Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Remove Stasis Recovery Period

Psycomet

The title says it all. If you agree to it upvote and comment. If you disagree please share your views.

So it's been awhile and nothing has been heard from the devs' end.

I want to check the loadout of a particular a kubrow: cannot need 3 hours to come out of stasis. I want to try out some new colours on it: cannot need 3 hours to come out of stasis. I want to change up my game play, i wanna go stealth: cannot because it takes 3 hours to come out of stasis.

It feels like i am being punished for wanting to have more dogs. Or that i am being punished for wanting to play the game more. This does not make sense. At the worst of it it makes me not want to use kubrows at all. And they will not replace sentinels because they have their own place. Most of the sentinels are still really functionally different from any kubrow.

If there is even a part of the community who can afford the 10 platinum to rush the recovery (every time), i doubt that that part is very large. For the majority of us it only bring forth suffering and frustration.

So yeah i think that about covers it all. Thanks for listening.

Couldn't agree more! This is the only thing I hate about the kubrows. It really needs to go!!

+1 i've been saying this since before we got them when sheldon had said at one point that we would only be allowed to have just one. But then U 14 came out and there were 4 types and we could get them but then to have to wait 3 hours to use them its like they're saying a big F you tenno you can have them but you will pay to use them. HAHAHAHAHAHA. And that's not just wrong. it mean and rude. Not to mention its Bull Sh1t.

It exists to prevent exploitation in areas such as the daily reset/loss of loyalty and genetic stability.

Then the cure is worse than the disease.

Oh no, people might get around having to pay 3000 credits a day! This desperately needs stopping even if we have to massively inconvenience anyone who wants to use Kubrows!

Edited by Azure.M

It exists to prevent exploitation in areas such as the daily reset/loss of loyalty and genetic stability.

loyalty is fine but the need for the existence of dna integrity is yet another debatable topic. Let us resolve this & since it's already related to the other issue it will hopefully bring to light the general opinion of the system and whether or not people are happy with it.i wouldn't mind rushing it with cryotic but why bother with it all? If there is a very good and valid reason why it should be there then i welcome that idea.

On the one hand, it is really annoying as you basically need to plan what missions you are gonna do in a day so you can get the right kubrow out, but on the other hand, it is a living creature that was in stasis. It needs to thaw out. Maybe just drastically reduce the recovery time to 30 minutes or a hour. 

I agree, it is definitely punishing when you have more than one doge. Perhaps a better solution for DE is to put a penalty on using kurbows straight out of stasis, such as decreased stats, or -x% loyalty every mission.

Players get to use their Kurbows should they choose, and DE gets to keep their "pay for convenience" motto by charging 10 plat for getting rid of the penalties.

That doesn't make sense. DE can still keep the 1 stabilization / 3 interactions limit a day no matter if the kubrow is active or not.

If you are speaking of putting the kubrow in stasis 1 minute before the daychange so to avoid it losing stability, that can be coded, too - as "if the kubrow was active yesterday, today it will lose stability, no matter if it is in stasis or not".

Edited by Kachocalvo

I got your point, but... can't agree with that.

We got a lot of customizable Kubrow and other free things.

They got a cash for 10Pt rush.

DE:

- Removed «Fortune Wheel» with Kubrow's colours & patterns

- Reduced % of losing HP

- Reduced cost for Kubrow stuff (DNA Stabs)

Don't you think they did enough? :)

That's a fair deal for me. So, no sign from me :P

Sorry ^^

Edited by Spectre-Agent

On the one hand, it is really annoying as you basically need to plan what missions you are gonna do in a day so you can get the right kubrow out, but on the other hand, it is a living creature that was in stasis. It needs to thaw out. Maybe just drastically reduce the recovery time to 30 minutes or a hour. 

I understand what your saying But on the other hand buy your logic and from a lore stand point then once we pull frames out of the foundry then we shouldn't be able to use them for 3 days because it would be the same as them coming out of stasis from their cryopods. Its the same principle.

that was rather arbitrary. I had not considered this feedback. In fear of the presuming the community's opinion i put it here so we could discuss. But sorry for the inconvenience! :DD

Guys please keep it civil so that the thread is not locked or ignored. thanks.

I understand what your saying But on the other hand buy your logic and from a lore stand point then once we pull frames out of the foundry then we shouldn't be able to use them for 3 days because it would be the same as them coming out of stasis from their cryopods. Its the same principle.

In theory, yes, your logical extension is valid, but because we don't know how the warframes actually work (are they suits or actual beings?) I don't think we can  extend it there yet. Your statement seems to gloss over the fact that we craft the warframes, rather than find them. Because of this, I am (for now) going to say that Warframes are suits that we craft rather than individuals that we find in cryo. 

In theory, yes, your logical extension is valid, but because we don't know how the warframes actually work (are they suits or actual beings?) I don't think we can  extend it there yet. Your statement seems to gloss over the fact that we craft the warframes, rather than find them. Because of this, I am (for now) going to say that Warframes are suits that we craft rather than individuals that we find in cryo. 

In the tutorial mission, when your Tenno pops out of his/her cryo-pod, he/she is pretty much fine from the get-go; it doesn't take your Tenno very long to get up and start fudging up the enemy. Otherwise, the Grineer could just put us in a freezer and do who-knows-what to us without any struggle.

