Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost On Infested Missions

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

The problem is that the Frame brings nothing to the table, even if the player is just making it worse.

I don't care that you dislike Nova. If you are using slowing enemies down as your justification them Nova does it better, and her method has additional benefits as well. Most people don't want them slowed down until high levels anyway, and using a globe at those levels is practically suicide anyway.

It really comes down to the player.

Sure Nova brings a lot to the table with Mprime and in sone cases AMD, but then so does frost if played right.

I don't condone spamming globes everywhere at any point, it is stupid.

But a well placed ice wave can neuter half a wave of enemies for a good 10 seconds, letting your boobeb climb back up on his pillar. A tanky build and a blind rage globe are invaluable in terms of reviving allies in the midst of infested swarms. And freeze is pretty good at stopping ancients from doing their bs ripline.

Personally I could bring just about any frame to any mission and play well with it.

Blame the player doing the stupid stuff in the match and not the frame.

Sure 80% of frosts in infested defense are terrible, but then again, in my experience 80% of players you meet in pubs are terrible.

Also, for reference this is the result of my ODD run as frost last night. Bear in mind that these guys were MR8 and 9, so not noobs.

c5KSA1Z.jpg

Edited by Sixty5

Nah, I just go AFK.

That Frost is doing all the work now while you sit there and leach. Just abort if you're not going to help.

Frost isn't the problem on defense missions it's Snow Globe. A lot of people, myself included, like to use explosive weapons and Snow Globe prevents this from happening. Use Avalanche instead, you can spam it for 25 energy precast killing lots of infested.

Most players with explosive weaponry spam all the time, a player like that is no better then the Frost player that spams snow globe.

It really comes down to the player.

Sure Nova brings a lot to the table with Mprime and in sone cases AMD, but then so does frost if played right.

I don't condone spamming globes everywhere at any point, it is stupid.

But a well placed ice wave can neuter half a wave of enemies for a good 10 seconds, letting your boobeb climb back up on his pillar. A tanky build and a blind rage globe are invaluable in terms of reviving allies in the midst of infested swarms. And freeze is pretty good at stopping ancients from doing their bs ripline.

Personally I could bring just about any frame to any mission and play well with it.

Blame the player doing the stupid stuff in the match and not the frame.

Sure 80% of frosts in infested defense are terrible, but then again, in my experience 80% of players you meet in pubs are terrible.

Yay someone understands :D

Edited by Postal_pat

That Frost is doing all the work now while you sit there and leach. Just abort if you're not going to help.

That's his problem.  He can solo if he wants to snow globe on infested missions. Even if he joins my game, if he uses snow globe then he will be soloing anyway. I am not going to deal with his crap, I am not going to baby sit him, and I am not going to abort for his sake either.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

That's his problem.  He can solo if he wants to snow globe on infested missions. Even if he joins my game, if he uses snow globe then he will be soloing anyway. I am not going to deal with his crap, I am not going to baby sit him, and I am not going to abort for his sake either.

How would he/she even know your preferences and why should they bend to your preferences because you think having some defence is useless. This is a team work game you've all got to co-operate which means you have to work with other people and their play style (abandoning at the sight of something you don't like is not a play style). Unless someone switches to solo they expect everyone in the mission to play and not just sit there leaching. If not for their sake then for your own sake before one of them reports you for leaching.

How would he/she even know your preferences

Common sense, critical thinking, and having at least one functioning brain cell capable of processing evidence.

and why should they bend to your preferences

Because the snow globe over the pod does nothing but make it more difficult to finish the mission safely.

Maybe you should learn to use other weapons besides launchers. I'm talking in general, not infested. Using Snow Globe in infested defenses is kinda stupid.

This thread is about infested only. My general load out is Soma + Angstrum + D. Nikana.

what about max narrowminded snowglobes since explosions still go through it? Or did they change that? Last time i solo'd an ODD it seemed to work for me though i didn't stay for the higher waves

The last time I played a ODD with a Snow Globe the Ogris rockets did not go through the Globe.  I personally love the max duration Snow Globes with a maxed Stretch...small enough to keep you safe (and cryopod) and prevent enemy's shooting you while they are inside the Globe.

The last time I played a ODD with a Snow Globe the Ogris rockets did not go through the Globe.  I personally love the max duration Snow Globes with a maxed Stretch...small enough to keep you safe (and cryopod) and prevent enemy's shooting you while they are inside the Globe.

