Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Coptering Gone Too Far?

Azawarau

Zephyr is unused for this purpose because people are just going to copter and bypass that altogether like they currently do.

You know Zephyr is faster then coptering actually allot faster. :/

You need Valkyr max warcry, scolic, Berserk full stack, to copter faster then Zephyrs Tailwind 

Its funny how people complain about coptering when its basicly a nerfed version of Zephyrs tailwind. :/

Edited by Feallike

Zephyr is unused for this purpose because people are just going to copter and bypass that altogether like they currently do.

Of course, nothing beats coptering up into  midair reaching new heights and platforms.

Oh and are Excalibur, Rhino and Volt unused for this reason as well?

Edited by JacobLittle

Of course, nothing beats coptering up into the air reaching new heights and platforms.

Again wrong.

Coptering on Scolic will bring you half as far as Zephyr tailwind, at half the speed.

I am talking about Base Tailwind by the way.

Max Tailwind Duration is just as fast as Scoilic with Max Beserk stack, Max Warcry, max movement speed, and max attack speed.

Again wrong.

Coptering on Scolic will bring you half as far as Zephyr tailwind, at half the speed.

I am talking about Base Tailwind by the way.

Max Tailwind Duration is just as fast as Scoilic with Max Beserk stack, Max Warcry, max movement speed, and max attack speed.

That post was sarcastic :)

You know Zephyr is faster then coptering actually allot faster. :/

You need Valkyr max warcry, scolic, Berserk full stack, to copter faster then Zephyrs Tailwind 

Its funny how people complain about coptering when its basicly a nerfed version of Zephyrs tailwind. :/

Thats more practical to use in most missions since most times you wont be traveling upwards and doesnt cost energy

Also moves faster and more accurately across maps

For the record im entirely against coptering

Youre a mad Genius....

Edited by Azawarau

Coptering wouldn't bother me if it didn't look so ridiculous.

I've had non-players watch a round of Warframe and asking why the other team-members were glitch-flying across the map.

It looks dumb, really dumb. Which is a shame given how much effort the animation team put in and then see everyone chibi-air-running across the room into the far wall.

IMHO if it's now a first-class movement tactic it should look like one.

Coptering wouldn't bother me if it didn't look so ridiculous.

I've had non-players watch a round of Warframe and asking why the other team-members were glitch-flying across the map.

It looks dumb, really dumb. Which is a shame given how much effort the animation team put in and then see everyone chibi-air-running across the room into the far wall.

IMHO if it's now a first-class movement tactic it should look like one.

Most people I encounter in the game want to know how to do it, no one ever said it looks dumb... but I agree it is a first class way to move, I could deal with an animation for it only if they don't change anything els, only the look of it.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

This was possible since ages. With maxed Power Strenght, it will be even faster. (someone who mains Valkyr)

I also main Valkyr

That jump lacked intensify and quickening (useless mod aside from utility?)

Also my Blind rage is one level from max for utility reasons

I don't care what people say. I can have my own opinion. 

How we travel and actually travelling around the map are a significant part of gameplay. So much potential is wasted because much of the community has felt the need to be defensive and entitled over 'coptering' as a bug. 

It doesn't matter what fancy things DE can put into a ninja game for obstacles because people are just going to copter right over it. It's game-ruining and the single worst reason why this is no longer a ninja game in any form. They might as well stop adding small-scale obstacles since we can bypass ordinary travelling altogether at any point in time. Oh hey, a zipline, lets just copter right over!

Totally this.

Sure, going fast is fun. But no matter what DE puts into this game obstacle-wise, if it's not vertical, it will be a waste of time and resources because all players will do is copter right past it.

It's depressing. So many areas right now that look fun and intriguing to tackle using actual movement abilities are totally ignored thanks to coptering. Just one example is that huge gaping chasm in the corpus snow outpost tileset. Or perhaps that little platforming area in the Grineer asteroid base tilesets. Nope. All you gotta do is run, jump, hold forward, crouch, and attack. Skill? Challenge? Fun? Who needs that when you can just copter over it all?

