Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tiberon - Who Says You Can't Status, Build?

Janzer

Wow wow wow... I'm hearing a lot of audio cutting in there....
During your comparison to the Sybaris, there's a very obvious cut there.

The Tiberon is NOT a Status based weapon. With at most, shown there in your video, a 15% chance for status, per bullet, it's not brilliant.
It's more allrounded for damage than the Latron, with higher fire rate (barely), but overall the Latron Wraith and Prime are still better.

I love how people refuse to watch the video and actually listen to his point.

He isnt saying HEY THIS IS A STATUS WEAPON, he is saying that you can build it for status and have fun... ya know that old thing gamers use to do, have fun when playing.

Oh the ol' times.

The Tiberon is NOT a Status based weapon. With at most, shown there in your video, a 15% chance for status, per bullet, it's not brilliant.

It's more allrounded for damage than the Latron, with higher fire rate (barely), but overall the Latron Wraith and Prime are still better.

It has very low base status so there is no point in status build

It's a pure damage weapon. If you want status - go Burston Prime

He's not telling you "Hey, do this build", but he's telling you "Hey, status IS actually viable in this weapon!". Don't judge him if he wants to show you something cool to know.

I love how people refuse to watch the video and actually listen to his point.

He isnt saying HEY THIS IS A STATUS WEAPON, he is saying that you can build it for status and have fun... ya know that old thing gamers use to do, have fun when playing.

Oh the ol' times.

And you stole my point while i was redacting. But at least I'm not the only one thinking the same, thank you to prove me wrong :D

burston prime is my fav weapon..but i think this will give it a run for the money for me ( i will find out ). doing a status build on it i do think is a waste. im going to do a 5 forma build and i am thinking something like this atm. obviously for void runs

http://goo.gl/pTwPrm

* correct to 5 forma, forgot it has a v polarity..

Edited by dirtyvinny

Whoa whoa, Sybaris is bad?   Nah man, Sybaris wrecks stuff in T3 with so much ease.   Had the same build running when I compared them.  Sybaris lasted a lot longer in T3 than Tiburon.   Crit built Sybaris is powerful and with the slight spread it has helps when in a group even without shred I could get two kills at once.

Sybaris Void Build

My Tiberon Void Build

Tiburon with Dual Stat mods for void  

If you notice Sybaris ends up on top even if The Shark has more damage mods on and has more shots and faster fire and reload or the dual stat mods.   Sadly this new gun without having any good supplementary stats will fall short when compared to the proc machine of Burston and the Crit machine Sybaris.

Like a few have said Tiburon is the Karak of Burst Rifles good for damage but not excelling at it.

PS: Second build on a Burston Prime will yeild 88% proc rate so that one would be better off with a Viral build than Tiburon meager 27% and Sybaris is in the middle with 47% without proc mods.

Whoa whoa, Sybaris is bad?   Nah man, Sybaris wrecks stuff in T3 with so much ease.   Had the same build running when I compared them.  Sybaris lasted a lot longer in T3 than Tiburon.   Crit built Sybaris is powerful and with the slight spread it has helps when in a group even without shred I could get two kills at once.

Sybaris Void Build

My Tiberon Void Build

Tiburon with Dual Stat mods for void

If you notice Sybaris ends up on top even if The Shark has more damage mods on and has more shots and faster fire and reload or the dual stat mods.   Sadly this new gun without having any good supplementary stats will fall short when compared to the proc machine of Burston and the Crit machine Sybaris.

Like a few have said Tiburon is the Karak of Burst Rifles good for damage but not excelling at it.

PS: Second build on a Burston Prime will yeild 88% proc rate so that one would be better off with a Viral build than Tiburon meager 27% and Sybaris is in the middle with 47% without proc mods.

Sybaris is practically unusable w/o reaload mod while this gun can do with all-damage build out-dpsing Sybaris. 

Sybaris is practically unusable w/o reaload mod while this gun can do with all-damage build out-dpsing Sybaris.

Never noticed an issue with sybaris when it came to reloading. I myself was able to clear a group with one mybe two bursts and then run off to get another big group compared to this gun where I would throw in two maybe three into ONE heavy while a group pelted me with bullets. If you were to notice the sustained dps which takes into consideration reload was still high in Sybaris that Shark. Even in my baseline test with both guns having just serration split chamber and shred sybaris came out on top due to the crits i'd get here or there. Even the bigger clip of Shark didn't help when a clip went into a heavy only downing a quarter of its health while a whole sybaris clip downed half a heavies health at the same level range.

To the first part of your comment, there's quite a lot of reasons why a person will edit audio for videos. One them is when you burp. If you want I can post up the entire unedited audio for you to download, but I doubt you'll want to hear all of the false starts, redos, many many more UMs than are already in there, long drawn out uuuhhhhhhsssss, I mean, I'm not trained for speaking at all man! I had to go back and listen to the audio file to find out what I said and it was BURP.

