Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Ordeal [Invite Only] Earth-Lids

MetroFallout

Ismiri looked around the multiple orange auras around the trees and other objects.

She did notice some rustling around further back. Visual disturbances as well as hearing the loud trudging from their current location. She pinged Anastasia, Stork, and Caldor.

"Marines approaching. An estimate of few, possibly more. Be ready." Ismiri noted.

She layed flat on the ground, with her Braton at the ready.

"Understood. Hang back and wait for us to engage." said Anastasia, unnocking the arrow and climbing up a tree to get a vantage point before staying completely still.

Stork immediately leapt into a tree when the Sonar showed incoming hostiles, and trained her Latron on the nearest Bombard. "Copy that,  Ismiri. That's a lot of firepower..." Stork took a moment to think of a decent strategy; if Caldor exposed himself now, the heavies and Scorches would melt him in seconds, no matter how tough he was. "We need to split their fire and disrupt them before Caldor presents himself as a target." Stork dropped a waypoint on the ground, about thirty meters along the path the Grineer were headed. "When they get there, me and Ismiri will focus down the closest bombard, and Anastasia will peg the next one. A couple seconds after they're focused spraying shots into the canopy, Caldor charges and Anastasia does whatever she can to keep him alive."

Stork took a deep breath, trying to stop her shaking hands from ruining her aim. "I-if everyone copies that, ready up."

Stork immediately leapt into a tree when the Sonar showed incoming hostiles, and trained her Latron on the nearest Bombard. "Copy that,  Ismiri. That's a lot of firepower..." Stork took a moment to think of a decent strategy; if Caldor exposed himself now, the heavies and Scorches would melt him in seconds, no matter how tough he was. "We need to split their fire and disrupt them before Caldor presents himself as a target." Stork dropped a waypoint on the ground, about thirty meters along the path the Grineer were headed. "When they get there, me and Ismiri will focus down the closest bombard, and Anastasia will peg the next one. A couple seconds after they're focused spraying shots into the canopy, Caldor charges and Anastasia does whatever she can to keep him alive."

Stork took a deep breath, trying to stop her shaking hands from ruining her aim. "I-if everyone copies that, ready up."

"That can be arranged, we'll flank them on both sides. Ismiri, on my side. Stork, you're on Caldor's side. Get to your positions and we'll wait till we've surrounded them before we attack." said Anastasia, drawing her bowstring back and taking aim.

"That can be arranged, we'll flank them on both sides. Ismiri, on my side. Stork, you're on Caldor's side. Get to your positions and we'll wait till we've surrounded them before we attack." said Anastasia, drawing her bowstring back and taking aim.

"Understood. I will move in on your signal." Caldor responded. He was taking note of the Sonar's effect. Revealing weakness, hidden targets. Caldor had his own plan to separate the grineer forces, but the bombards had to go first. "Let them move in just a little further, I've got an idea."

The Grineer began to move closer to the Tenno, Caldor may hear the thudding boots, crushed branches and the whisperings of the Grineer Tongue. all of them dripping with caution and bravery masking the sweat of fear.

Meanwhile Jawol's adventure takes him past the bathrooms, crew quarters, several armouries and finally the Command Centre where Kera has all security measures activated, everything from the turrets to the kitchen sink being rigged with a trip mine.

Edited by Drakeardian

The Grineer began to move closer to the Tenno, Caldor may hear the thudding boots, crushed branches and the whisperings of the Grineer Tongue. all of them dripping with caution and bravery masking a

Meanwhile Jawol's adventure takes him past the bathrooms, crew quarters, several armouries and finally the Command Centre where Kera has all security measures activated, everything from the turrets to the kitchen sink being rigged with a trip mine.

The Grineer were close enough now. The garrison advancing slowly below. Caldor could see weak points in the grineer, their armor, bodies, the formation of their units all thanks to the Sonar. Now was the time to strike.

Caldor leaped from his perch in the tree, descending to the floor below and to his enemies. Caldor would allow the speed of his decent coupled with his immense physical strength to crator into the Grineer.

As his feet met the ground they caused a small quake, the ground around him crumbled, cracked, and upheaved. Those around him were knocked off their feet. He wasted no time going on the attack, striking the Grineer in the weak points indicated by the Sonar. The Grineer's armor cracked, their bones would break as they were smashed and tossed into nearby trees.

