Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Ordeal [Invite Only] Earth-Lids

MetroFallout

"One down, do you want to pursue or just let them leave?" asked Anastasia, placing the nocked arrow back into its quiver before sliding down the tree trunk.

"We're fine for now. Just made a couple of Grineer run for their lives. Take your time and try not to get shot down."

Stork glanced out of cover, making sure that her enemy radar accurately reported that the Grineer were in full retreat. "Well... I don't think we could take them down before they got within range of the base's turrets. We'd just get shredded." She stepped fully out of cover, and walked over to the dead Napalm to yank out the arrows, and take an ammo pack to top off her supply. "Thanks," she nodded to Anastasia formally, her voice still a bit shaky as she handed over the arrows. "Who were you talking to?"

Stork glanced out of cover, making sure that her enemy radar accurately reported that the Grineer were in full retreat. "Well... I don't think we could take them down before they got within range of the base's turrets. We'd just get shredded." She stepped fully out of cover, and walked over to the dead Napalm to yank out the arrows, and take an ammo pack to top off her supply. "Thanks," she nodded to Anastasia formally, her voice still a bit shaky as she handed over the arrows. "Who were you talking to?"

"Another Tenno." said Anastasia simply, collapsing her bow and placing it on the small of her back again under her cloak. "She's coming in to help. Hopefully, she won't get shot down like I did."

"Another Tenno." said Anastasia simply, collapsing her bow and placing it on the small of her back again under her cloak. "She's coming in to help. Hopefully, she won't get shot down like I did."

"Alright," Stork untensed slightly, but still kept a firm grip on her Latron. A minute passed while she shifted nervously, looking towards the Grineer base and thinking.

"Anastasia," she began, glancing towards her. "I can't go back to the Lotus until my mission is done, but without the element of surprise... I'm not sure I can do it alone."

"Alright," Stork untensed slightly, but still kept a firm grip on her Latron. A minute passed while she shifted nervously, looking towards the Grineer base and thinking.

"Anastasia," she began, glancing towards her. "I can't go back to the Lotus until my mission is done, but without the element of surprise... I'm not sure I can do it alone."

"You need help, correct? Say no more. I will help you. Only if you could help me in return." Said Anastasia, looking at the Zephyr.

"You need help, correct? Say no more. I will help you. Only if you could help me in return." Said Anastasia, looking at the Zephyr.

Stork hesitated, wary of indebting herself to someone she'd just met. "I brought my Liset," she suggested carefully, "if it's transport you need, I'll certainly take you wherever you need after I report to the Lotus."

Stork hesitated, wary of indebting herself to someone she'd just met. "I brought my Liset," she suggested carefully, "if it's transport you need, I'll certainly take you wherever you need after I report to the Lotus."

"What I need isn't physical. Rather, it's mental in nature." Said Anastasia, taking a deep breath in preparation for pain, she checked her injuries to see if they've gotten worse. Sighing relief that they haven't she took off her helmet and looked over at Stork with a smile.

"What I need isn't physical. Rather, it's mental in nature." Said Anastasia, taking a deep breath in preparation for pain, she checked her injuries to see if they've gotten worse. Sighing relief that they haven't she took off her helmet and looked over at Stork with a smile.

Stork's stance shifted subtly towards the defensive. "I'm not sure I know what you mean, Anastasia."

Stork's stance shifted subtly towards the defensive. "I'm not sure I know what you mean, Anastasia."

Anastasia chuckled. "Of course you don't... you weren't there. Let me put it to you this way. I wasn't always called Anastasia. My previous, true name was Lia. I changed it after my death and subsequent rebirth." She said, her smile fading slightly.

Anastasia chuckled. "Of course you don't... you weren't there. Let me put it to you this way. I wasn't always called Anastasia. My previous, true name was Lia. I changed it after my death and subsequent rebirth." She said, her smile fading slightly.

Stork took a small step back, no longer sure what to think of Anastasia... Lia? "I'm not one for metaphor, Anastasia," she stated guardedly, "or... duplicity. If you're just toying with me, I think we both have better things to do." She could kill me if she wanted to.

