Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Notebook To Play Warframe On?

NoeleVeerod

I'm thinking of getting myself a notebook to replace that old netbook of mine. I would like to get one good enough to run Warframe on.
I'm not really aware of its requirements though, and I know from experience that said requirements are just an indication, with the actual "required" specs being lower or higher (it depends on the game, I guess).

So, I was thinking of getting some feedback first. I don't plan to use this notebook for gaming, exception made in the case of Warframe and other games which are less demanding.

Your suggestions and tips are very welcome!

Ugh, I'd wait a little longer, not sure if Intel released these or not but new CPUs with 14nm architecture which means its perfect for laptops and notebooks.

Also look around for a Maxwell based GPU, since their energy usage vs performance is impressive.

Sorry not done research on this since notebooks aren't my thing :/

Any notebook with an Nvidia card that's a x40M or above (i.e. GT 640M, 740M, 840M, GTX 650M, 750M, etc.) will run the game fine. And if it's got a dedicated GPU that usually means that the CPU will be robust enough to run the game without any trouble.

I currently use an Acer which was only $600 or so on Newegg that has a 3rd generation i5 CPU, 3 GB of 1333MHz RAM and an Nvidia GT 640M LE (which is actually a lower end GT 640M) and I can run the game on more or less high settings (no PhysX obviously). Laptop does get rather toasty, but that's because it's got an aluminum/metal body which dissipates a lot of heat (which is a good thing though, since the metal frame acts a bit like an additional heatsink).

First and foremost, to give you a set of good laptop recommendations... What's your budget?

If it's in the $700 range, I'd suggest: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231960

Unless you want to play with 25 fps all the time, I'd recommend against playing Warframe on any laptop not designed for gaming.

My laptop is hardly a gaming laptop and I tend to get 50 frames a second on average on almost all high settings. Just saying. Contrary to popular belief, Warframe is actually not super demanding hardware wise. 

My laptop specs:

Pentium Dual core I don't remember how much ghz

Geforce Gt540M

2 Gigs of Ram, I have upgraded to 6

Acer Travelmate series. Nice battery life, I use this laptop for 2 years now and battery lives up to 1.5h even now. Of course you wont play on battery, it will be empty in 10-20 minutes. Game works in native screen resolution 1366x720 on low detail, fps varies from constant 30 to 15 if there is too many infested around. I don't know much about ati gpus, but for nvidia everything GT >540 will able to run WF just fine. And my laptop costed about 450 green presidents.

Any notebook with an Nvidia card that's a x40M or above (i.e. GT 640M, 740M, 840M, GTX 650M, 750M, etc.) will run the game fine. And if it's got a dedicated GPU that usually means that the CPU will be robust enough to run the game without any trouble.

I currently use an Acer which was only $600 or so on Newegg that has a 3rd generation i5 CPU, 3 GB of 1333MHz RAM and an Nvidia GT 640M LE (which is actually a lower end GT 640M) and I can run the game on more or less high settings (no PhysX obviously). Laptop does get rather toasty, but that's because it's got an aluminum/metal body which dissipates a lot of heat (which is a good thing though, since the metal frame acts a bit like an additional heatsink).

First and foremost, to give you a set of good laptop recommendations... What's your budget?

If it's in the $700 range, I'd suggest: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231960

My laptop is hardly a gaming laptop and I tend to get 50 frames a second on average on almost all high settings. Just saying. Contrary to popular belief, Warframe is actually not super demanding hardware wise. 

Warframe did get a recent major improvement in overall performance, with DX10 updates and whatnot as well as other stuff for laptops. I'd recommend the GT 840M, was looking at a laptop earlier this year until I decided against one all together and its main catch was the GT 840M with an i7 ---- something at £600 on sale by Samsung, not sure how worth it it is but oh well.

OP, wait until Black Friday, the monday after is "Cyber Monday" which is usually when there are a lot of online sales, also Q4 (so this end of the year) tends to have sales overall due to newer generations and other things being pushed around. Patience is virtue ;)

These are fine suggestions. I'll keep them in mind.
I had read what the minimum specs for the game are, but I found nothing for the "recommended" specs. That is mainly why I'm not too well informed about how heavy can Warframe be.

Also, when is "Black Friday" this year?

These are fine suggestions. I'll keep them in mind.

I had read what the minimum specs for the game are, but I found nothing for the "recommended" specs. That is mainly why I'm not too well informed about how heavy can Warframe be.

Also, when is "Black Friday" this year?

November the 28th.