Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tiberon Is Boring

Seox

Hello, all

While the tiberon represents a new weapon with new stats, I feel that the weapon this week could have been something far more interesting.

I LOVE the aesthetic. This is a very different spin on tenno weapons as the previous ones have been more elegant and not quite as "solid" and rugged as this one was. When I first used it, I really expected something nice and heavy, but was once again greeted with a high-pitched "PEWPEWPEW." I'm astounded by the number of weapons in the game that sound light/medium and feel like the tiberon is just a reskinned burston given that most weapons are wholly adequate for most of the game's content. Exacerbating things is the 2.5% status chance and 5% crit chance - the gun can only be built one way, really. This makes for a rehashed, repackaged, one dimensional jump right back into more of the same.

This could have been the game's first DMR/heavy semiautomatic rifle, LMG, or a tenno ricochet rifle, or any number of other interesting weapons, and I feel that the opportunity was a bit wasted because this just feels like more of what we've already seen.

To be clear, this isn't about stats. The weapon seems great with respect to that. This is about flavor, and I feel that the tiberon sorely lacks in this regard.

Thoughts?

Edited by Seox

since is built on top of the latron i suppose its to be expected for it to be yet another light/medium gun

i guess you could start a rally to make them make another latron "expansion kit" that changes barrel and chamber for a higher caliber

Good point about the latron; I just wish that they had made something with more character. We've got at least three tenno burst weapons right now and it just isn't so exciting when new content comes out that feels the same as old content, because it doesn't change up gameplay at all.

while I agree we need a DMR/heavy semiautomatic rifle type rifle, It didn't need to be the tiberon. If the weapon doesn't suite your playstyle then, it doesn't not every rifle will.

Absolutely, and I agree that it doesn't suit the tiberon. Rather, I'm arguing that a different weapon ought to have been released.

Edited by Seox

I agree with you.

When i first saw it i was like

HEAVYMACHINEGUNTHATDOES60DAMAGEISGOINGTOABSOLUTLYWREKEVERTHING I WANT IT.

I found out it was bust and i was like...oh..let down. 

We have the:

Hind

Burston

Burston Prime

Sybaris

Should have been a heavy machine gun

140513090214.jpg

Really all I give a S#&$ about is if it usable and if it's fun, if you don't like burst don't make a thread ranting about it, just forget about it and get on with your life.

Easy, buddy.

This is a feedback thread. Not everyone cares about aesthetic and style just like not everybody cares about viability and damage.

Different sides of the coin and such.

Besides, it's not about burst - it's about doing the same thing the same way for the fourth time.

Might agree, but look, we got some original weapons (Buzzlock, Feeze ray, Nukor) prior to this, why not a solid bred-n-butter rifle this time. 

That's true too - that's definitely a valid counterpoint. I dunno, I guess I'd at least rather see a faction do something different. Tenno continuous laser, corpus burst, etc. Doing a burst weapon for the faction with the most burst weapons still seems a bit redundant even if it's a bread and butter thing, you know?
Edited by Seox

I think too many players view updates from a veteran/endgame perspective. Which there's nothing wrong with, of course, it helps to drive DE into a corner where they'll finally build us that sort of content. Consider instead though, the impact this has on newer players.

The Tiberon is arguably the best burst-action rifle in the game. It also demands the most, with a forma and an already-built Latron to make. That's more than a lot of early-mid game players are willing to use, especially if they don't have many weapon slots.

Also on your comment that it's play is stale; this is true. The lack of crit and lack of proc do leave this weapon to only damage builds. But at least it's OBVIOUSLY  a damage build. Weapons like the Nukor dangle a potential max 8.8x damage on crits in front of players, but it's crit chance is so laughably low that nobody in their right mind would build for crit. Weapons with high proc tend to not be very useful outside that effect. This gun sits down, talks business, plays no games and performs exactly like it should.

On the note of it's appearance and sounds, yes, we need to have some more powerful sound work in this game. I'm personally getting a little bit bored at some of the gun designs that come through, like the Buzlok, that the entire community immediately pinned as a sniper, only for it to turn out to be... not. User Cyberspace100 a few posts up claimed the Tiberon looked like a heavy machine gun.

I just think that DE's design team needs to have more cohesive weapon design.