DE:

- Reduced % of losing HP

Sorry ^^

so exactly how do those things affect the problem i'm having with stasis? I admit they did do those things but DNA stability and stasis recovery are two completely different things.

In the tutorial mission, when your Tenno pops out of his/her cryo-pod, he/she is pretty much fine from the get-go; it doesn't take your Tenno very long to get up and start fudging up the enemy. Otherwise, the Grineer could just put us in a freezer and do who-knows-what to us without any struggle.

But when you get a new Warframe you claim the parts (Helmet, Chassis, Systems) and then put them together. Those warframes didn't come out of a cryopod. If you purchase a frame with Plat, maybe they did but not if you just craft it. 

As it is right now, all the loyalty, DNA integrity, and 3 hour wait times are just inconveniences that don't lend anything to the immersion that you are taking care of a "living animal", and until your own warframe needs to eat/sleep/poop every day and you need to buy more ammo before every mission then I don't really see that type of immersion having any place in a game like warframe in the first place.

Edited by rapt0rman

But when you get a new Warframe you claim the parts (Helmet, Chassis, Systems) and then put them together. Those warframes didn't come out of a cryopod. If you purchase a frame with Plat, maybe they did but not if you just craft it. 

Well, I didn't mean for you to think I was talking about crafting Warframes.

I was referring to your small justification: that Kubrows are living beings and should have a thaw-out timer.

In the tutorial-mission, we pretty much thaw out of our cryo-pods in a few seconds, ready to kick Grineer butt. (Or a few minutes, as seen in that one trailer where it takes Excalibur 2-3 minutes to wake up while the insurgent Warframe team is beating Vor to a pulp).

So, we Tenno, who are living beings, are battle-ready out of our cryo-pods, which means there isn't really a reason for Kubrows to have a thaw-out timer. 

One could say that their DNA degradation cripples their recovery time, but the poll from the last community hot-topics says that 42% of forumers would rather that DNA integrity be removed. The next 30% would rather they costed less.

Edited by OptimumBow0

so exactly how do those things affect the problem i'm having with stasis? I admit they did do those things but DNA stability and stasis recovery are two completely different things.

See? That's what i'm talking about! That's the problem. That's not enough for you. And there's a lot of people like you. See?

Look, people cried «oh, it's too overpriced! / Can't play etc. etc.», so DE made changes, but that's stil not enough for people.

^that was a bad line, apologise :c

I don't play everyday, so i have a certain time for game, but why i don't see anything bad with Stasis? Why does 3hrs of waiting is normal for me?

Bored with a certain Kubrow? No problem, i'll take another one and will wait for it, while i can play WF or another game, watch movie or do my work, or talk with friends.

People should learn to not be greedy. No offence, really, mate, i understand your concern, but still...

I want to change up my game play, i wanna go stealth: cannot because it takes 3 hours to come out of stasis.

You don't need to bring a Kubrow for that. Nothing forbids you to play stealth.

Yeah, sure, you can bring your doge, just wait. Or: you can go alone or with your Senti. I don't see and difference, besides, Kubrow' AI is not perfect atm, so the doge can screw up your stealth, uhuh.

the poll from the last community hot-topics says that 42% of forumers would rather that DNA integrity be removed. The next 30% would rather they costed less.

Firstly, what if i say that i can hit the vote-button didn't even reading...

Secondly, people always wants everything for free, if DE put option «Make it free» (i.e. almost equals «remove it») it would be popular, too.

Thirdly, players don't even think to put themselves in Devs place. They think everything is so easy to change.

Finally, they even don't care that the game is f2p, and DE needs some money to make their game better and polish it for 3(!) platforms. But, to make it better devs should pay for work to their personal.

Also, any company must make a profit to stay in business (remember THQ? And others?), if they change more and more things to free -- no time to craft, breed, etc -- they will lose their profit, and in the end, you know what will happen :(

So, these strange 'things' such as a Stasis Recovery or crafting time is just a way to keep the game afloat. That's why it called f2p.

Again, please, don't get me wrong. I understand that's not comfortable for everyone, but you need to understand it's not easy to change something that makes a profit.

Edited by Spectre-Agent

DE:

- Reduced % of losing HP

Sorry ^^

This kind of argument seen in feedback forum disgusts me, pitting DE against players, like they're not part of the the same game, they're not trying to make the same game better and more enjoyable--as if Warframe were not a game shared by its players and makers and feedback were some form of usurpation or extortion. DE doesn't 'lose' by listening to feedback and removing inconvenient features. Stop acting like players and DE's interests are mutually exclusive and only one side wins. 

Anyway rant over, would love to see the stasis removed. I'm alright with applying some penalty to kubrows (lowered stats, groggy movement, can't keep up with the player so might get lost, etc) that were forced into missions right after waking up. It might actually be fun jogging around in easier missions and witness, real time, my doge waking up and recovering its ferocity. 

-snip-

Anyway rant over, would love to see the stasis removed. I'm alright with applying some penalty to kubrows (lowered stats, groggy movement, can't keep up with the player so might get lost, etc) that were forced into missions right after waking up. It might actually be fun jogging around in easier missions and witness, real time, my doge waking up and recovering its ferocity. 

You want to get your dog drunk?!?!