Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Forma

Lunamaniac

I forma everything I like as many times as it takes to put on all the mods I'd like to use on it.  Looking around these forums though it seems like I'm in a minority, a lot of people talk about just wanting MORE AND MORE mastery and ranking up weapons once and moving on.

For me I get weapons so that I can enjoy them, rank them, forma them over and over and wring out their max potential, and then enjoy them some more.  That's what's fun for me in warframe.

So I'm interested in how others among you feel about forma use and how often you use them, but also reasons from players who don't use them often as to why, and what they do instead.

I do both. I have recently been on a mastery binge (I am not proud of this but since I am mastery 16 that may end soon) but when I find a weapon I like I potato it and then come back to it later on. If I really like a weapon I will drop everything else and forma it to the end of time (See also: Hikou Prime).

I have collected quite a good frame and weapons collections.

All of them are polarized to the max, as to use in full all the mods in them.

But that is it, I only have the weapons I liked for fun, liked the feel or look, and a few of the best of the best.

As for frames I have them, all fully polarized, except for zephyr... she be so ugly... but ill, probably, someday work her out nice.

I forma everything I like as many times as it takes to put on all the mods I'd like to use on it.  Looking around these forums though it seems like I'm in a minority, a lot of people talk about just wanting MORE AND MORE mastery and ranking up weapons once and moving on.

I forma the weapons I like using until, like you say, I can fit everything I want onto them. Everything else I just level up for Mastery and then don't bother with.

It's how you play this game. :P

Forma freak and proud. I have a combined total of 500 formas across my primary, secondary, melee and warframes.

It's how I get enjoyment from the game. Even after I've forma-freaked everything, I'm STILL going to keep racking up kills with everything, and just become a kill-freak instead.

due to there being a few good weapons locked behind MR I don't think many people start Forma'ing till after MR6. me personally I have a couple frames and a few weapons I want to Forma, but right now I need MR6 and that Soma more. once at MR6 i'll probably focus on building killtastic frames that I love playing, instead of trying to build and level everything and anything I can get my hands on.

I started forma'ing because I've nothing else left to rank.

But I only put 2-3 formas on a weapon and stop then. Everything else ends up in the weapon being overforma'd once DE decides to come up with another mod with mismatching polarity.

But in general:

New weapon > Existing weapon

When there's a choice what to level first.

Edited by MeduSalem

i use a weapon 1-30 to see if i enjoy how it FEELS. if i like it i keep it in my [to forma] section, if i dont like it i will sell it. Although i keep weapons that are hard to come by [gorgon/prime weapons] but generally most weapons are mastery fodder to me [mk1 series/braton/etc etc] having said that my favourites atm are the ignis/akmagnus/glataine. Or when i want swagger paris prime/despair/dragon Nikana.

I generally forma based on needeed min/maxing and enjoyment factor. Currently I'm blasting all of my forma on the buzlok, just because it's such a fun gun to play with. I also formaed all of the fire based weapons to fit my ember prime as well, recently...actually it's more of a side project. I always make sure I have some cooking though. So, anything that with potential that comes out is ready for the formaing.

Forma freak and proud. I have a combined total of 500 formas across my primary, secondary, melee and warframes.

It's how I get enjoyment from the game. Even after I've forma-freaked everything, I'm STILL going to keep racking up kills with everything, and just become a kill-freak instead.

I love maxing things, especially weapons that you don't see used very often. My Supra has 6 or 7. I forma'd the Flux Rifle a bunch before the recent QoL and ammo efficiency buff.

What is your go-to method for Forma farming? Do you run a variety of Void missions? Which tiers? Do you farm your own keys or join others that are hosting? I know RNG is RNG, but given that you have more experience than most of us in the forma department (I've only maybe used 60-80 or so in my 1000 hours of gameplay), how do you keep up your supply?

I wish they lower the forma production price down to 25k maybe. I'm not a hardcore active player so I can't afford to farm credits for days :(

So many things I want to craft and forma, but simply don't have the forma or credit;. :(

Here's my advice for credits:

• Try to join a non-endless T3 or T4 mission (Capture, Exterminate, Mobile Defense) in recruiting chat. The credit vs. time ratio for these missions is spectacular.

• If you don't have a lot of keys and want to play an easier solo game (albeit more time-consuming), void capture/exterminate missions are your friend. Bring Master Thief and open everything. Doing a solo T1 Capture with Loki (for invisibility so I didn't have to fight enemies if I didn't want to) and Master Thief has netted me 23-25k including the mission completion bonus. Yup, Tier 1 and solo!

• Sell your extra blueprints/parts. Already built ember? Chances are, you don't need 5 extra copies of her helmet from those Sargas Ruk runs you did a few months ago. Have a ton of Prime parts that nobody will every buy or trade because they're so common? Sell them. I probably wouldn't do this with mods unless you're desperate because mods can be used for fusion. But, fusing non-matching polarity mods has 25% fusion efficiency, so it's going to cost a lot more credits. Personally, I don't sell my mods, but I guess you could if you were desperate.

• If Sechura, Pluto or Seimeni, Ceres ever have 0% tax, do a couple 5 wave runs there. Although this probably won't happen for a while given the current politics of Dark Sectors.

Edited by SpongyPenguin