Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skana 2.0 - The Way Of The Master Sword (Concept)

X3Evanescence

Looking at the recent release of Tiberon, we are looking at something called "Weapon Progression". Things like Lato being used to create a Bolto, Nikana getting upgraded into Dragon Nikana... Get the pattern here?

And now we look at our poster sword, the Skana. The poor sword that people throw away as soon as they level it to 30 or get Cronus. What about implementing this sort of weapon progression into the Skana?

At a certain Mastery Rank, you can purchase X Blueprint from the store to upgrade your Skana to (example) Master Skana. Then at another Mastery Rank you can upgrade it to "Dragon Skana" for example.

It will fit the Codex Entry for the Skana:

"Before all other weapons, Tenno master the Skana. This simple blade becomes immensely powerful in the hands of a master. For Tenno, it is the foundation of their fighting style and a pillar of their culture."

Thoughts and suggestions? Of course the Skana Prime would need a buff to compensate too.

P.S. Yes I was inspired by Link's Master Sword in Legend of Zelda. That explains the terrible title :X

TL;DR? The Skana is a beautiful poster sword. Why not be able to upgrade it with blueprints?

Edited by X3Evanescence

Nice idea... if implemented in a tasty way, not like the eeve's evolution from pokemon: so no umbreskana, vaporskana, flareskana or foolishness like that pls.

We've already the skana prime (not all weapons have to be viable for endgame) so I think it would be better if this idea could be implemented for a new melee weapon, with 3/4 iteration of the same basic design where the last one is on par with dakra p or dragon nikana.

Nice idea. I hope we can use the Braton to get a new upgraded Braton, like the Tiberon is an upgraded Latron.

Not any more than the Bolto is an upgraded Lato (and I haven't heard of anyone looking at the former in that way.)  If it retained the crit and/or status chance maybe, sure, I could see that.

While it would be cute to see the skana be used to make something, it'd essentially amount to being another one handed sword.  I'm at the point where I'm either going for raw killing potential (unless it's the Dakra Prime, none of them really have this) or picking based on look (a lot of them look nice, fortunately.)

Edited by Littleman88

snip

I love every part of this. There are too many weapons that people ditch as soon as they can because they out right suck. Giving an incentive to keep them and upgrade them more would also spawn a bunch of new weapon ideas.