Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Would You Want End-Game To Be?

Aciaj613

Asking people to understand endgame here is like trying to explain what the word exclusive means in this community.

lol +1

I've been there for the last few months. Nothing left to do at this point.

Right, because there is no endgame in Warframe. None. At all.

aaand according to Scott, we're not going to be getting any because the game is more being directed at a casual playerbase. 

Right, because there is no endgame in Warframe. None. At all.

aaand according to Scott, we're not going to be getting any because the game is more being directed at a casual playerbase. 

And there is my point.

The sigils are a step in the right direction. Making cosmetics you can only obtain through quests is a good idea, everyone wants to look cool and be unique. If this system has very high difficulty quests, and very aesthetically pleasing sigils, it will work out. Of course down the road it would have to be not just limited to sigils, and would have to include other forms of cosmetics.

big and hard....

I want a boss that is huge but not a bullet sponge but more complex then lephantis, Something that requires a full team that planned ahead in every way.

I want a boss that you have to melee, you have to distract it while your team does something else to win, or one person has to bait it while the other gets behind to attack the weakpoint. A boss that is completely unsoloable, and something you will lose the first time you try it. The boss fight has to last a long time too so it feels like a real battle.

Here's an idea of a boss fight with alad v because I was really disappointed when I first fought him because of how easy it was.

First he taunts you along the way, and then after a taunt you will run into an ambush of a larger amount of troops then normal. You will get onto it pretty quick that after a taunt there is an ambush ahead of you. So it should not screw even new players over to much.

Next you make it to his room, Now I see alad v as not being a combat guy and as having some sort of escape ready. So he gets out of there quick and then robots pop up out of the floor to fight you. He is a corpus Boss he fights through his proxies.

Next you kills the robots or just run after him, and start hacking the door to his room. He comes up on the screen and yells for zanuka to stop you from getting in. so zanuka jumps in and knocks you away from the hacking panel. Now Zanuka can't be beat yet because you have to take out alad first but some players will not know that so they will feel helpless before this robot. After a bit the lotus will come on with something about alad being the key or something like that,

Then you will have some choices. If you have a team or think you can tank it you can hack the panel, but this will be a larger hacking game then normal so it will take a bit of time. Or the solo route would be to parkour your way up to were alad is and then wreck the window he is watching the fight from. You blast him some, he uses his tenno tech and stuff to shield himself and calls for Zanuka but now that you damaged him you can fight zanuka better blah blah blah you kill him and raid his supplies or resources. For a fight this long and harder you will need less rng to farm neural sensors or valk parts too

Anyway I want a real boss fights that take some thought to beat and last long enough to be called a boss.   

Personally I view End-Game for games like this to be something that keeps the interest of players that have been around since launch of the game.   Quests, or Missions that give them a challenge even when using their best equipment.   

Unlike other games, or MMO's that view End-Game as dumping in weapons and gear that have stupidly high stats, and rediculious requirements to obtain these weapons and gear, and even more so just to equip them.   I don't view this style as End-Game.  just a stop gap for the game that is clearly running out of ideas.

For Warframe though.   I'm not seeing that weapon or gear dump being the way that End-Game will be approached.   Despite the forums threads and topics about this or that weapon being better.   I've found that people seem to have more fun using gear that they personally Like, and seems to fit with the theme of the Frame.   Take for example the Tiberon that was just released.  A burst fire version of the latron.   A gun that several say is OP and needed for running Void Missions,  especailly Defense and Survival past a certain point.     Yet..  Personally I feel that the gun might replace my Hek on my Rhino...  Which I don't always use in Void missions, just depends on how I feel that day.

But...  to Get back on Topic... or rather to Give Idea's....

End-Game for WarFrame....

This is rather an interesting Topic and one that can be hard to Address.    As stated on the Dev Stream on the 3rd.   Do we want to just make the Tower Higher, so only those people that have done everything can enjoy this content.  Or do we keep making the Tower, larger and more complex yet with the ability of those just starting being able to test themselves at this content..

I feel the best way to Address this Issue, would be to make missions more Complex, even random to keep people on there toes.   Much like how you can sometimes start a mission with me being a "Collect the Data" type,  and turn into an Extermination..     There should be more of this happening in missions..   Even having an Extermination Mission, getting repopulated.   With the Lotus saying something like " Look Out Tenno.  Grineer/Corpus Reinforcements have arrived"  and you have to fight through more enemies even to the point of back tracking.  Which could lead to a whole "While your here..  Blow up the power core for the Base/Ship"  before leaving.   With the enemies scaling up with each task that gets added.   Naturally Limiting the number of tasks that could be added to a mission.  Don't want to get stuck in one after all xD.   