Edited by SnaleKing

Stork took a small step back, no longer sure what to think of Anastasia... Lia? "I'm not one for metaphor, Anastasia," she stated guardedly, "or... duplicity. If you're just toying with me, I think we both have better things to do." She could kill me if she wanted to.

"Do not be afraid, I would never harm a fellow Tenno unless they gave me cause to." said Anastasia, noting Stork's nervousness. "But yes. I was killed by another Tenno by his sword when we ended up disagreeing on a matter... Well I guess killed isn't the right word. It was more assisted suicide because of a mistake I made and us disagreeing over it. Of course, I survived that. Otherwise I wouldn't be standing in front of you and talking right now. In a sense, it wasn't really dying and getting reborn I suppose but that's how I saw it. I'm a changed person after the experience."

Jawol, unit 9

Process initializing. . .

Goal: Espionage and assassination of target Tal'rek Galran, officer of the Grineer base in E.Prime, head of Albus Company.

Loki, Invisibility............ Active.   Volt, Speed.......... Active.    Ash, Bladestorm.......... Active.    Zephyr, Tailwind.......... Active

Energy levels: 100% Armor Integrity: 100% Optics: Clear  Stealth: Engaged

All Systems nominal, proceeding with objectives.

Environment Analysis: Humid Jungle, timid fauna, Kubrow infestation present......

Atmospheric anomaly detected: Excessive Plasma Burn... too large for meteorite, ship activity confirmed, burn up chances negligible, Grineer examination team likely, adding to list of examination.

Jawol crouched low within the brush of the jungle as it watched the Pod crash through the canopy it's head tilting slightly, as it moved swiftly like a Jaguar through the trees and across the branches it's shifted body morphed more to the environment than it's previous shell. It came to rest atop a thick branch as shots rang through the air. Before several Kubrow retreated quickly on the ground below.

Weapon activity, Medium class firearm, Latron Tenno firearm. Deterring predatory species, likely in self-defense subject of shots likely injured in crash will be vulnerable to strike team. Jawol jumped to the next branch in line weaving through the great limbs of the orokin trees diving through the lush leaves without so much as a single one dropping from it's place.

It was quickly approaching the grineer base of Albus company when more shots rang out across the jungle this time there were mixed barks from several weapons. Grineer search party detected Gorgon fire present, likely encountered Tenno will likely improve security around perimeter objectives updated.

Jawol climbed high into the trees his body twisting and contorting as his claws found purchase in the trunk working in a spiral upwards towards the top of the gigantic tree. Finding a perch where he could overlook the Grineer base and still be hidden from their sensors thanks to the excessive brush, Jawol crouched down on the branch, a nest of birds sat next to his perch the sound of chicks peeping from inside. Avians detected, adding to investigation list after other goals would like to determine species, examine coloration, amount, perhaps mark and collect for preservation.

In the darkness of the jungle approximately a mile from a Grineer base, buried in deep vegetation a Tenno Cyropod began to stur, and no sooner did it begin to move did the hatch come flying through the vegetation and into the nearby trees.

Out stepped a Rhino Prime who oddly enough wore the Thaark helmet rather then the traditional Prime helmet. His armor was a fine shade of white, the markings and streaks on his helmet and torso were blue and gold. A cape adorned his back, yet possessed sleeves as if it were a jacket. They swayed along as the Rhino moved. The jacket colored in a similar manner to his own armor, bearing various Tenno symbols across the back, it was likely entirely of his own design. He stretched and flexed his arms, trying to loosen his body up and get the blood flowing after being in cyrosleep for Lotus knows how long.

"Infernal contraption. Malfunctioning so easily." After taking in his surroundings the Rhino Prime could only scratch his helmet, he had no idea where he was, it didn't seem like anyone was nearby. "I wonder if this planet is inhabited, it is rather beautiful. If there are others I need to get their attention."

The Rhino would kneel for a moment, and then released a Roar, loud and powerful. It's sound would echo though the forest, hopefully someone would hear it.

