Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anybody Seen Their Kubrow Free Roam?

noveltyhero

Question

19 answers to this question

yes but after the last hot fix it stopped. But the machanic was that if you went to your incubator. and his ESC then it would prompt your pup to wonder around some distance from its incubator and to the exact same animations only not in the incubator. I'm still waiting for them to fix this as well as give it real free roam like a real pet. Would love to see it sitting or curled up by the navigation comms.

yes but after the last hot fix it stopped. But the machanic was that if you went to your incubator. and his ESC then it would prompt your pup to wonder around some distance from its incubator and to the exact same animations only not in the incubator. I'm still waiting for them to fix this as well as give it real free roam like a real pet. Would love to see it sitting or curled up by the navigation comms.

Hmmm you seem to be correct! Pressed ESC by incubator numerous times and Almond just wouldn't budge! 

Relaying for a fix.

I've gotten my Kubrow to roam with 100% success rate.

You stand directly infront of the incubator, facing it, then press ESC. To get it to roam a second time, stand directly behind it facing slightly to the left hand side of the ship and press ESC again.

This lets the kubrow roam so it's sitting just on the edge of the ramp. Of course, if you go to the front end of the ship the ramp goes up and the kubrow with it. I've had some funny moments with my kubrow doing the sleep running while the ramp is up - it looked like it was stuck and trying to get out.

Not sure if it ever worked...

Prior to it being disabled with this hotfix you could trigger it by walking up to the Incubator so that the interact prompt was shown and accessing your Escape menu. After that the Kubrow would roam around a bit. It was something you had to trigger, not something on be default.