Caldor gripped the nearby tree and with a strong push completely knocked it over. He would repeat this a few more times as the falling trees would force the Grineer forces to scatter and break formation. Caldor shouted out to his comrades as he took cover. "Their ranks are broken and their men scattered, attack them now!"

Edited by MasterDread

The Grineer were close enough now. The garrison advancing slowly below. Caldor could see weak points in the grineer, their armor, bodies, the formation of their units all thanks to the Sonar. Now was the time to strike.

Caldor leaped from his perch in the tree, descending to the floor below and to his enemies. Caldor would allow the speed of his decent coupled with his immense physical strength to crator into the Grineer.

As his feet met the ground they caused a small quake, the ground around him crumbled, cracked, and upheaved. Those around him were knocked off their feet. He wasted no time going on the attack, striking the Grineer in the weak points indicated by the Sonar. The Grineer's armor cracked, their bones would break as they were smashed and tossed into nearby trees.

Caldor gripped the nearby tree and with a strong push completely knocked it over. He would repeat this a few more times as the falling trees would force the Grineer forces to scatter and break formation. Caldor shouted out to his comrades as he took cover. "Their ranks are broken and their men scattered, attack them now!"

"Could have waited a bit longer but this is fine too." Said Anastasia, firing an arrow at a Bombard. "Stork, Ismiri, engage at your leisure."

The Grineer began to move closer to the Tenno, Caldor may hear the thudding boots, crushed branches and the whisperings of the Grineer Tongue. all of them dripping with caution and bravery masking a 

Jawol peeked through the vent cover as his radar pinged very close, looking into the room that was underneath him taking in all that was present as he began to process the situation formulating several hundred plans some involving fighting to get what he wanted but some tasked in avoiding combat if at all possible.

"Could have waited a bit longer but this is fine too." Said Anastasia, firing an arrow at a Bombard. "Stork, Ismiri, engage at your leisure."

Ismiri gave short, sharp responses with her Braton. Her mind was tranquil with music in her mind, as the scene of war came about. While Caldor seemed destructive in nature, he was doing his job.

She threw out amounts of varying volleys, ranging from small sharp notes to longer pieces. Suppressing fire, wasn't going to lass too long as sixty rounds wasn't going to last long due to the Braton's insatiable appetite for consumption.

Out in the deeps of the massive forest another life form moved, a Tenno, it travelled through the high tops of the tree crowns and branches like a blur. Drawn to the alarm of battle it settled on a thick tree branch out of view for the combatants. 'Interesting' The Tenno thought as she remained hidden and watched the battle with growing interest. 

Stork took a sharp breath, and held it while firing a three-round burst at the Bombard nearest the one that Anastasia had shot dead. She panned her Latron horizontally, trying to spray his chestplate and arms, but instead the salvo was too high; the first went over his left shoulder,the last one over his right, but the second bullet burrowed straight through the helmet's lens into the Bombard's skull. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, Stork quickly and quietly redeployed to another position, away from where her Latron's report had revealed her to be.

The shouts of the Grineer, the shots of Tenno rifles and the cries of death only brought more Grineer boots trampling and crunching branches towards the Tenno, The Ignis rifles of the Sorchers lit up in the forest as they burnt their way though mud, leaves and kubrows to get to their comrades, shots rang out Lancers fired their Karaks and Gratakas at the Tenno!

Meanwhile Kera was still barking orders at the remaining soldiers in the base.

"I WANT A FULL SWEEP OF THIS BASE! PERO! HAVE A SECURITY TEAM PATROL THE OUTSIDE PERIMETER OF THE BASE! PREPARE THE HANGER FOR THE COUNCILOR'S ARRIVAL! AND FIND OUT WHERE THOSE GATE GUARDS GOT TO!

Jawol may be in for an interesting hour. The base's map was projected on a holographic screen for Kera to check on. Each base guard was marked with a Orange Triangle.

The shouts of the Grineer, the shots of Tenno rifles and the cries of death only brought more Grineer boots trampling and crunching branches towards the Tenno, The Ignis rifles of the Sorchers lit up in the forest as they burnt their way though mud, leaves and kubrows to get to their comrades, shots rang out Lancers fired their Karaks and Gratakas at the Tenno!

