Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation Gate Crash: On The Grineer... Sisters, I'm Assuming?

Morec0

If a SCIENTIST could survive being tossed out a window into space certainly these two could get out of range of the Beam-meltdown or something?

I don't know the point of your thread but Alad was thrown out of a window into Jupiter's atmosphere, which since his lab had open windows/areas anyway, he can breathe in that.

He might've landed on a platform or an Osprey.

Upvoting so much

"Wake up... WAKE UP!!!..."

I've never felt so incredible bad. T_T

This is the FIRST TIME I EVER felt bad for the Grineer!

I just...

The feels when I heard that line...the feels...

^ This.

I don't know the point of your thread but Alad was thrown out of a window into Jupiter's atmosphere, which since his lab had open windows/areas anyway, he can breathe in that.

He might've landed on a platform or an Osprey.

Hmm, this is a good point. Still, the soldier vs. scientist-businessman comparison still works given these are people who have combat training versus a guy who doesn't even carry a weapon on his person (not counting the Zanuka control machine as a weapon), I think that Sparg and her sis could be able to survive to fight another day.

I think they seem to be a direct response to a request for "mini-bosses"... People criticized eximus enemies for being regular enemies with special buffs, but these two seem just like the mini-bosses people asked for. And then people complain they aren't fully developed bosses. Figures.

Agree.

Edited by Spinnerthonicus

Agree.

Of course the Loki Primes agree with each other :P

But no, as I said I'd be perfectly fine with that too - heck, I may even prefer it if it's done well and the current bugs are worked out.

I dont want to fight anything that has a 50% chance of glitching itself off the map.

Like this one, I only encountered it once, but it's there - the fact I've only seen it once about of about 10 games, though, seems to suggest the issue could be corrected with ease, though.

Remember, the sisters are clones, there are plenty more where they came from and they are exactly the same

Which is fortunate because I'm pretty sure there is no coming back being simultaneously decapitated and blown up with a Glaive prime

Again, this assumes Warframe goes with what I refer to as "fantasy cloning" - clones have the same personality as the original. I don't think that's what DE's doing with Warframe, I think they're going with very much the regular science fiction/real science approach: clones are genetically identical but their personalities can be widely different (ala the Clone Troopers of Star Wars).

We seemingly have "fantasy cloning" with us being able to go back in and kill characters like Ruk or Kril over and over again, but these instances continuously seem to be just areas of game mechanics (or, in the case of Kril's multiple appearances I like to say the trope of "rumors of my demise were greatly exaggerated"). Look at ANY MMO (and whether or not you believe Warframe is an MMO you have to admit that the principles of "assassination" missions and "dunegon" runs are similar) that uses the boss concept and you'll see this - it's not that these guys are coming back from the dead every five minutes, it's just that they've got a respawn timer set so you can keep fighting them again and again.

If you love boring mini-bosses, try boring bosses like Tyl Regor or Kela de Thaym (*yawn*). Even Vor on Mercury is more fun.

If they incorporate minibosses the way I think they should - a break in the run to main boss objectives during assassination missions to change up the battle against regular enemy units and slow the group down to keep rushers from ruining the fun for everyone else - then I'll be more than happy with seeing these two as minibosses.

ksHM3zE.jpg

meh.. caps lock would've added some emotion..

DO YOU NOT PLAY WITH SOUND ON??? DO YOU NOT HEAR HOW SHE SAYS THOSE LINES??

She isn't screaming them in rage, she's almost whispering them. She's afraid she's losing her sister, not angry, no enraged, she's SCARED. When do you use CAPS LOCK when you're trying to convey a sense the character is SCARED?

DO YOU NOT PLAY WITH SOUND ON??? DO YOU NOT HEAR HOW SHE SAYS THOSE LINES??

She isn't screaming them in rage, she's almost whispering them. She's afraid she's losing her sister, not angry, no enraged, she's SCARED. When do you use CAPS LOCK when you're trying to convey a sense the character is SCARED?

Of course I play with sound. And it's heart breaking T_T

But I dunno... she sounded more desperate to me...

I just think that for those who play without sound on (which are quite many ) "wake up.... WAKE UP!" Might have had more... effect.

Again, this assumes Warframe goes with what I refer to as "fantasy cloning" - clones have the same personality as the original. I don't think that's what DE's doing with Warframe, I think they're going with very much the regular science fiction/real science approach: clones are genetically identical but their personalities can be widely different (ala the Clone Troopers of Star Wars).

You know, speaking of Clone Troopers, you could, technically, have the clones obtain the same personality through Spaarti cloning and conditioning. 

You know, speaking of Clone Troopers, you could, technically, have the clones obtain the same personality through Spaarti cloning and conditioning. 

As disturbing as it is, I've actually thought long and deep about this. If I had that kind of time, money, and freedom from the law that would prohibit me from doing such a morally questionable experiment I'd like to clone a man and put him through all the same conditions and events he went through as a child (which would have been carefully recorded to ensure absolute specificity) and then compare them both at certain intervals to see how similar they are.

An experiment like this would prove or disprove whether or not "free will" and "individualism" actually is a thing, or if we are simply all the products of a disturbingly mechanical world programming us to act and think a certain way.

Still, as is CLEARLY obvious doing something like this is so bloody complicated and convoluted that it is near-impossible, and when something like the Grineer are looking for only soldiers to fight battle I don't think they're interested in specific personalities (hek, why would they RECLONE the Grustrag three every time we kill them? They're a threat to even the Grineer, remember?)

Why would The Queens risk themselves being killed by the Tenno (not to mention repeatedly)?

Not to mention we've heard the Twin Queens' voices before:

Sprag and her sister sound completely different.

Edited by Morec0

Still, as is CLEARLY obvious doing something like this is so bloody complicated and convoluted that it is near-impossible, and when something like the Grineer are looking for only soldiers to fight battle I don't think they're interested in specific personalities (hek, why would they RECLONE the Grustrag three every time we kill them? They're a threat to even the Grineer, remember?)

The benefits outweigh the costs? 

Sure, the original Gustrag Three may have cost a ship full of troops owned by General Ruk, but their fighting prowess is not to be scoffed at. 

The benefits outweigh the costs? 

Sure, the original Gustrag Three may have cost a ship full of troops owned by General Ruk, but their fighting prowess is not to be scoffed at. 

True.

But, again, the sheer time and resource costs to produce an exact 1-to-1 mental replica...

Regardless:

Sprag is a cutie patoot.

I'd never thought I'd call a Grineer cute.

Hey, Sam, could I beg for some Sprag fan art? Like, her playing with beetles that look like Tenno or something?

True.

But, again, the sheer time and resource costs to produce an exact 1-to-1 mental replica...

You do not have to be exact, but just very, very similar. 

And besides, I would guess (with good reason) that the doctors condition the Gustrag Three in large batches, not on a three-by-three basis, just to bring in economies of scale (if that can be applied in Warframe).