Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation Gate Crash: On The Grineer... Sisters, I'm Assuming?

Morec0

You do not have to be exact, but just very, very similar. 

And besides, I would guess (with good reason) that the doctors condition the Gustrag Three in large batches, not on a three-by-three basis, just to bring in economies of scale (if that can be applied in Warframe). 

It was my understanding that the Grustrag Three were three very specific Grineer defects that had to be pulled from the main army 'cause they killed a full battalion or something of other Grineer and then Tengus messed with - not the result of a psycho-creating program, just of one meant to tone them down enough to hunt Tenno only (or, at least mostly only).

It was my understanding that the Grustrag Three were three very specific Grineer defects that had to be pulled from the main army 'cause they killed a full battalion or something of other Grineer and then Tengus messed with - not the result of a psycho-creating program, just of one meant to tone them down enough to hunt Tenno only (or, at least mostly only).

But then again, since we (almost) always kill them, and the fact that we know the Grineer often clone their soldiers, it would make sense that Tengus (and possibly the people who work at Cloning) would follow up from that work and results to produce more exact Grustrag Three copies (or very, very similar copies) for use (I mean, they are pretty effective at murdering Tenno, so why stop there?). 

But then again, since we (almost) always kill them, and the fact that we know the Grineer often clone their soldiers, it would make sense that Tengus (and possibly the people who work at Cloning) would follow up from that work and results to produce more exact Grustrag Three copies (or very, very similar copies) for use (I mean, they are pretty effective at murdering Tenno, so why stop there?). 

From what I understand, the Grustrag Three were regular Grineer clones originally who had some sort of rare genetic anomaly that caused them to be hyper-violent, and Tengus just modified them to be more dangerous. The only reason we see them multiple times is magic gameplay respawning.

From what I understand, the Grustrag Three were regular Grineer clones originally who had some sort of rare genetic anomaly that caused them to be hyper-violent, and Tengus just modified them to be more dangerous. The only reason we see them multiple times is magic gameplay respawning.

I know the story, but it would make sense to clone them to get more Grustrag Three assassins(?) to use, given the Grineer's rather extensive use of and reliance on cloning. As for conditioning, I would wager that it would be similar, if not the same, as the conditioning used on the original Gustrag Three. 

I know the story, but it would make sense to clone them to get more Grustrag Three assassins(?) to use, given the Grineer's rather extensive use of and reliance on cloning. As for conditioning, I would wager that it would be similar, if not the same, as the conditioning used on the original Gustrag Three.

Given that Ruk wanted to get rid of the originals and almost did it, I think the chances of making another set would be pretty low. Also, we don't know if they're able to replicate that specific mutation.

Given that Ruk wanted to get rid of the originals and almost did it, I think the chances of making another set would be pretty low. Also, we don't know if they're able to replicate that specific mutation.

Or, again, why they'd put resources towards doing so when they're such a massive threat to even other Grineer.

The idea is very possible, but given the overall nature of the situation I don't think it's all that plausible.

We could take the genetic template of the Grustrag Three, then create another batch from that (ala Star Wars). 

And besides, I can say that Vay Hek would want the clones to stay, and potentially expand, given that he did authorise Tengus to condition them to attack the Tenno instead of the Grineer (mostly). And since he is still called a Councillor, it would be likely that he has his own, for lack of a better word, share in the cloning facilities, meaning he could clone the Grustrag Three without any other Grineer (and especially Sargus Ruk) from witnessing what is going on. 

Seems like it's (almost?) confirmed during the devstream that Grineer make clones by taking one clone, melting it, and using that to make more clones. So one Sprag will have to suffer death by being turned to goo if you want to see more of her (and kill her again).

Seems like it's (almost?) confirmed during the devstream that Grineer make clones by taking one clone, melting it, and using that to make more clones. So one Sprag will have to suffer death by being turned to goo if you want to see more of her (and kill her again).

Again, and I don't know why I need to keep saying this, this assumes that cloning one person gives you an exactly psychological double of the original. It's your experiences that define you just as much as your genetics, and to try and give each clone of a clone the exact same experiences as they age as the original is a logistic, and honestly scientific, impossibility. We may be able to get genetic identicals to Sprag and her sister (which is redundant anyway, given that they're clones) but we'll never have an exact psychological/personality duplicate of either. 

The Twin Queens are two AIs and they are sisters of the Lotus. The three were supposed to oversee the sector with fair rule, but their programming was corrupted by the Grineer for their own ends.

(this is just my pet conspiracy theory).

or they were simply the ones in charge of the military for the Orokin.

One for Tenno. Two for the Guardians (High/low). Three others for corpus and two others.

Again, and I don't know why I need to keep saying this, this assumes that cloning one person gives you an exactly psychological double of the original. It's your experiences that define you just as much as your genetics, and to try and give each clone of a clone the exact same experiences as they age as the original is a logistic, and honestly scientific, impossibility. We may be able to get genetic identicals to Sprag and her sister (which is redundant anyway, given that they're clones) but we'll never have an exact psychological/personality duplicate of either. 

