Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Will You Be Wearing On Halloween?

AVEOX

Nothing. As in I'll be naked.

There's perks to staying at home and hoarding the candy for yourself.

^^^

Parents buy candy, go out, tell me to hand some out

Turn off porch light

Hoard it to myself

Tell them that all the kids that came by grabbed all of it

Nah I wouldn't do thatttt

Probably won't be going out this year, but if I am, im probably going to make a ghillie suit and just do that since I haven't done that yet.

There is a halloween booze up at our local pub.

I'm going as Morticia Addams.

Basically i'm far too lazy to think of anything creative but it's a decent night on the beer so i'm throwing on a black dress and pretending I put some thought into it.

Guy who hates everything, reporting in.

I think that Halloween and its modern cultural aesthetic are dumb.

I also think that dressing up as a fictional idea (character) instead of being interesting on your own merit is dumb. Don't dress up "as someone;" be the character instead.

This fascination with death and ambiguous darkness disgusts me, and I hate myself for being unable to appreciate it. Congratulations; you people have made me into the MetaGoth.

Guy who hates everything, reporting in.

I think that Halloween and its modern cultural aesthetic are dumb.

I also think that dressing up as a fictional idea (character) instead of being interesting on your own merit is dumb. Don't dress up "as someone;" be the character instead.

This fascination with death and ambiguous darkness disgusts me, and I hate myself for being unable to appreciate it. Congratulations; you people have made me into the MetaGoth.

I think someone needs a Halloween Hug.

For me nothing. I won't be taking part in Halloween as usual. this is for a few reasons if you want to here them.

#1 ever since I was young I never really enjoyed dressing up. I never totally hated it, I just never liked the idea enough to take part. in fact the only thing im ever going to wear that's ever going to be slightly dress up is a top hat I bought. come to think of it I never liked regular hat's much either.

#2 I find the way Halloween is done to be a bit backwards in a way. first kids are tought  about stranger danger and how to never accept sweet's from strangers...to then do that exact thing on Halloween.....um what??

#3 I have a bit sensitive stomach.its nothing that bad but it limits how many sweets I can have before I start to feel bad. in fact if I have to much bad stuff at once it feels like a bomb go's off inside of me.

#4 ever since I had sweet it sort of put me off them a bit. it was after I started to eat healthy'er and after I chewed it I tasted it I could taste how artificial it was.

#5 I love taking it easy and/or being lazy sometimes and a Halloween  costume would be far to much work. also time pressure to get it ready on time. I hate time pressure or any other sort of pressure. 

that's everything. and don't worry if I seem like an utter downer when it comes to Halloween because im not. i would never tell anyone its stupid or sucks or makes no sense. and neither would I tell somebody to not have so many sweets or that they are bad for you. 

I learnt a long time ago that telling someone what to do never works. in fact I once told myself to go to bed early'er... I went to bed at 4.38 A.M that night...

I haven't actively participated in Halloween since my senior year in high school, and the candy wasn't even the main motivation at the time.  I don't think I dressed up as anything in particular.  Just wore a black balaclava with a black sweatshirt and jeans, using my school backpack to store my spoils.

Every year since then, instead of walking around in the increasingly cold October air and taking candy that I may or may not actually like, I sat my single self on the front steps and handed out candy in my parent's stead, allowing me to pick the cream of the crop so long as the remaining pile lasted until the flow of visitors ceased.

I think someone needs a Halloween Hug.

Blame my stupid curmudgeonly brain. It likes to invent high-minded artistic objections to all kinds of stuff, and Halloween is in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I also don't care for Tim Burton, so there you go. My brain thinks his work is boring, and all the popular conversation it sparked only made things worse.

On a conscious level, I just stay well away from Halloween in general. I don't want to alienate people by hating the stuff they like, because that will only feed the culture to which I'm objecting. I want people to be able to have a good time doing the stuff they like, as long as they're not peeing in the proverbial pool and dumping on someone else's good time.

Basically, it feels like Halloween has become the domain of a subculture that I don't understand or appreciate, so I keep well away from it. I do have a plan for entertaining this year's candy hobos, though. Never neglect the children.

Blame my stupid curmudgeonly brain. It likes to invent high-minded artistic objections to all kinds of stuff, and Halloween is in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I also don't care for Tim Burton, so there you go. My brain thinks his work is boring, and all the popular conversation it sparked only made things worse.

On a conscious level, I just stay well away from Halloween in general. I don't want to alienate people by hating the stuff they like, because that will only feed the culture to which I'm objecting. I want people to be able to have a good time doing the stuff they like, as long as they're not peeing in the proverbial pool and dumping on someone else's good time.

Basically, it feels like Halloween has become the domain of a subculture that I don't understand or appreciate, so I keep well away from it. I do have a plan for entertaining this year's candy hobos, though. Never neglect the children.

To be honest, there are only a few reasons I like these times of the year and none of them are due to the reasoning behind it.

Halloween, I get to have a bit of fun with the kids before they go off to their grans for the night (they go every halloween, my mother lives in a nice village so it's safer for them to have a halloween party there than in town where we live) and then me and my husband go for a few drinks. Our local tends to have a good night on at halloween.

Christmas is the same. It's a fun time for our kids but it's not really the same for us anymore.