Who I really feel for though, are the devs that work on these maps. They try to make cool and interesting obstacles for us, but for some asinine reason the main devs seem fit to keep an exploit like coptering in the game to bypass it all. I may tend to side with DE, but I'll never do so on this front.

Now with all that I stated, I WILL add that, if coptering was A: balanced (More stam usage, can't literally fly across a football field with it, etc) and B: given a better animation, I wouldn't be so extremely against it. But until that time comes, thumbs down.

Edited by SoulEchelon

I don't care what people say. I can have my own opinion. 

How we travel and actually travelling around the map are a significant part of gameplay. So much potential is wasted because much of the community has felt the need to be defensive and entitled over 'coptering' as a bug. 

It doesn't matter what fancy things DE can put into a ninja game for obstacles because people are just going to copter right over it. It's game-ruining and the single worst reason why this is no longer a ninja game in any form. They might as well stop adding small-scale obstacles since we can bypass ordinary travelling altogether at any point in time. Oh hey, a zipline, lets just copter right over!

Too bad DE confirmed that coptering is here to stay, so you might start getting used to it.

Most people I encounter in the game want to know how to do it, no one ever said it looks dumb... but I agree it is a first class way to move, I could deal with an animation for it only if they don't change anything els, only the look of it.

Fair points, it does look dumb though.  Whether you say it or not when pushed noone is going to tell you it looks really cool.

Sometimes bugs make a game.  Skiing in Tribes made it fun.  Coptering makes it fun for many people.

Removing fun is bad.  Realizing something is fun and allowing it to happen is good.  Sometimes it's the flavor of screwing up that allows a game not to screw up.

I've come to grips with coptering the same way I came to grips with 4-spammers. Take it as a challenge!

Before Nova got nerfed, I took joy in killing everything in the room with my gun before they got to press 4. All the same, it's fun to parkour through rooms with rush + maglev (useless, I know. But fun!) and race people that rely on coptering to get everywhere.

BUT, I do want coptering to get its own animation. So it looks intentional and we don't get waddling air-feet. Hard to take that seriously.

Edited by HolidayPi3

Look the way I see it coptering levels the mobility playing field for all frames. Even my slow Excal will keep up with the fastest frames with my Bo Prime in hand. I get some people hate it but it is useful. In a game where mobility is such a big issue/feature isn't leaving part of it's balance on the weapon side vs the frame side a good move?

Edited by TheGuy08

I've come to grips with coptering the same way I came to grips with 4-spammers. Take it as a challenge!

Before Nova got nerfed, I took joy in killing everything in the room with my gun before they got to press 4. All the same, it's fun to parkour through rooms with rush + maglev (useless, I know. But fun!) and race people that rely on coptering to get everywhere.

BUT, I do want coptering to get its own animation. So it looks intentional and we don't get waddling air-feet. Hard to take that seriously.

This is a good mindset to have. 

It's depressing. So many areas right now that look fun and intriguing to tackle using actual movement abilities are totally ignored thanks to coptering. Just one example is that huge gaping chasm in the corpus snow outpost tileset. Or perhaps that little platforming area in the Grineer asteroid base tilesets. Nope. All you gotta do is run, jump, hold forward, crouch, and attack. Skill? Challenge? Fun? Who needs that when you can just copter over it all?

Why is it so hard to comprehend that this is a part of rushing and not exclusive to copter alone? If they really want people to take in all of the map, they have to implement speed bumps otherwise people shall either dash, slide or fly through it.

Do you honestly think people that rush care about the environment, seeing everything. The same applies to other MMOs where there are people grinding to max level in a cave(dungeon) or very few areas to rush to max level.

Destiny already has max level players since day 1. Do you think they took the time to enjoy everything, see everything(go sightseeing), etc.? Do you think they "coptered" through everything?

Remember, copter is only a tool, not the issue.

Edited by JacobLittle