Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One Who Loves The 11Th Doctors Goodbye Speech?

Abenoki

Every time I watch through I love this speech the most out of all the recent doctors :]

“It all just disappears doesn't it? Everything you are, gone in a moment like breath on a mirror. But times change and so must I, We all change, when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you’ve got to keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this. Not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.”

Edited by Echoa

I did thoroughly enjoy that one.

Also, dat hidden text.

yea i didnt mean it to be hidden xD 

I loved this speech so much though, I feel like you could really feel the emotion in Matt Smiths performance. I got a little watery eyed ill admit xP

Edited by Echoa

So, what is this show about?

I think a better question would be what isn't this show about.

I loved this speech so much though, I feel like you could really feel the emotion in Matt Smiths performance. I got a little watery eyed ill admit xP

I really liked Matt Smith. I know some people didn't think he was very good, but personally I thought he was awesome. 

Space, Sonic Screwdrivers, Time, and Stuff.

So, what is this show about?

Essentially what he said, time travel, space, a guy who can regenerate into a "new person" and is essentially the hero of the universe

I think a better question would be what isn't this show about.

I really liked Matt Smith. I know some people didn't think he was very good, but personally I thought he was awesome. 

Hes my second favorite next to Tennant, but Tennant was my first Doctor so thats not fair :P I think Matt Smiths time was one of the most epic times for the Doctor so far.

and yes, what isnt it about? xD

Edited by Echoa

You're definitely not the only one to have liked it, OP.

I found it sappy and overindulging in its own melancholic sweet texture. Long, long, long.

Much preferred 10's last speech. "I don't want to go!" Wham. Gone. Sure, that came after roughly 30 min of goodbyes, but they weren't that sappy.

You're definitely not the only one to have liked it, OP.

I found it sappy and overindulging in its own melancholic sweet texture. Long, long, long.

Much preferred 10's last speech. "I don't want to go!" Wham. Gone. Sure, that came after roughly 30 min of goodbyes, but they weren't that sappy.

The reason it was so long is because it wasn't just the end of Matt Smith, it was the end of an era, the first chapter of the Doctor's life, and the first cycle of regenerations. It was fitting for the final piece of his life as the Doctor ended the way it did, it was about as perfect as it gets.