Edited by MasterDread

"Do not be afraid, I would never harm a fellow Tenno unless they gave me cause to." said Anastasia, noting Stork's nervousness. "But yes. I was killed by another Tenno by his sword when we ended up disagreeing on a matter... Well I guess killed isn't the right word. It was more assisted suicide because of a mistake I made and us disagreeing over it. Of course, I survived that. Otherwise I wouldn't be standing in front of you and talking right now. In a sense, it wasn't really dying and getting reborn I suppose but that's how I saw it. I'm a changed person after the experience."

In the darkness of the jungle approximately a mile from a Grineer base, buried in deep vegetation a Tenno Cyropod began to stur, and no sooner did it begin to move did the hatch come flying through the vegetation and into the nearby trees.

Out stepped a Rhino Prime who oddly enough wore the Thaark helmet rather then the traditional Prime helmet. His armor was a fine shade of white, the markings and streaks on his helmet and torso were blue and gold. A cape adorned his back, yet possessed sleeves as if it were a jacket. They swayed along as the Rhino moved. The jacket colored in a similar manner to his own armor, bearing various Tenno symbols across the back, it was likely entirely of his own design. He stretched and flexed his arms, trying to loosen his body up and get the blood flowing after being in cyrosleep for Lotus knows how long.

"Infernal contraption. Malfunctioning so easily." After taking in his surroundings the Rhino Prime could only scratch his helmet, he had no idea where he was, it didn't seem like anyone was nearby. "I wonder if this planet is inhabited, it is rather beautiful. If there are others I need to get their attention."

The Rhino would kneel for a moment, and then released a Roar, loud and powerful. It's sound would echo though the forest, hopefully someone would hear it.

Stork tipped her head forward and tightened her grip on the Latron, not reassured by Anastasia's ramblings. "Are you going to help me, or not," she started slowly, "and, if so, what do you want in exchange?" Before getting Anastasia's answer, Stork jumped visibly at the roar. "The Void was that?" she glanced about, taking a half-step towards the nearest cover and raising her Latron.

Edited by SnaleKing

Stork tipped her head forward and tightened her grip on the Latron, not reassured by Anastasia's ramblings. "Are you going to help me, or not," she started slowly, "and, if so, what do you want in exchange?" Before getting Anastasia's answer, Stork jumped visibly at the roar. "The Void was that?" she glanced about, taking a half-step towards the nearest cover and raising her Latron.

"What I need could wait. I recognise that sound as the call of a Tenno. A wielder of the Rhino Warframe." said Anastasia, her hand reaching for her bow. "Sounds close too. Be ready, we don't know their intentions."

Edited by MetroFallout

"What I need could wait. I recognise that sound as the call of a Tenno. A wielder of the Rhino Warframe." said Anastasia, her hand reaching for her bow. "Sounds close too. Be ready, we don't know their intentions."

"I could say the same of you," Stork remarked, moving towards cover, and setting her enemy radar to detect Tenno.

"I could say the same of you," Stork remarked, moving towards cover, and setting her enemy radar to detect Tenno.

"Rest assured that I am on your side Stork. If I wanted to kill you, I'd have made my move a long time ago." said Anastasia, following suit. "Besides, you did save me from getting eaten."

The Rhino would continue walking, lost in the vast forest. "What if the entire planet was like this?" He thought, how would he ever leave? The Rhino Prime spotted two figures moving ahead of him, they weren't too close but he could at least tell there was movement.

"Is someone there? Be you friend? I am not armed, just a little lost." He wasn't entirely sure if what he was speaking to could even respond, he could only hope so, and also that whatever they were, they were not hostile.

"Rest assured that I am on your side Stork. If I wanted to kill you, I'd have made my move a long time ago." said Anastasia, following suit. "Besides, you did save me from getting eaten."

Stork remained silent, deciding to focus on the potential threat instead of bantering with this somewhat delusional Tenno; she didn't turn her back to Lia as she silently moved further into the underbrush.