Genetics do have a very large hand in personality.

In Warframe, no one truly dies, everyone has tons of 1ups in reserve, including the Tenno.

I would love to have a comedic relief boss, right when death happens, they jump up in the air and yell as they fly away, "I'll get you next time Gadget, i mean Tenno, next time!"

I thought Alad was the comedic relief boss with his Girly Shrieks after he goes down.....  "Save Me Zanuka!!"

I just wish they had made them some unique models indead of being a recolored Kela with floating jetpacks. I mean come on they don't even have face anymations.

A recoloured version of every other female Grineer you mean.  Seriously, they all have the same basic model with a few bits added.  Even the fancy helm Kela and Sprag get sometimes turns up on Ballistas.

Btw if you scanned them for the codex, check the sniper girl's face, it looks so sad :(

It's the same face as Kela, Sprag, Ballistas and Scorpions.

I actually liked them,they're so cute compare to the other Grineer women :3.

Personality wise?  Because physically they are the same.

Although, after saying all that, I have always had a soft spot for Ballistas so... I kinda like Ven'kra Tel.  Yeah, yeah, I'm contradicting myself.  So ironic.  Anyway...

Are we sure they are sisters?  According to the quotes listed on the wiki Ven'kra Tel refers to Sprag as her friend.

"If you're not careful Tenno, my friend will break your back."

It's a shame these two didn't get a cool diorama codex entry like G3 etc.

Back on point: maybe they could replace Lech and Vor on Phobos or something? The sisters(?) have jetpacks each and that arena already seems designed openly enough to make jetpacks an interesting and viable fight mechanic on them...

It's like you read my mind! They're the perfect replacement for what I assume is that placeholder (still fun though) Phobos boss fight. I mean they have the double team dynamic, they have jetpacks like the Hellions, and to be honest I just want to be able to fight them even after the event (plus there's only like one female boss so far).

As for them being dead, I think they could still canonly be alive and placed on Phobos after the event for two reasons:

1) Vay Hek described them as some of his fiercest clones, so clearly they can make as many of them as they want to

2) Assuming having to run the mission multiple times is canon, that would mean we've killed them anywhere from 3 to 15 separate times in three different portions of the Solar System. Clearly they don't die easily.

Genetics do have a very large hand in personality.

No doubt, but so do experiences - how you were raised, what you encountered, the other people with different personalities you meet and converse with. Personality is a tricky thing to nail down with just a one-to-one formula.

Heck, even if genetics ARE the only factor for genetics clone degradation  comes into the issue: the DNA gets worn down and damaged and, potentially, mutated as it gets recycled over and over.

A recoloured version of every other female Grineer you mean.  Seriously, they all have the same basic model with a few bits added.  Even the fancy helm Kela and Sprag get sometimes turns up on Ballistas.

It's the same face as Kela, Sprag, Ballistas and Scorpions.

Personality wise?  Because physically they are the same.

Although, after saying all that, I have always had a soft spot for Ballistas so... I kinda like Ven'kra Tel.  Yeah, yeah, I'm contradicting myself.  So ironic.  Anyway...

Are we sure they are sisters?  According to the quotes listed on the wiki Ven'kra Tel refers to Sprag as her friend.

"If you're not careful Tenno, my friend will break your back."

It's a shame these two didn't get a cool diorama codex entry like G3 etc.

Their models is an allocation of resources thing: DE has older (and newer) bosses that need model updates first, so these (supposedly, hopefully not) one-time gals weren't high up on the priorities list for a new model. It's why I say I'd be more than happy to wait for visual updates for them if they're made into permanent additions to the game - Kela's revamp comes MUCH HIGHER over these two. But that's just how I see it.

And I never heard that particular bit of dialogue, and I was still uncertain if they actually WERE sisters - hence the ? usage. If that's the case then I think we can write sisters out.

It's like you read my mind! They're the perfect replacement for what I assume is that placeholder (still fun though) Phobos boss fight. I mean they have the double team dynamic, they have jetpacks like the Hellions, and to be honest I just want to be able to fight them even after the event (plus there's only like one female boss so far).

As for them being dead, I think they could still canonly be alive and placed on Phobos after the event for two reasons:

1) Vay Hek described them as some of his fiercest clones, so clearly they can make as many of them as they want to

2) Assuming having to run the mission multiple times is canon, that would mean we've killed them anywhere from 3 to 15 separate times in three different portions of the Solar System. Clearly they don't die easily.

I still have to hold up my hands to the "clone more Sprags" idea but maybe I'm just trying to paint Warframe how I'd prefer to see it at this point... We'll have to wait for future evidence to settle this. Likewise, I don't think running the missions multiple times IS canon... but, again, maybe DE will try to pull something real/overly complicated with this and move on? I dunno...

Just, PLEASE DE! Take this into consideration! Do you see how many people love these two random characters????