"I WANT A FULL SWEEP OF THIS BASE! PERO! HAVE A SECURITY TEAM PATROL THE OUTSIDE PERIMETER OF THE BASE! PREPARE THE HANGER FOR THE COUNCILOR'S ARRIVAL! AND FIND OUT WHERE THOSE GATE GUARDS GOT TO!

Jawol may be in for an interesting hour. The base's map was projected on a holographic screen for Kera to check on. Each base guard was marked with a Orange Triangle.

The rifle rounds impacted against her shield and knocked the wind out Anastasia from the continued assault on her body.

"Oof! So that's how bullets feel when they hit you." she thought as she jumped out of view and behind cover to fire another arrow at a Grineer Lancer.

Jawol tilted it's head at the projection taking a picture of the base. He would then crawl forwards in the vents 'deploying remote hack tool' a small chip flitted out of the side of his tail which he delicately slid through the vent and pointed towards the console before it launched off silently attaching to a shadowed part of the display. He would then retract his tail and begin crawling towards the Hanger bay. During his travel Jawol used the chip to begin a remote hacking routine in order to download a map of the entire base and all the monitored guards. Thankfully his current set-up was kited specifically towards infiltration and subterfuge making the firewalls that much easier and it's not like he was trying to grab any files just watch in on the patrols and get a layout of the entire base. Once he reached a vent over-looking the hanger he simply laid to rest in the shaft watching and waiting for his target to appear.

"I WANT A FULL SWEEP OF THIS BASE! PERO! HAVE A SECURITY TEAM PATROL THE OUTSIDE PERIMETER OF THE BASE! PREPARE THE HANGER FOR THE COUNCILOR'S ARRIVAL! AND FIND OUT WHERE THOSE GATE GUARDS GOT TO!

It seemed the battle was going in their favor. Caldor's method to divide the Grineer forces seemed to be working. But now the grineer had reinforcements, they would be surrounded soon.

"So they called in the cavalry eh? Troublesome..." Caldor didn't have time to formulate a plan as a squad of scorchers lined up and sprayed a blazing inferno into his cover, forcing him to fall back. Heavy Gunners and Lancers alike chipping away his Iron Skin in a hail of bullets.

Caldor retreated back to his comrades, kneeling behind a tree. "This is bad, I don't believe we are equipped to handle this many. I might have another plan. But I need their attention off of me so I can get close enough. My Iron Skin can't take much more damage."

Edited by MasterDread

Ismiri could feel the heat from inside her suit, as the trees were blackened and scorched by the fire around them. In addition to the fire was the spray of bullets, from the Karak and Grakata rifles. A couple bullets had pinged against her shield, with a few grazing against her helmet. The Grineer retorts were violent and aggressive.

She casted Silence, in order to at least prevent some incoming gunfire coming their way. With that, she ran to Caldor, who was hiding behind a tree.

"What is your idea?" Ismiri said a bit loudly, just enough for him to hear. "The Grineer will burn this forest down with us in the ashes. We better act  quickly."

The rifle rounds impacted against her shield and knocked the wind out Anastasia from the continued assault on her body.

"Oof! So that's how bullets feel when they hit you." she thought as she jumped out of view and behind cover to fire another arrow at a Grineer Lancer.

It seemed the battle was going in their favor. Caldor's method to divide the Grineer forces seemed to be working. But now the grineer had reinforcements, they would be surrounded soon.

"So they called in the cavalry eh? Troublesome..." Caldor didn't have time to formulate a plan as a squad of scorchers lined up and sprayed a blazing inferno into his cover, forcing him to fall back. Heavy Gunners and Lancers alike chipping away his Iron Skin in a hail of bullets.

Caldor retreated back to his comrades, kneeling behind a tree. "This is bad, I don't believe we are equipped to handle this many. I might have another plan. But I need their attention off of me so I can get close enough. My Iron Skin can't take much more damage."

Ismiri could feel the heat from inside her suit, as the trees were blackened and scorched by the fire around them. In addition to the fire was the spray of bullets, from the Karak and Grakata rifles. A couple bullets had pinged against her shield, with a few grazing against her helmet. The Grineer retorts were violent and aggressive.

