Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tiberon Final Verdict (T4 Vs Heavy Gunner And Vor)

.Talia.

but how does it perform in pvp?

I maxed it out thinking it would be good for PvP... Turns out its just as bad as the Burston Prime. :(

Nice stuff, Rex. Did you use all of your dual status mods here?

Also, can't imagine why people would fuse their Latron Wraith into this thing...

No, just two dual status mods... This is the build i used:

Warframe0069.jpg

Could perform better if remove Rhime Rounds and put Malignant Force. But i recorded the video with the same build i was using on PvP.

Edited by RexSol

shocked people have maxed heavy caliber at all. I would play around with that crit system abit. Seems to have some unusual promise in odd areas.

well HC is still good for Stream weapons like Phage, Flux Rifle or that Tracking Rifle but i think this weapon should be made for precise fire since its low on recoil already

i think maxed heavy caliber made it just a poor man shotgun

Id agree, HC on burst fire weapons is ok if you dont mind shotgun mode but I really like how accurate and little recoil the tiberon and BP are/have (tiberon is better than BP in this aspect imo) but also lets keep in mind that WB doesnt calculate dmg from procs, etc. and with burston you have pretty much 100% proc chance so take the WB calculated DPS with a grain of salt as theoretical and actual practical DMG are different.

Edited by Echoa

Is it just me, or is it really weird that this totally outclasses the Burston Prime?

it doesnt at all lol in any way. it has such a substantial status disadvantage vs burston which is the whole point of Burston Prime. Raw Potential DMG and effective DMG are different and it takes a good bit of math to calculate potential procs dmg, etc. which is where burston is going to gain a good amount of DMG. 

I.E

Viral Proc

Burston Prime will be able to effectively one shot 50% hp, then whittle away the rest while maintaining the proc.

Tiberon on the other hand will rarely proc viral and will have to go 100% - 0% without the viral proc assist/unlikely that itll proc

Edited by Echoa

it doesnt at all lol in any way it has such a substantial status disadvantage vs burston which is the whole point of Burston Prime

Uhhh... did you even read the numbers RexSol posted?  9k more burst DPS, 3k more sustained... that's not a small gap.  That's 65% more burst damage, and 35% more sustained.  So the Burston has status chance I guess, but most of those are going to be IPS anyways.  Yeah, damage isn't everything, but it's still important and that's just a huge performance gap.  

It's just weird to me that a Prime weapon is getting eclipsed by power creep; given that the Orokin tech is supposed to be the pinnacle.

Edited by Variatas

Uhhh... did you even read the numbers RexSol posted?  9k more burst DPS, 3k more sustained... that's not a small boost.  So the Burston has status chance I guess, but most of those are going to be IPS anyways.

um, do you even know that those are just numbers? take what you read in a dmg calculator with a grain of salt here. like ive said, effective DMG and theoretical DMG are entirely different not even counting that tiberon and burston have completely different methods to how they work. Burston Prime is a proc machine and using something like Corrosive or viral proc will give it a faster TTK than Tiberons 20dmg boost. I wish the idea gottfaust had in his calculator of TTK vs DPS would come back as TTK is a far more effective measure  than just potential theoretical dmg that includes nothing like proc dmg, armor, etc.

FYI, TTK = "time to kill" in case anyone didnt know. 

Edited by Echoa

Are they not both 3-rnd burst-fire rifles, or did I miss that?  65% more damage per burst and 35% more over time seems like it'd do fine in keeping a lead over the procs when the most common one is going to be Puncture.

No it wont, corrosive proc stacks so assuming no CP burstons effective DPS increases over time on a high level target while tiberons stays flat (relatively as it may once in a while proc) . If with CP burston still have the advantage of maintaining the viral proc in that case one shotting them to 1/2 health before the tiberon would reach 75% health on a target.

thats just talking about the void which is considered "endgame"

tiberon is a good weapon, but it doesnt out class the burston prime as you said.

Theres more to a weapons effective dmg than X base dmg vs Y base dmg.

Edited by Echoa

I maxed it out thinking it would be good for PvP... Turns out its just as bad as the Burston Prime. :(

No, just two dual status mods... This is the build i used:

Warframe0069.jpg

Could perform better if remove Rhime Rounds and put Malignant Force. But i recorded the video with the same build i was using on PvP.

forreal? damn then i guess we can only wait for a prime or vandal/wraith version