Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe And Destiny Aren't So Different...

(PSN)kiddplay13

"Old Ways" can be interpreted by many meanings. First, we'd have to know who writes the Codex Entries. Then we'd have to know said person's species. Then we'd be able to determined what they mean by "Weapons of the Old Ways". Sorry to be nit-picky but if it pertains to two different species then we'd have to know who's old ways we're talking about.

Archives are usually written by the culture that it's historys portrays, unless the Romans had the Germanic tribes write their history for them?(joke)

they kinda explain the Old Ways as that of Gun and Sword,  meaning this is a time when such weaponry has become more of a fantasy thing than actual working combat.   Gathering stuff from Mag's Lore it shows that the Orokin used something a lot more powerful the guns but had to resort to using them again when said tech was turned on them.   It would explain why they have all those laser and cryopads in the Void towers and OD ships.   Now are they human?  Most like if Ember's Entry is to be shown.   Unless they are humanoid in physical anatomy......(green girls are cute too)

Though most like they are Humans.  Same with grineer and Corpus.   Two factions that adapted after the Old War.   If anything their are Human Colonies still on Mars and Phobos if I am to recall.  Meaning yes Humans still exsited in the Orokin Era.  Could also mean that like with Romans great disaster pull back progress quite a ways back.

I mean, yeah, it's definitely a possibility. Anything is. It just seems a little out there given what we know.

I've always thought the Tenno killed the Orokin because the Tenno learned that the Orokin were playing puppet master to humanity without their knowledge, and perhaps they even caused the Tenno to become what they are without their consent (who would consent to being twisted and scarred and possibly even killed in a reality which has different laws than our own i.e. the Void?) because the Orokin found out they could use the Tenno to win against the Sentients.  But I suppose it's possible they could have just as easily killed off humans who were doing that to them as well.

See Ember Wiki about Tenno having powers

See Excal Wiki about Warframe built by Orokin.

Nothing states with the Ember Codex that the Tenno themselves have the powers.

It could be:

Tenno have powers but are weak and not very powerful --> The frames allow the power to be more powerful.

That is a possibility, to an extent, but more along the lines of saying more normal things such as Ash or Loki; both could just be assassins and the Warframes improve those abilities, not something like the elemental ones.

Nothing states with the Ember Codex that the Tenno themselves have the powers.

That is a possibility, to an extent, but more along the lines of saying more normal things such as Ash or Loki; both could just be assassins and the Warframes improve those abilities, not something like the elemental ones.

You're joking right? Ember Codex says that an officer was burned by a child (originally an adult but altered by the Void) and she's getting interrogated to why she decided to touch the child instead of following protocol.

You're joking right? Ember Codex says that an officer was burned by a child (originally an adult but altered by the Void) and she's getting interrogated to why she decided to touch the child instead of following protocol.

Nothing states that they were in the void, nor that the children burned her, nor that she touched a child.

You will burn in a sea of over-used fonts!

But in all seriousness, Destiny has a poor plot. Warframe is leagues above it.

Well at least it has story, too short to be even funny, but a story. WF dont have even that. I honestly dont know where the F people here gets their lore from, its certainly not in game, only thing what is in codex is mag p,ember p, and excalibur stories. Lotus tells little prior selected few missions and ordis is useless F. Srly, where this all WF lore comes?

Well at least it has story, too short to be even funny, but a story. WF dont have even that. I honestly dont know where the F people here gets their lore from, its certainly not in game, only thing what is in codex is mag p,ember p, and excalibur stories. Lotus tells little prior selected few missions and ordis is useless F. Srly, where this all WF lore comes?

They get it from what DE has already stated about the game.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Story_and_History

i think 'my affiliates' have finished explaining adequately.

even linked to an information dump.

So story of this game comes from somewhere else than game itself.

yes and no. we've picked up little hints from statements made, transmissions from characters, Codex entries, writing on walls in the maps - tiny pieces here and there over the course of almost 2 years to form a fuzzy picture.

So story of this game comes from somewhere else than game itself. Wow and people *@##$ed that souls games stories where too cryptic...

Difference between dark souls and destiny is that dark souls uses items and clever means to help build up the lore, whereas destiny just said "ah make it so that grimoires are the way to learn about the lore." which involve having to go through the repetitive enemies to kill them to gain more and more info about it.

Dark souls uses the environment as well as items that you obtain to relay it, although it is not required to do so.

I'm going to play it for the art style, character customization, and gameplay. I could care less for plot in MMOs.

Also Dinklebot.

Same for me. The story felt very "Meh" and short. You play on the PS4?

Whenever we need to "Deploy Ghost" for an objective I always say "Put your Dinklage in it."

Same for me. The story felt very "Meh" and short. You play on the PS4?

Whenever we need to "Deploy Ghost" for an objective I always say "Put your Dinklage in it."

My household currently has no " next gen" consoles, unfortunately. I was planning on waiting out the march release on Steam. My brother though, he jumped the gun and preordered it for the 360 and it hasn't been shipped to us yet.

Edit: we have no idea what the Orokin are

"Flash forward a few thousand years (or potentially more), and the solar system is run by a race called the Orokin. They were either robots/AIs created by humanity, a transhuman race, or a totally alien race that showed up in the solar system."

Actually, the "orokin" are nothing. Its simple the name for an era.....

Also, i dont know how well would Destiny do if there wasnt all that hype and marketing.

It's from the creators of HALO (or whatever... I don't even really care)... therefor it must be epic- That's where all the hype came from I guess.

If a game is really REALLY good, it doesn't need any hype or pr before it gets released.

Indie games are the perfect example.

But the world is full of casual gamers. They play what they are being told to play.

---------------

Don't get me wrong... it's all theory. I haven't played it yet. And as long as there's no release for Pc, I won't.

But I don't like the art style anyway. Unlike Warframe, Destiny looks generic. But that's just my opinion.

From what I've heard, Destiny fails hard.... considering how much money went into the development. That's why I get kinda annoyed it's always compared to Warframe.

Warframe was first. It's a fact. Warframe would do even better if it had a story. fact.