She casted Silence, in order to at least prevent some incoming gunfire coming their way. With that, she ran to Caldor, who was hiding behind a tree.

"What is your idea?" Ismiri said a bit loudly, just enough for him to hear. "The Grineer will burn this forest down with us in the ashes. We better act  quickly."

Stork sighted one of the Scorches, and fired two rounds, one shattering his kneecap and the other splintering his femur. "I'll follow your lead, Caldor," she acknowledged while quickly repositioning. "And Ismiri, this jungle's far too wet for a fire to spread, or the Grineer wouldn't have bothered with the Cicero toxins."

Stork sighted one of the Scorches, and fired two rounds, one shattering his kneecap and the other splintering his femur. "I'll follow your lead, Caldor," she acknowledged while quickly repositioning. "And Ismiri, this jungle's far too wet for a fire to spread, or the Grineer wouldn't have bothered with the Cicero toxins."

Jawol tilted it's head at the projection taking a picture of the base. He would then crawl forwards in the vents 'deploying remote hack tool' a small chip flitted out of the side of his tail which he delicately slid through the vent and pointed towards the console before it launched off silently attaching to a shadowed part of the display. He would then retract his tail and begin crawling towards the Hanger bay. During his travel Jawol used the chip to begin a remote hacking routine in order to download a map of the entire base and all the monitored guards. Thankfully his current set-up was kited specifically towards infiltration and subterfuge making the firewalls that much easier and it's not like he was trying to grab any files just watch in on the patrols and get a layout of the entire base. Once he reached a vent over-looking the hanger he simply laid to rest in the shaft watching and waiting for his target to appear.

The Scorcher who was shot by Ismiri was assisted by gunfire in Stork's former direction by one lancer while the rest laid down suppressive fire on the Remaining Tenno!

Jawol would find himself waiting a long hour before a Transport ship arrived at the Hanger, Kera suddenly arriving as the ship landed. it's doors opened and Councillor Ta'lek Galren had arrived

"Councillor Galren"

"Commander Theyos, How is life after Gradvius?"

"Not to bad, bit too boring. I assume you have the buzloks sir?"

"You will have them shortly, in the meantime my men shall do an inspection of the base"

"Is that necessary sir?" 

"Are you questioning a Councillor of the Queens Commander?" Asked Galren, 

Jawol may noticed his guards were not just lancers, they had armour and cybernetics similar to those of the G3 and Lich Krell. They carried the Buzlocks and 2 of them were transporting a whole cache of them!

Jawol would find himself waiting a long hour before a Transport ship arrived at the Hanger, Kera suddenly arriving as the ship landed. it's doors opened and Councillor Ta'lek Galren had arrived

"Councillor Galren"

"Commander Theyos, How is life after Gradvius?"

"Not to bad, bit too boring. I assume you have the buzloks sir?"

"You will have them shortly, in the meantime my men shall do an inspection of the base"

"Is that necessary sir?" 

"Are you questioning a Councillor of the Queens Commander?" Asked Galren, 

Jawol may noticed his guards were not just lancers, they had armour and cybernetics similar to those of the G3 and Lich Krell. They carried the Buzlocks and 2 of them were transporting a whole cache of them!

Jawol watched the target taking notice of the grineer weapons 'Unknown weapon detail would be good to acquire one for further analysis'. He turned around in the vents, no easy task but he managed to get himself flipped the other direction just as the target left the room, following as closely as the vents would allow and for as long as they would allow.

Noticing the storm of lead that was battering against the cover that her fellow Tenno were behind, Anastasia's heart skipped a beat.

"No, I mustn't... I mustn't lose control of the battle... I am still in control!" She thought, firing another arrow at another Lancer, firing at as many Grineer as accurately as she could.

"What is your idea?" Ismiri said a bit loudly, just enough for him to hear. "The Grineer will burn this forest down with us in the ashes. We better act quickly."

"Alright. I'm going to use my Roar, give everyone a little more power. It won't last long so take out as many as you can by any means necessary. I'm going to try and get close enough to use my Stomp, catch as many as I can. Stand ready."

