Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Qt+Rage Nerfed Back To Pre U-14

Monolake

Rage doesn't work in PvP anymore, so I guess that is some type of a nerf to QT. :D

Are you PvPing while noticing this?

No, in the normal game, in peeveepee everything works differently and should be left for its own forum

Edited by Monolake

It's a stupid nerf but whatever.

Rage and QT takes up 2+ mods slots and a lot more mod points. you'd survive just as long using redirection which is simpler anyway.

QT still works well with a few frames. Trinity can still use it to hurt herself with an explosive weapon and activate a full-strength Blessing (even though it was just nerfed), and Nekros can use that small window at 2hp to restore it with Desecrated health orbs that, with Equilibrium, will also restore energy. It's just that the window of safety for doing so is larger again. No defensive mod is a substitute for smart dodging and movement, anyway.

I actually think it was nerfed in the first place because of Blessing. Hmm.

Also, doesn't Rage not work with QT after the Rage + QT anyway because at 2hp, you're not considered to be taking damage and are therefore not restoring energy upon getting hit?

Edited by Noble_Cactus

It's 2.4 HP per energy (as intended) now instead of like 50.  

Actually 50 hp per energy would make more sense. You're telling me that a player gets 240 hp for 100 energy. I don't see why anyone at DE would have this intention. It's absolute garbage no matter how you look at it. Are you sure this is accurate?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Quick_Thinking

The point of this mod is to give frames that don't benefit enough from Redirection (Loki, Nova, Mirage, and others with low shield pools) but have high energy reserves an alternative defensive option to keep them alive when they make a mistake.  It's pretty clear that DE doesn't want players using this like a "mana shield" to tank hits.  This is for Loki to be able to survive the stray Napalm or Ancient attack, not become Rambo.  

It's a stupid nerf but whatever.

Rage and QT takes up 2+ mods slots and a lot more mod points. you'd survive just as long using redirection which is simpler anyway.

You have no idea how wrong you are.  My Nekros can could take a huge amount of dmg with QT+Rage+Equilibrium.  some #s for you math lovers.

My HP is 500 (no maxed vitalities :/) Energy at 300, maxed QT (240% energy to HP conversion), maxed Rage (40% of dmg on HP to energy).

assuming they tear through my HP and QT procs...  300(energy) X 2.4(QT) = 720 HP from QT using my energy.  Add Rage into the equation and...  720(QT HP) X .4(HP to energy buff) = 288 Energy.  288(Rage energy) X (2.4 QT) = 691.2 HP (round down to 691).  Add it all up... 691 + 720 + 500 = 1911 HP.  I have a 1,911 HP buffer that they have to tear through (not including dmg resistance from armor) before they can kill me.  When you find a redirection mod that can give me 1,911 extra shields (which don't increase effective HP because of no armor) then ya, it might be better.  So far we don't have anything like that though, so I'll stick to QT + Rage assuming it hasn't been nerfed too badly. 

You have no idea how wrong you are.  My Nekros can could take a huge amount of dmg with QT+Rage+Equilibrium.  some #s for you math lovers.

My HP is 500 (no maxed vitalities :/) Energy at 300, maxed QT (240% energy to HP conversion), maxed Rage (40% of dmg on HP to energy).

assuming they tear through my HP and QT procs...  300(energy) X 2.4(QT) = 720 HP from QT using my energy.  Add Rage into the equation and...  720(QT HP) X .4(HP to energy buff) = 288 Energy.  288(Rage energy) X (2.4 QT) = 691.2 HP (round down to 691).  Add it all up... 691 + 720 + 500 = 1911 HP.  I have a 1,911 HP buffer that they have to tear through (not including dmg resistance from armor) before they can kill me.  When you find a redirection mod that can give me 1,911 extra shields (which don't increase effective HP because of no armor) then ya, it might be better.  So far we don't have anything like that though, so I'll stick to QT + Rage assuming it hasn't been nerfed too badly. 

I don't even run Rage on Nekros anymore (just Flow + QT + Equilibrium) because it felt unnecessary, even if I summoned the occasional Shadows to provide a distraction. Only in the worst situations did I run out of energy, and even then there were usually a couple energy orbs laying around. Or I just popped an energy restore.

I'll try it tonight in my endless quest for not-Delta beacons, though.

Basically you die in 2 seconds vs lvl30s now, before you could tank them for half a minute. 

Wait, so what did DE do? Armor doesn't affect QT anymore? Did thay AGAIN reduce the "efficiency" of the mod?^^'

I actually think it was nerfed in the first place because of Blessing. Hmm.

WHAT? If this is true, then I'm sorry but the devs went crosseyed or completely forgot to use their brains there!

How dumb do you have to be NOT to realize/understand that QT can be VERY useful for other frames than Trinity?^^'

What the Hell is going on in Canada...

Wait, so what did DE do? Armor doesn't affect QT anymore? Did thay AGAIN reduce the "efficiency" of the mod?^^'

WHAT? If this is true, then I'm sorry but the devs went crosseyed or completely forgot to use their brains there!

How dumb do you have to be NOT to realize/understand that QT can be VERY useful for other frames than Trinity?^^'

What the Hell is going on in Canada...

De playing their own game oE1jX6r.gif It was probably an effort to reduce cheese strats like QT + Blessing, since De seems to be discouraging endless missions more and more each update.

-

I did 45 minutes on Nuovo tonight, which is just about the point where dodging/QT matters, and didn't really notice much of a difference. Though my enegy pool did get depleted from 300 to 0 in less than a second at one point, which was odd because nothing else did that even if I let myself get hit.

According to my tests Rage+QT after U14.07 worked kinda similar to old pre-nerf as you were getting some back conversion of energy via Rage even at 2hp

It was probably a mess up because it was never in the patchnotes, now its back to pre-U14  you get energy drained and that's it.

It wasnt cause of Trinity. You can still walk thru T4 with Trinity with no weapons just using Link and activating Blessing at 2hp.

Edited by Monolake

QT's efficiency got reduce by a whole lot but armor still affects it as proven by a test i did between valkyr and ash in a T3 exterminate. 

After 15 seconds of tanking shots from 4 gunners, 4 MOAs, and a handful of void grunts she feel to her knees and died. It was the first time my valkyr ever use a revive. Usually she doesn't die even if i tried to let her die.

Ash died too... like 5 sec in. He fell like a brick.

It's a bitter pill to swallow since i got use to running QT on some of my frames but now I think valkyr and trinity are some of the frames that can benefit from it the most.

It is for the best right? no frame should be immortal since it breaks the balance of the game. 

Edited by H.Katsura_999