ancients start crawling around, you dont want to be near them ( they have nasty instakill attack ).

QTF

If I see a frost on my team in ODD ill ask specifically if his going to use globe. If the answer is yes... I leave...

Also, don't go running around plugging up all the doors with tiny Snowglobes. I've actually seen multiple Frosts do this, and all it does is slow down the kill rate and delay the inevitable since you can't shoot through the globes.  If you want to run this strategy, play Vauban instead.