Caldor released his Roar, giving his comrades weapons and abilities a little extra kick. He left his cover and charged forward, his Iron Skin sheilding him from the barrage of bullets that soon fell upon him. He moved further and further into enemy lines, decimating any Grineer who stood in his way with his raw power, he was almost there.

A Bombard came into his path, if it fired off a rocket and it hit him his Iron Skin would be destroyed and he would take sufficient damage, he had to act fast. Caldor activated his Charge. Ramming into the Bombard with the full force of his massive frame, slamming into a large tree. However the Bombard did not care for proximity and fired a rocket at point blank range, engulfing the two in an explosion.

The explosion killed the Bombard, Caldor's Iron Skin had absorbed most of the blast, but not all of it. His Iron Skin was gone and he had taken some damage.

"Mad bastard... Urgggghhh that hurt quite a bit." Caldor noticed the Grineer were surrounding him now, more then he anticipated. "Just as planned, it's now or never!" Caldor used his Rhino stomp, sending scores of Grineer into the air and into stasis, easy targets for his team. He hoped that by eliminating the bulk of the Grineer force the rest would retreat. It was all up to the others now as his energy was depleted and while the damage he suffered wasn't lethal it was sufficient enough to immobilize him.

Edited by MasterDread

Ismiri looked over, seeing Caldor take on the incoming barrage. Her face was in slight shock at his charge. He was reckless in doing so.

Doing some quick thinking, she crouched down and slammed down her hands.

"Everyone, cover your ears!" The Banshee exclaimed. "Things are going to be a bit loud."

Using her suits energy, she casted Sound Quake. The loud echos and vibrations spread across a sizable radius, which could stagger a good handful of the Grineer soldiers. This was to give Caldor enough wiggle room for him to survive, as well as give teammates follow-up shots.

"I can hold this for a while. Everyone get your shots in!"

Ismiri looked over, seeing Caldor take on the incoming barrage. Her face was in slight shock at his charge. He was reckless in doing so.

Doing some quick thinking, she crouched down and slammed down her hands.

"Everyone, cover your ears!" The Banshee exclaimed. "Things are going to be a bit loud."

Using her suits energy, she casted Sound Quake. The loud echos and vibrations spread across a sizable radius, which could stagger a good handful of the Grineer soldiers. This was to give Caldor enough wiggle room for him to survive, as well as give teammates follow-up shots.

"I can hold this for a while. Everyone get your shots in!"

Snapping another shot at the Grineer, Anastasia did just that before dropping down from her perch, restoring everyone's shields and pulling the surviving Grineer to her, collapsing her bow and drawing her Fangs as she did so.

With the Grineer having been Stomped, Sound Quaked, and Pulled in the space of a few seconds, they were easy to hit, wounded targets. Stork took a couple seconds to line up each shot, dropping a bullet into the skull of a Bombard and a Scorch. It left her without time to reposition, but it should only take a couple more seconds for her teammates to wipe out the rest.

The Grineer were starting to loose numbers to the Tenno, The smart ones called for a retreat and left, the dumb and brave ones stayed and fight. 

Meanwhile Jawol would find following his Target was no hassle, while his guards were supplying Buzloks to the Soldiers, Galren was busy talking to The Commander, About the Tenno, The base's functions and even recent events. Then they arrived at a shooting Gallery. Galren however didn't join Theyos. he went on his own way to explore the base and it's facilities.

The Grineer were starting to loose numbers to the Tenno, The smart ones called for a retreat and left, the dumb and brave ones stayed and fight. 

Meanwhile Jawol would find following his Target was no hassle, while his guards were supplying Buzloks to the Soldiers, Galren was busy talking to The Commander, About the Tenno, The base's functions and even recent events. Then they arrived at a shooting Gallery. Galren however didn't join Theyos. he went on his own way to explore the base and it's facilities.

Jawol checked it's position on the map, his jaw parting in a grin. 'Proceeding with objective'. Jawol quickly scanned the room before walking forward from the vent, using his tail to cut a section of it open he dropped a flashbang through the hole he created again using his tail as his hands. As soon as it went off Jawol engaged his stealth rushed forward to the next vent in line and burst through it turning to face Galren while the official was still blinded.