I think too many players view updates from a veteran/endgame perspective. Which there's nothing wrong with, of course, it helps to drive DE into a corner where they'll finally build us that sort of content. Consider instead though, the impact this has on newer players.

The Tiberon is arguably the best burst-action rifle in the game. It also demands the most, with a forma and an already-built Latron to make. That's more than a lot of early-mid game players are willing to use, especially if they don't have many weapon slots.

Also on your comment that it's play is stale; this is true. The lack of crit and lack of proc do leave this weapon to only damage builds. But at least it's OBVIOUSLY  a damage build. Weapons like the Nukor dangle a potential max 8.8x damage on crits in front of players, but it's crit chance is so laughably low that nobody in their right mind would build for crit. Weapons with high proc tend to not be very useful outside that effect. This gun sits down, talks business, plays no games and performs exactly like it should.

On the note of it's appearance and sounds, yes, we need to have some more powerful sound work in this game. I'm personally getting a little bit bored at some of the gun designs that come through, like the Buzlok, that the entire community immediately pinned as a sniper, only for it to turn out to be... not. User Cyberspace100 a few posts up claimed the Tiberon looked like a heavy machine gun.

I just think that DE's design team needs to have more cohesive weapon design.

I like the variety of feedback you've supplied here and agree with you on most all of it. The reason many players view content from an endgame perspective is because many players are at that point in their progression, and that feedback on beginning/midgame sides of content is probably best left to players who are actually at that point and not just playing an alt or hypothesizing about how the content might apply to other levels of play outside their own. It's definitely been a long time since I've been a brand new player, for instance, and I'm usually hesitant to paint with a broad brush.

I'm definitely with you on the cohesion of design, and in particular designs like the Buzlok that don't seem to agree with their personalities when you're actually using them.

Edited by Seox

All in all, i aint trading in my burston for this. Its nice and has the highest damage of any rifle in the game but...the status chance of the burston only makes up for it, and the fast reload. i'll get it, maybe forma it and im sure it will become a new favorite but i don't know. A machine gun would have been a better idea, the gorgon and supra are pretty sub par.

It needs...

- Better sound

- Full-auto in hip fire

- Burst while zooming

IMO.

But i wonder how damage would work... Full-auto would be OP with that damage... but without that damage Burst would suck..

Edited by Korusagi

It needs...

- Better sound

- Full-auto in hip fire

- Burst while zooming

IMO.

But i wonder how damage would work... Full-auto would be OP with that damage... but without that damage Burst would suck..

This would DEFINITELY have been a far more interesting mechanic as all of the existing burst weapons are consistently burst, not auto from the hip. I would have been satisfied with this because it would have been distinct instead of the fourth shot at the same weapon style from the same faction.

No crit, no status = mastery fodder, use it, abuse it, throw it away :D

Then throw your Boltor prime away as well cuase its S#&$ in both the crit and status department as well.  This Shots Three Bullets at a time that do 60 dmg each not counting Multishot. Thats 180 dmg Per trigger pull it has like no recoil so all three bullets can head shot. So what do you do if the status and crit sucks well you mod for elemental dmg instead unless your one of the people that Confuse status (Proc) with Actual elemental dmg.

It needs...

- Better sound

- Full-auto in hip fire

- Burst while zooming

IMO.

I really like this idea. Reeeeally like it.

For damage, you actually have it do different amounts of damage per shot based on whether its being hip fired or fired while aimed down sights.

Interesting that people don't like the sound. When I read that people disliked it, I IMMEDIATELY thought of the Latron P / Boar P and assumed the worst.

Maybe it's because my expectations were at the ground, but I actually enjoy the sound of it. It's definitely not quite as meaty as the old Gorgon or even old Latron, but I think they did a good job on it.

Balancing aside, one thing I can wholeheartedly agree with is that many of the weapon sounds in Warframe just feel a bit... lacking. As a gun nut and an audiophile, a few meatier audio effects for some of the weapons to match their style and use would be much appreciated.

statwise the gun is good
I also like how its a burst weapon

and aesthetically the gun looks awesome
but yes I wish the gun sounds would be "heavier"
and whats with the fancy dual bayonette if you cant use it?

considered all things I like it
this can become my battle rifle of choice with some forma
I need some more time with it to know for sure