I never really used stretch with narrowminded the time i decide to launcher the pod, then again, this was before that wallclimb repeat got removed and by then i just vauban'd it so i guess they changed it then =/

If you see a dumb frost in infested, get in the globe.

I was on Eris the other night and a Frost Prime was wrecking that mission with his tiny snowglobes. Was putting them over the doorways so enemies just ran right under them as slowly as possible.

Also, seeing a Frost doesn't automatically mean they are going to use Snowglobe, they have Avalanche. Although Ancients shrug Avalanche off like flicking a flea off of your arm honestly.

If you Snow Globe the pod or anywhere for that matter you rid yourself from outside fire support because fire support can not penetrate the globe. So if your not around you've effectively given them a shield while they tear the pod apart.

(Not calling you out specifically, just the 1st quote I grabbed)

All I read is "I'm afraid of the infested please dont make me get down off my perch to fight them."

Its a freaking snowglobe, it slows S#&$, its an ability, its @(*()$ getting used.

And there are plenty of ways to bypass the shield, if you dont know how its your fault not the Frosts.

Edited by Clone154769

All I read is "I'm afraid of the infested please dont make me get down off my perch to fight them."

Its a freaking snowglobe, it slows S#&$, its an ability, its @(*()$ getting used.

And there are plenty of ways to bypass the shield, if you dont know how its your fault not the Frosts.

Yea, we should all use melee and hug Toxic with their nasty one hit kill. It is idiotic to use Bubble without Narrowminded on Infested missions and there is no logic which can explain using normal sized Bubble on one,

And od enlighten me, what are the ways of bypassing Bubble projectile block?

@Clone154769 It has nothing to do about being afraid it's about being practical and being aware of your team mates and using their fire support, and as someone said earlier if your using "slowing them down" as a justification Nova will do that more efficiently and with the added benefit of blowing them up as well. Simply put, you use the right tool for the right job.  

Lots of abilities pass through the bubble, explosives can still damage through it.

My bubbles are max sized, I Dont really plop them on top of a point with infested but I'll wander off to some choke point and claim it, yes I concede that dropping on directly over the objective is foolish. So many people are just blindly complaining about them anywhere on an infested map.

I still havent died to the new Toxic Ancients and i get procced all the time, its far from a 1hit ko (its nasty though, I can imagine a lot of frames dying fast)

Edited by Clone154769

Lots of abilities pass through the bubble, explosives can still damage through it.

My bubbles are max sized, I Dont really plop them on top of a point with infested but I'll wander off to some choke point and claim it, yes I concede that dropping on directly over the objective is foolish. So many people are just blindly complaining about them anywhere on an infested map.

I still havent died to the new Toxic Ancients and i get procced all the time, its far from a 1hit ko (its nasty though, I can imagine a lot of frames dying fast)

So we should all setup our frames and weapons for one guy that wants to bring his max sized Bubble Frost in ODD? How wonderful.

New Toxic have 99% sure hit attack that can isnta kill you on any frame. I am not even sure whats are mechanics behind it, or is it a bug. You can dodge it, tho only if you are having luck and you are dodging something else when he strikes.

Edited by RoboDoge

A Bubble with narrow minded (no range increasing mods) can be quite useful (slow range larger than bubble), it gives a great area to melee. Also, Ice wave is great for slowing that huge group of ancients running at you.

He is not my first choice for infested, but I have fun using him and try to help out the team.

A Frost popping bubbles on the pod can be annoying as hell, especially since people seem to treat Frost like 3 and 4 are his only good abilities.

Had to tell a Frost once NOT to put Bubbles on the pod because I was running Vauban and it defeated the purpose of me throwing Vortex down if he was just going to do that.

I think the issue is indeed with the players who can't read the situation.  I tend to see what the team make-up is and prepare accordingly.

How would he/she even know your preferences and why should they bend to your preferences because you think having some defence is useless. This is a team work game you've all got to co-operate which means you have to work with other people and their play style (abandoning at the sight of something you don't like is not a play style). Unless someone switches to solo they expect everyone in the mission to play and not just sit there leaching. If not for their sake then for your own sake before one of them reports you for leaching.

It's common knowledge that you can't shoot inside the globe from outside. The frost player is basically saying I don't want you to play with me even though I went pub. I don't jump inside the damn thing either because I don't need to get blown up by 30 runners. All this only applies to infested missions anyway so not sure why you're getting butthurt when someone doesn't know their frame abilities and how they hinder mission progression.