Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soooo... Shotguns?

Dwaggons

This falloff you keep speeking of, that's bullet drop/dissapearance, right?

If so, you can't remove that from a shotgun. That is what shotguns do..

No the falloff we speak of is say you are hitting a target point blank you have max damage, say he is 20 meters away it only hits for half damage, just an example.

No the falloff we speak of is say you are hitting a target point blank you have max damage, say he is 20 meters away it only hits for half damage, just an example.

This right here. I hate it, it's a horrible mechanic almost every shooter uses and it's not at all how shotguns work. Just because you are 20 feet away from your target DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE PELLETS WOULD HAVE SIGNIFICANTLY LESS DESTRUCTIVE FORCE. GAHHHHHHHHHH

The power would wear of doe, just not as fast as they put it in the game

Like, instead of having it drop by 70% dmg at 20m they could make it drop by 40% at 40m and anything under that wouldnt make a difference 

Edited by Dwaggons

Ah I see, well thats also a thing on shotguns so I dont see how that could be removed/edited..

Because of the spread?

In Warframe with various mods and various shotguns, you can find some situations where every pellet will hit at a distance, but the damage is still greatly lowered.

This right here. I hate it, it's a horrible mechanic almost every shooter uses and it's not at all how shotguns work. Just because you are 20 feet away from your target DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE PELLETS WOULD HAVE SIGNIFICANTLY LESS DESTRUCTIVE FORCE. GAHHHHHHHHHH

Exactly. I find it funny that the throwing weapons VISUALLY drop but still inflict full damage yet Shotguns are somehow less powerful than a Tenno's throwing arm at range.

Edited by Ace_Kayo

Ah I see, well thats also a thing on shotguns so I dont see how that could be removed/edited..

not with the ranges Warframe fights in.

you'd need to multiply the falloff start and end ranges by 3-4 to be even remotely accurate to reality. and that would make the falloff pointless, because 95% of the time you'd be shooting inside the falloff starting distance.

all Firearms do 'that', so why are Shotguns the only ones that experience it in the entire game, while the rest do full Damage always? why does an Arrow or throwing knife do thousands of Damage at extreme Ranges, while a Shotgun pellet does like, 20.

the falloff has no place in Warframe because of spread, and because of the normal engagement ranges. it's almost impossible to do both:

- find an area where you have a huge expansive space

- hit an Enemy with more than one or two pellets

good luck doing both of those. and based on the rest of Warframe. Shotguns should deal full Damage at all Ranges. 

even then, other Weapons will still deal more Damage, shoot faster, have larger Magazines, larger Ammo Pools, higher Accuracy, have much more effective Status and Crit capability... Et Cetera.

why would you have falloff on a Weapon Archetype that's near or at the bottom of the effectiveness ladder? it was doing too much Damage? *laughs*

not with the ranges Warframe fights in.

you'd need to multiply the falloff start and end ranges by 3-4 to be even remotely accurate to reality. and that would make the falloff pointless, because 95% of the time you'd be shooting inside the falloff starting distance.

all Firearms do 'that', so why are Shotguns the only ones that experience it in the entire game, while the rest do full Damage always? why does an Arrow or throwing knife do thousands of Damage at extreme Ranges, while a Shotgun pellet does like, 20.

the falloff has no place in Warframe because of spread, and because of the normal engagement ranges. it's almost impossible to do both:

- find an area where you have a huge expansive space

- hit an Enemy with more than one or two pellets

good luck doing both of those. and based on the rest of Warframe. Shotguns should deal full Damage at all Ranges. 

even then, other Weapons will still deal more Damage, shoot faster, have larger Magazines, larger Ammo Pools, higher Accuracy, have much more effective Status and Crit capability... Et Cetera.

why would you have falloff on a Weapon Archetype that's near or at the bottom of the effectiveness ladder? it was doing too much Damage? *laughs*

actually it was all because of the Tigris I believe, people were sniping with that shotgun I believe, and the Brakk didn't help either, so basically all the balanced shotguns got screwed because of two weapons.

actually it was all because of the Tigris I believe, people were sniping with that shotgun I believe, and the Brakk didn't help either, so basically all the balanced shotguns got screwed because of two weapons.

Hek is why Shotguns got Damage Falloff. and we've kept it despite the rest of the game adding many zeroes to the end of their stats around Shotguns.

and the reason why the Damage Falloff was added... was to compensate for issues we don't have anymore.

Shotguns don't have 600% Multishot and 7-9m Piercing. it hasn't been a thing for a long time.

I miss the days when Hek was actually a valid weapon of choice along with the gorgon. Then the shotgun nerf happend and along with dmg 2.0 is rendered the hek and his brothers useless in comparsion to other weapons. Also to those who claim shotgun damage fall off is a good mechanic should see how useful it was back then, not this pile of trash we call a weapon.

They just need to remove the damage falloff already hate it when an enemy is 30m away and i hit for like 25 percent damage mind you I already have ridiculous spread with my boar prime.

Falloff NEEDS to go away, and if there is issues with sniping shotguns, just give em spread.