But something like that could give people continued reason to play, they start a mission expecting one thing, only it changes shortly after starting.   Even could expand on the current factions to where they send elite hunters after you ( Not just the harvesters or G3)   But, ones that spawn if you end up playing only certain missions against a faction for a period of time.   Not just invasions, but just corpus defense. or Grineer Survival..  Maybe even Void missions.    Where a NeroCentry Sends out a Hunter Unit of its own to try to keep you from raiding the Orikin ships in the void.  Just a random extra challange in missions.   Fighting through Grineer and then this Corrupted Shows up, probably with friends to try to stop you from defling the Orikin ships..

Just some idea's that have been floating in my head.   (and no I don't know what loot they would drop.  Maybe they don't drop anything, or maybe Void keys for the corrupted elites..   the grineer and corpus..  dunno..  full feldon and detonate?.   just idea's..  :3

~

Tveoh

Strategic boss fights, and content that someone can't just taxi their MR1 friend through for "phat lootz".

The latter, or perhaps both, procedurally generated to some extent to keep the entire thing worth doing for entertainment.

Then, toss some fancy S#&$ for rewards(aesthetics, fancy gear, whatever else one could want from the system). Have the entire thing scale up the more you play it(resetting at set intervals, a week, for example) in difficulty- note: difficulty; not enemy level exclusively. I.E Have more miniboss type enemies spawn, have some actual bosses make an appearance, and/or toss you into the vacuum of space and make you get to solid ground once more.

Then, tie some lore to it as you go: delicious tidbits that leave questions and make you think, or unlock entire chains after you complete a certain objective.

Strategic boss fights, and content that someone can't just taxi their MR1 friend through for "phat lootz".

The latter, or perhaps both, procedurally generated to some extent to keep the entire thing worth doing for entertainment.

Then, toss some fancy S#&$ for rewards(aesthetics, fancy gear, whatever else one could want from the system). Have the entire thing scale up the more you play it(resetting at set intervals, a week, for example) in difficulty- note: difficulty; not enemy level exclusively. I.E Have more miniboss type enemies spawn, have some actual bosses make an appearance, and/or toss you into the vacuum of space and make you get to solid ground once more.

Then, tie some lore to it as you go: delicious tidbits that leave questions and make you think, or unlock entire chains after you complete a certain objective.

Sounds like my kinda thing, only more odds being stacked against me.

You guys may find this sounding a bit stupid...but i never really understood what the term End-game meant in terms of Warframe.

Warframe doesn't have end-game just yet.

But as of current the considered "End-Game" is going past 40 Min in a T4 or T3 Survival

What if it there was the possibility to choose mission level after completing the solar system? This way we could try any mission in the solar system with a 100+ level and form different squads to go challenge ourselves to finish a mission in a very difficult level. Also this extra-difficult levels could have a better RNG for loots. 

What if it there was the possibility to choose mission level after completing the solar system? This way we could try any mission in the solar system with a 100+ level and form different squads to go challenge ourselves to finish a mission in a very difficult level. Also this extra-difficult levels could have a better RNG for loots. 

Choosing levels doesn't create content for us, it will just add something that should have been there a very long time ago

While this doesn't solve an issue that a lot of people have, I have always wanted to be able to select special variants of missions... I don't care how-game-breaking.

For example: I want to select an all eximus survival, I want to select what level of enemies we fight.... To get rid of oxygen entirely for just the gold ole days of worrying about the level 400 enemies blasting your face.

Maybe one day.

This reminds me about Path of Exile where end game is simply doing maps with random properties. There are no other bells and whisles, are hard and reaching next character level takes forever, but people seem to like it. 

And here we are in Warframe or as I like to call it Power Creep: The Game. We have too much power. Devs want to balance around level 30, yet at that level we can destroy everything we get thrown at us just sneezing in general direction. And enemies are not as interesting as they could. Aside from different guns nothing seperates sniper/elite/detron/regular crewman.

In short, phrase "Game over end game" has my full support. Without fun, chalanging and well balanced game there can't be fun, chalanging and well balanced end game. No matter how many bells and whisles you come up with.