Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Feedback On Dark Sector Conflicts

Feed_Him_Mungo

I understand this game is mainly PvE, but come on, surely you could've put some more effort into the PvP part. The amount of out right broken in PvP is  insane. It's also insane to think that this even got the O.K from the dev team because of how broken it is.

An Ash can sit outside of a spawn point waiting for someone to walk out, press 4 and kill EVERYONE in it, and what can the opposing team do besides sit there and take it? Nothing. You can't even shoot through your own spawn barrier.

You spawn in late to a game? Too bad for you, you're under-leveled and have no mods. Oh, you wanted to step outside of spawn? Well you've suddenly turned RED and now an Ash is killing your entire team.

Also, the spaceship design for your menu screen, who seriously gave that the O.K? It's the most inconvenient, lazy attempt at trying to innovate and to be unique.

Edited by theclinton
cleaned

WorkInProgress

EDIT: Could these things be improved? Absolutely. And they will be, in time. But stating it as if things will never change, and in a place not meant for "feedback" seems very counterproductive to whatever you seem to be trying to relay to us.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

Also if you don't like walking around your ship you can also hit the escape menu and access everything from there..

I know, but the ship design was so unnecessary. I don't get the reasoning behind adding it in. Were they trying to make it feel like they were making a special snow flake menu screen?

I know, but the ship design was so unnecessary. I don't get the reasoning behind adding it in. Were they trying to make it feel like they were making a special snow flake menu screen?

They're attempting to ground the gameplay and story in a consistent location, instead of some sort of ethereal space, and in that regard I feel they have succeeded.

Besides, the UI is subjective. Some people like it, some people don't. They can't cater to everyone, and no single side is right or wrong.

They're attempting to ground the gameplay and story in a consistent location, instead of some sort of ethereal space, and in that regard I feel they have succeeded.

Besides, the UI is subjective. Some people like it, some people don't. They can't cater to everyone, and no single side is right or wrong.

I actually like the Liset, but then again... I sat in an actual Soyuz Capsule once. Talk about CLAUSTROPHOBIC!

They will be adding more to the ship as they add more stuff. Archwing in particular will add something to the lower section.

But Snake is right, can't please everyone.

The thing is, they rely on the players to help give feedback and come up with ideas, which they have been doing. The system is working as planned. All that remains is the next course of action. Remember, not everyone thinks the way others do. Not everyone likes DS Conflicts, not everyone dislikes them. People are variable.

So how would you make a unique game mode without extensive testing? And who better to test said game mode other than the 8 million+ registered beta players?  

If you think games just happen you seriously know nothing about game development, it is a long process that takes a tonne of trial and error and the process takes even longer if you do all the testing in house.

Edited by theclinton
cleaning

It's almost like you forgot opinions exist.

I suppose it's simply "your opinion" that pvp is working as planned and functional, then? You don't even realise that your response is ironic, do you? What is my post if not an opinion. Do i need to explicitly state that it's so, or that my objection to your opinion is just the expression of my own? 

If you eat a cake before it is finished is it going to be as good as the final product or even close to the end result? Of course not and this is the same situation. 

And welcome to the forums I am certain you will make a great contribution. 

Off topic but cookie dough can be frekkin delicious! :D

The thing is, they rely on the players to help give feedback and come up with ideas, which they have been doing. The system is working as planned. All that remains is the next course of action. Remember, not everyone thinks the way others do. Not everyone likes DS Conflicts, not everyone dislikes them. People are variable.

If they wanted ideas, they could go to Warframe general in /vg/, they give constructive feedback, but it's too harsh for the Devs to look at. Which this has been proven before. they ban people at will because how dare you give harsh feedback to my quality freemium™ warframe™ game.

So how would you make a unique game mode without extensive testing? And who better to test said game mode other than the 8 million+ registered beta players?  

If you think games just happen you seriously know nothing about game development, it is a long process that takes a tonne of trial and error and the process takes even longer if you do all the testing in house.

Who better? private testers who can recognise obvious flaws before exposing it to your market and devaluing your final product. 

If they wanted ideas, they could go to Warframe general in /vg/, they give constructive feedback, but it's too harsh for the Devs to look at. Which this has been proven before. they ban people at will because how dare you give harsh feedback to my quality freemium™ warframe™ game.

I can't talk about anything happening at /vg/, but no one is banned here for giving feedback.

Who better? private testers who can recognise obvious flaws before exposing it to your market and devaluing your final product. 

Who are a hell of a lot slower.

A game in that kind of testing takes years to come to a "Release state" were one in open beta can achieve it in a matter of months. 

If the price of shaving years of the development time is pissing of some elitists who detest open source testing than that is an acceptable price to pay.