The other reason I cut audio down now, versus many many more of my vids in the past, is because of analytics. I don't get many views. I am changing how I used to do vids because I'm trying to appeal to a shorter attention span audience, and I TOTALLY understand why most people don't want to sit through about 30 minutes of me talking about the variable differences from rifle to rifle!!!

My comparison to the Sybaris I mostly left out, due to just wanting to get past numbers, and letting people see some T3 live action. Numbers are great, facts are wonderful, and then there's the actual game play to factor in.

What I left out of my comparison between the Sybaris and the Tiberon was left out due to it not belonging in this particular video. This vid was specifically about the Tiberon and a potential modification to it, that would allow for some interesting results. HENCE, I skipped over hardcore comparisons of the Tiberon versus the other rifles I briefly mention.

Do you want to know what I think about the Sybaris versus Tiberon? The reason I say "basically you can't REALLY compare them" because they are intended for different styles of game play. The Sybaris is in the league of higher damage per trigger pull based on critical chance, while the Tiberon has twice the trigger pulls available, with near the same damage minus the crit chance. It has tighter....everything mostly with the exception of the reload which is not great on either. The Sybaris is for picking and choosing bigger targets, while the Tiberon is more flexible in that you can drop all three shots on one large target (and with viral annihilate them) or you can spray a crowd of enemy heads. I've done both with great success....because you can! The Tiberon is a more all around rifle, the tactical part coming in with the ability for flexibility while potential to scale, if you mod it well.

I love both the Sybaris and the Tiberon, so my cutting short talking about the difference in the vid was not a dig at the rifle, but more a keeping on focus and trying to save time.

So yes, I heavily edited my rambling &#!. Want the full Janzer? Go watch one of my 30 minute vids where I cut not a thing.

You're absolutely right when you say, the Tiberon is not a status based weapon. IF you listen to even the very first portion of me talking about stats, you'll clearly hear me say, the stats look lackluster, the status is low and the crit is not even worth it. Did you....watch the vid? I made it short....for reasons...

I absolutely explain how the 15% chance for status works, and even better, you get a chance to see it in action. But, as with my Sheev vid, people are bypassing the actual game play because the numbers told them the weapon is useless in some way.

You can't even compare the Latron to the Tiberon. Seriously.

OF COURSE the Latron Wraith and Prime are better!!! That's like saying I'm trying to compare the Sheev to the Dragon Nikana! I don't know why people tend to make these comparisons that I've never brought into the field of argument.

Thanks for your feedback regardless. It's good for people to see what the what.

It has very low base status so there is no point in status build

It's a pure damage weapon. If you want status - go Burston Prime

Tell that to all the players that can't get it quite yet, can't buy it because no plat, can't trade stuff for plat because their gear isn't great, etc. and so forth.

Sometimes, people need a little variety. This is a mastery rank 4, market purchasable, non-clan build, that requires an easy to build Latron and a forma, of which is more obtainable than all the parts to the Burston Prime in total.

If you build the rifle as a pure damage weapon, that is exactly what your limit will be. Let's get creative Tenno.

Actually a nice weapon but from my point of view it's not a weapon which is worth it use formas for it

I totally understand that. A lot of youtubers are throwing multiple forma into this weapon though. Even before I saw their vids I had already committed to throwing at least 2 into it. Why? Because for tactical burst rifles, it just feels good :D

Thanks for your feedback!

Damn, if it only fired like that.... at 10-17 fps it's a whole other story

Yes, I left that part out of the vid but did mention it in the comments. I noticed the slow down when particles are just going nuts on the screen. Definitely something to consider.

Whoa whoa, Sybaris is bad?

No, it's not. Who said it's bad? And for the record, Tibby and me solo in T3D, T4E, no probs. Tiberon is less about who's doing the most damage, but how well you're able to get that damage delivered. If you're a better shot, then I think the accuracy required of the Sybaris is better suited. The lack of crowd spraying is no issue if you're taking down enemies fast enough.

Once again, see an earlier post were I explain to one dude that, no, I'm not comparing them for reasons. Good reasons at that. People are making up their own narratives and it's interesting, but that's not what I presented.

You don't have to take my word for it, but my clan mates and a few others know, I luvs me some Sybaris. But then again you're also talking to a person that can effective use the Tigris lol!

You don't have to take my word for it, but my clan mates and a few others know, I luvs me some Sybaris. But then again you're also talking to a person that can effective use the Tigris lol!

As if they WILL take your word or anything.

After all, if you don't say Boltor Prime is king and everything else sucks you are just as clueless as I am.

I still use Tigris too lol. And Supra, and Dera, and Braton and...

I LIKE the oddball weapons. Not just the 'SPRAY THE AREA AND PRAY I HIT SOMETHING' weapons.

Edited by Kalenath

No, it's not. Who said it's bad? And for the record, Tibby and me solo in T3D, T4E, no probs. Tiberon is less about who's doing the most damage, but how well you're able to get that damage delivered. If you're a better shot, then I think the accuracy required of the Sybaris is better suited. The lack of crowd spraying is no issue if you're taking down enemies fast enough.