The Rhino would continue walking, lost in the vast forest. "What if the entire planet was like this?" He thought, how would he ever leave? The Rhino Prime spotted two figures moving ahead of him, they weren't too close but he could at least tell there was movement.

"Is someone there? Be you friend? I am not armed, just a little lost." He wasn't entirely sure if what he was speaking to could even respond, he could only hope so, and also that whatever they were, they were not hostile.

Stork's ears twitched in her helmet as she heard the voice. and turned towards its location, searching for its source. "Are you Tenno?" She shouted towards him, keeping her Latron at the ready.

-snip-

Jawol's head perked a bit as his mechanical ears swiveled around detection of power surge source........ Cryopod, sound source Tenno Rhino varient male, Power execution Roar. A voice sounded through Jawol's head, "Leave it Jawol focus on your mission, going to chase some Tenno before you've completed your main objective will only result in failure." 'Acknowledged' "Good, don't disappoint me Jawol."

Jawol let his head fall again to rest on the branch listening to all the things around as well as watching the grineer camp.

Ismiri flew into the atmosphere of Earth. She didn't get caught by the gunship. Eventually, she ejected from her Liset. She carried her Nikana, Lex Pistol, and modified Braton. The Braton, had its carry handle removed.

The Banshee dropped down to the surface. She unholstered the Braton, ready to go.

"I hope I am not too late." She thought.

She proceeded to the distress beacon.

Stork remained silent, deciding to focus on the potential threat instead of bantering with this somewhat delusional Tenno; she didn't turn her back to Lia as she silently moved further into the underbrush.

Stork's ears twitched in her helmet as she heard the voice. and turned towards its location, searching for its source. "Are you Tenno?" She shouted towards him, keeping her Latron at the ready.

"Yes, I have just woken from cyrosleep. What planet are we on? Are you Tenno as well?" The Rhino did remember he was a Tenno, a great warrior who had been sleeping for a very long time.

"Yes, I have just woken from cyrosleep. What planet are we on? Are you Tenno as well?" The Rhino did remember he was a Tenno, a great warrior who had been sleeping for a very long time.

"Yes, we are Tenno. You're on Earth." said Anastasia, lowering Stork's Latron and looking at her. "He's not a threat. Just a newly hatched Tenno."

"Yes, we are Tenno. You're on Earth." said Anastasia, lowering Stork's Latron and looking at her. "He's not a threat. Just a newly hatched Tenno."

Stork pulled her Latron away from Anastasia's hand, giving her a mean glance before turning to the Rhino. A newly awoken Tenno was a very vulnerable and malleable individual, something an agent of the Lotus had to handle carefully. "Do you remember your name? A callsign, maybe?"

Stork pulled her Latron away from Anastasia's hand, giving her a mean glance before turning to the Rhino. A newly awoken Tenno was a very vulnerable and malleable individual, something an agent of the Lotus had to handle carefully. "Do you remember your name? A callsign, maybe?"

"My name... Is Caldor. I know what I am, and what our purpose is. But I'm sure much has changed while I slept. What are Tenno doing here on Earth? Are there more of us here?"

Caldor was full of questions, he wanted as many answers as possible. He didn't know how much had changed while the Tenno slept. Did they have new allies? New enemies? If so who were they?

Edited by MasterDread

Another 3 shots, Another arrow. Cado screamed as the the shots rang out, his screams silenced as an Arrow impaled his head but not before he fired off one more shot off from his Orgis at the sound of howling winds in the trees.

"FALL BACK! FALL BACK!" shouted Kera as she carried Ulfe off to back to base, still firing her Gorgon at the trees and the direction of the arrows and the winds, her bullets lightning up a brilliant firey orange. Ranos covering her with a similar aim.

Jawol lifted it's head registering a small group of Grineer returning to the base. Optics zooming in, it saw three soldiers one being carried upon anothers back, 'Fireteam returned likely to send another to look for tenno increased to 85% estimated mission difficulty reduction 40% will be reduced in numbers but high alert due to tenno presence.'

Edited by Astralin