Once again, see an earlier post were I explain to one dude that, no, I'm not comparing them for reasons. Good reasons at that. People are making up their own narratives and it's interesting, but that's not what I presented.

Problem is when you cut around during the Sybaris Segment it gives a slight impression you feel the sybaris is bad,  Yes some people don;t like numbers and wanna see the action.  Others(myself included) do enjoy when someone shows they did the math and had play testing to show how each gun compares.   I do that when a new rifle comes out depending on what kind it is.   I took out my Burst Prime and My Tiamat(Sybaris) and tested them out with just Serration, splitchamber and that's it compared to Shark and well it came out with Shark pulling ahead early on due to speed but by 30mins Shark would need two bursts to down a Heavy while Burst Prime had been dealing extra damage when it would proc and well Tiamat was very erratic due to crits sometimes making it still down in one burst or if they didn't needing two 

Now that last part where they all would need two bursts or more by then

Bursto Prime/Shark=6 bullets used

Tiamat=4 bullets

A more direct comparison showed that while Shark had 1 more bullet per burst and 5 more bursts total it would lose out on damage due to wasted shots when compared to the smaller in both clip and burst Sybaris that with the even damage distribution could deal with them in 4 shots with only maybe the last one only taking out a sliver of health.

Hence why I've been using the term that Shark is the Karak of Burst fire, reliable strong but not the best there is with two different guns filling a different niche that may be better over all.  Not invalidating your thing just showing some are after numbers it all depends on what audience you'd want to cater to. 

Also Tigris is one beast of a gun, it might not deal top damage but it can get you and hold its ground in T3 content.   I myself main using Tigris when using shotty primaries.

Problem is when you cut around during the Sybaris Segment it gives a slight impression you feel the sybaris is bad,  Yes some people don;t like numbers and wanna see the action.  Others(myself included) do enjoy when someone shows they did the math and had play testing to show how each gun compares.   I do that when a new rifle comes out depending on what kind it is.   I took out my Burst Prime and My Tiamat(Sybaris) and tested them out with just Serration, splitchamber and that's it compared to Shark and well it came out with Shark pulling ahead early on due to speed but by 30mins Shark would need two bursts to down a Heavy while Burst Prime had been dealing extra damage when it would proc and well Tiamat was very erratic due to crits sometimes making it still down in one burst or if they didn't needing two 

Now that last part where they all would need two bursts or more by then

Bursto Prime/Shark=6 bullets used

Tiamat=4 bullets

A more direct comparison showed that while Shark had 1 more bullet per burst and 5 more bursts total it would lose out on damage due to wasted shots when compared to the smaller in both clip and burst Sybaris that with the even damage distribution could deal with them in 4 shots with only maybe the last one only taking out a sliver of health.

Hence why I've been using the term that Shark is the Karak of Burst fire, reliable strong but not the best there is with two different guns filling a different niche that may be better over all.  Not invalidating your thing just showing some are after numbers it all depends on what audience you'd want to cater to. 

Also Tigris is one beast of a gun, it might not deal top damage but it can get you and hold its ground in T3 content.   I myself main using Tigris when using shotty primaries.

"Problem is when you cut around during the Sybaris Segment it gives a slight impression you feel the sybaris is bad," - duly noted. I'm not a pro (clearly) at creating script (because I don't). At some point in the night I gotta sleep man, and for my channel being as small as it is, there is a definite "use before expired" time period that I need to get content out since all the other WF channels are pumping it out faster than a male rabbit that won the 'two man enter, one man leave' arena battle and has now all females available for his......ok I'm stopping there. I hope you get the idea!

One thing I will note, which I barely touched on because (once again I wonder why I say it) it wasn't the point of the video, was that the base overall damage of the Tiberon of 15/30/15 versus the base overall damage of the Burston Prime 11.7/11.7/15.6

I did state that "because of the base damage being higher on the Tiberon, elemental damage will scale higher". That's one thing you can ping me on in whether I made a comparison of the Tiberon versus the Burston Prime. I also mentioned that the status was HIGHER on the BP and the crit on the Tibber was nothing to look at.

I can not agree with you more in your COMPARISON of the Burston Prime versus Sybaris versus Tiberon. You should do a video on that. That wasn't my video!!! At this point I feel like you just want me to say, "Why yes, you are correct."

Why yes, your analysis is correct. I....never opposed it....soooooo.....here's a smiley face?

:D

HAVE FUN TENNO!

P.S. - I use Tigris to fill the void in my life of a double barreled shotgun exploding the utter life out of an enemy that I'm sliding towards. One of my favorite moves is sliding into a small group of enemies and just annihilating them with a well placed Tigris shot :D   Another weapon that because it doesn't have extreme fire rate, can get ignored because the usage of it (skill) requires way more than necessary in order to become effective as a map cleaner. Have I mentioned that I might just be a bit of a masochist due to my gaming upbringing?!  O.o

Edited by Janzer